Collecting help

jayums

Jedi Master
I've been collecting loose for a couple of years and have started to pick up some mocs in the last 6 months or so. It's something I was a bit reluctant to do because I just see it as a hobby and can't justify mega bucks.

My collecting goal is for the main characters (mostly first 12) plus a few others who i was particularly fond of the first time around on any reasonable condition cards.

Three that have alluded me so far:
Luke farm boy
Han Solo
C3PO fixed limbs

Assuming ESB / ROTJ more likely to be affordable (which suits me as these are the cards I remember buying anyway)

Obviously I could just go the quick and easy (and expensive) BIN route - but ideally I'd prefer to avoid paying way over the odds of at all possible!

So my question is to more experienced collectors : what would you 'expect' to pay for these -(ish!) on the cheapest possible card, with a bit of luck and patience, in the current market?

Any input is appreciated! Your answer will determine whether I give up or possibly go the reseal route, which I kind of like the idea of.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Luke Farmboy and original Han Solo are two of the more expensive Moc characters on any card. Even on ROTJ cards you're looking at a few hundred each for those now and there's not usually that many around for sale. Fixed limbs 3PO your obviously looking at only SW and early Empire cards so prob not that cheap either. Keep your eyes peeled on completed auctions and sales and you'll see what some are selling for.

spoons

Grand Master
If you are going for ROTJ cards why not put a run of the 12 original characters together but substitute later versions of them

Leia Boushh or Poncho
Luke Hoth or Jedi
Han Trench or Hoth

That should keep costs down and would be a different take on a theme

jayums

Jedi Master
spoons said:
If you are going for ROTJ cards why not put a run of the 12 original characters together but substitute later versions of them

Leia Boushh or Poncho
Luke Hoth or Jedi
Han Trench or Hoth

That should keep costs down and would be a different take on a theme

That thought did cross my mind - especially Luke Jedi which I think is a great looking moc and figure.

jayums

Jedi Master
Robstyley said:
Just had a quick look on eBay. There's one Luke Farmboy Moc. A graded 45 back.. for £695 :eek:

Thanks - I had clocked that one Rob... It's been on for quite a while so assuming that was a slightly optimistic asking price.

My gut instinct would be 300 - 350 for reasonable condition, maybe 400, but then I wondered whether that seemed way off the mark.

I have to say I would never pay 500+ for anything because the anxiety /guilt of spending that much for me personally would detract from the pleasure of ownership! I love seeing cool / rare stuff on the forum as I can enjoy looking at it without owning it :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
First 12 Luke's sell quickly on any card, the cheapest you are likely to get is an ESB card with blonde hair for around £300

Han is probably cheapest on a ROTJ card (original picture so 48 or 65 back) or possibly trilogo, but you're still looking at £250+

3PO will probably be cheapest on an ESB 41 back card (the last he was available on) and £200+

You will need to be very lucky to get any of the above cheaper than that in reasonable condition as they are all very sought after.

jayums

Jedi Master
Thanks Ed - Unlike some Mocs which come up so often they achieve a typical price, these ones don't, so that's really helpful to know - Gives me a good idea of what prices I should aim for as I want to avoid paying over the odds if at all poss!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom