Header image

Reproduction Weapons

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Stubbs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Reproduction Weapons

Postby Stubbs » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:45 pm

Scouttroper74 wrote:
This argument will be around for ever. There has been many polls on reproduction weapons on this forum and the many do not support it me included you cannot sell repro here i believe you cannot sell repro on any of the recognised facebook pages i am not a member so unsure. Also you cannot grade repro items so alarm bells should be ringing here its despised by many collectors who love original star wars toys and dont want it watered down with this crap.

Who exactly is it that is advocating selling repro here or on the FB forums? I'm certainly not. But I don't think we can shoot down anyone who simply has an opinion on the matter of repro!

I missed this sorry i was just explaining how reproduction is not accepted on a large scale. I was not shooting anyone down just pointing out that if you cannot sell it in the facebook groups or the forum's and cannot get it graded there must be a reason for why this is.

maybe you could give me a valid reason.

Dannywhiteley
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Reproduction Weapons

Postby Dannywhiteley » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:06 pm

Hate to say I purchased a set of these last week to see what they are like in person. Cost me £5 plus post for a set of 16 and on first glance they are quite good. There are some obvious tells on them, especially the imperial blaster, but unfortunately many people will get taken by these and the hobby will be awash with them soon if not already.

I'd hate to try to pick them out of a pile of genuine weapons in a hurry if my life depended on it.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”