Header image

palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4874
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: North Wales

palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby poncho » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:25 pm

was talking too a carbooter today and he claimed he bought palitoy chewbacca for £3200 the final piece for his 77 back run. he doesnt do online stuff or social media collecting groups....

blackhole collector

or bullshitter

i asked him if his mocs were palitoy or kenner. he claimed there all palitoy. ive got all of them he said. i said i had some trilogo mocs he didnt even ask questions about what i had at all he didnt seemed interested....shame i like collector banter

User avatar
StarWarsFan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2366
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby StarWarsFan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Talking rubbish by the sound of things, a couple of years ago a guy who is know for talking crap claimed he picked up a Yak Face that morning for 20p took me to his car to prove it. But also claimed he had just sold one on ebay for £80 told him for a YF thats low. After I got home curiosity got the better of me. I check ebay sold listings nearest first to me and surprise, surprise the nearest ones was the one I sold and the graded one a mate of mine had sold next nearest one was mines away. He also claimed that the content of the old Sooty museum in Leeds was in his loft, must be a bloody big loft. Remember going there as a kid and it was massive.

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1737
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby Mini99 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:54 pm

StarWarsFan wrote:Talking rubbish by the sound of things, a couple of years ago a guy who is know for talking crap claimed he picked up a Yak Face that morning for 20p took me to his car to prove it.

This is not recommended kids, stay safe, don’t go with strangers no matter what they promise to show you! :roll: :wink: :shock:
:lol:

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2505
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby subzero » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:07 pm

poncho wrote:ive got all of them he said. i said i had some trilogo mocs he didnt even ask questions about what i had at all he didnt seemed interested....shame i like collector banter


Usually with bullshitters like that who don't stop waffling about what they have ( or things they did ) are only doing it to make themselves look good, they aren't interested in what you have to say about what you have, they're only interested in themselves.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:51 pm

subzero wrote:
poncho wrote:ive got all of them he said. i said i had some trilogo mocs he didnt even ask questions about what i had at all he didnt seemed interested....shame i like collector banter


Usually with bullshitters like that who don't stop waffling about what they have ( or things they did ) are only doing it to make themselves look good, they aren't interested in what you have to say about what you have, they're only interested in themselves.

That's a very good point. Some people seem to have a need to draw attention to themselves by talking utter crap. Their lies are often so outlandish that they're unbelievable from the get go, but more importantly, once they gain a reputation for talking garbage they lose all credibility and very quickly no-one believes a single word they say, even when they're telling the truth.

When I was a kid, a school friend was very fond of making up stories to make himself look good / draw attention to himself. The problem was he wasn't very good at it, and he would often tell a mutual friend of ours made-up stories that involved me (e.g. we both went to London and dressed up in Stormtrooper and Han Solo outfits!), which meant the subterfuge was completely successful... right up until the mutual friend asked me about it, at which point my amazed indignant denial of the story exposed it for the bullshit that it was :roll:

ChallengerFox
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:54 am

Re: palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby ChallengerFox » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:55 pm

How much do they usually go for then ?

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2505
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby subzero » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:35 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
subzero wrote:
poncho wrote:ive got all of them he said. i said i had some trilogo mocs he didnt even ask questions about what i had at all he didnt seemed interested....shame i like collector banter


Usually with bullshitters like that who don't stop waffling about what they have ( or things they did ) are only doing it to make themselves look good, they aren't interested in what you have to say about what you have, they're only interested in themselves.

That's a very good point. Some people seem to have a need to draw attention to themselves by talking utter crap. Their lies are often so outlandish that they're unbelievable from the get go, but more importantly, once they gain a reputation for talking garbage they lose all credibility and very quickly no-one believes a single word they say, even when they're telling the truth.

When I was a kid, a school friend was very fond of making up stories to make himself look good / draw attention to himself. The problem was he wasn't very good at it, and he would often tell a mutual friend of ours made-up stories that involved me (e.g. we both went to London and dressed up in Stormtrooper and Han Solo outfits!), which meant the subterfuge was completely successful... right up until the mutual friend asked me about it, at which point my amazed indignant denial of the story exposed it for the bullshit that it was :roll:


Iv'e known / come across quite a few people like that and they're the worst, iv'e met a few in different workplaces over the years, they're the types who waffle non-stop about themselves but when you try to tell them about yourself they talk over you and start talking about themselves again and don't acknowledge a word you've said lol. My best mate who I grew up with since about 5 years old was a serious pathological liar, I didn't realise just how bad until I was old and wise enough at around 20 / 21 years old, when we were kids I knew he used to lie about a lot of stuff but it didn't matter as much because we were just kids, but when you become an adult it's fucking dangerous, liars can get you in some serious trouble. His lies got so bad it started personally involving me, members of my family and others close to me, and I didn't believe a single word that came out of his mouth and one day I practically told him to fuck off and haven't seen him since.

Avoid liars like the plague.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:42 pm

subzero wrote:Iv'e known / come across quite a few people like that and they're the worst, iv'e met a few in different workplaces over the years, they're the types who waffle non-stop about themselves but when you try to tell them about yourself they talk over you and start talking about themselves again and don't acknowledge a word you've said lol. My best mate who I grew up with since about 5 years old was a serious pathological liar, I didn't realise just how bad until I was old and wise enough at around 20 / 21 years old, when we were kids I knew he used to lie about a lot of stuff but it didn't matter as much because we were just kids, but when you become an adult it's fucking dangerous, liars can get you in some serious trouble. His lies got so bad it started personally involving me, members of my family and others close to me, and I didn't believe a single word that came out of his mouth and one day I practically told him to fuck off and haven't seen him since.

Avoid liars like the plague.

Sorry to hear about your friend! It's very sad to say, but it sounds like you're better off without him.

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2505
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby subzero » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
subzero wrote:Iv'e known / come across quite a few people like that and they're the worst, iv'e met a few in different workplaces over the years, they're the types who waffle non-stop about themselves but when you try to tell them about yourself they talk over you and start talking about themselves again and don't acknowledge a word you've said lol. My best mate who I grew up with since about 5 years old was a serious pathological liar, I didn't realise just how bad until I was old and wise enough at around 20 / 21 years old, when we were kids I knew he used to lie about a lot of stuff but it didn't matter as much because we were just kids, but when you become an adult it's fucking dangerous, liars can get you in some serious trouble. His lies got so bad it started personally involving me, members of my family and others close to me, and I didn't believe a single word that came out of his mouth and one day I practically told him to fuck off and haven't seen him since.

Avoid liars like the plague.

Sorry to hear about your friend! It's very sad to say, but it sounds like you're better off without him.


Thanks, we're all better off without two faced liars. :)

When someone acts that way though you don't hesitate to get rid of them, it made me happy. :lol:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2863
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Re: palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:59 pm

subzero wrote:
poncho wrote:ive got all of them he said. i said i had some trilogo mocs he didnt even ask questions about what i had at all he didnt seemed interested....shame i like collector banter


Usually with bullshitters like that who don't stop waffling about what they have ( or things they did ) are only doing it to make themselves look good, they aren't interested in what you have to say about what you have, they're only interested in themselves.


Nail on the head.

Chris, if he'd been waffling that shite in my direction I'd have asked if he had all the Palitoy 77 backs :lol: The thing is, even when you catch them in their own lies more shit comes out of them to try and cover it. Surprised you could see him after all that spouting, must have looked like a manure heap behind his stall.

There's a billy bullshit dealer who doesn't know his arse from his elbow down this way. He's been doing the carboot for years. I've avoided him for about 18 months because I was sick to death of the crap he peddled. Almost everytime you walked up it was "Oh, you should have come yesterday, I had some of those last 17 you would have liked". Really. Yesterday. When the carboot wasn't even on.

Anyway, last Saturday I spied a couple of vintage SW pencils I liked so braved the stall. Sadly I was beaten to the punch by a very nice chap who I had a good chat with. Unfortunately, billy bullshit interrupted us (actually, he told the other bloke to shut up so we could listen to what he had to say, I poo you not). And for putting up with this unbelievable behaviour we were treated to the following tripe:

"I used to get boxes of unopened carded figures in. Every case had a single yellow bubble. I asked the toy rep why that was and he told me it was deliberate so you could put it in the window and the sun wouldn't damage the figure."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After I pointed out, non-too politely, that that was possibly the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard and that (being slightly charitable) he'd been spun a yarn by the rep, he defended his theory. He told me that he went up to "one of those big toy shows at the NEC" and asked aaaaaall the toy dealers there whether it was true and they said it was. I laughed and told him in all my time collecting various toys I'd never ever heard such a ludicrous theory. His response was "well, you've heard it now".

Total and utter fucking twat. Sorry, I have zero time for such oxygen thieves. They make me angry. They're a waste of organs.

Heith
Regular
Regular
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:03 pm

Re: palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby Heith » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:50 pm

The ones on Facebook do me in, look what I found at a car boot/ charity shop/ insert other, a carded luke 12 back for 10p etc, just fuck off with the bollocks :roll:
There’s honestly no need

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2505
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby subzero » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:35 am

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:
subzero wrote:
poncho wrote:ive got all of them he said. i said i had some trilogo mocs he didnt even ask questions about what i had at all he didnt seemed interested....shame i like collector banter


Usually with bullshitters like that who don't stop waffling about what they have ( or things they did ) are only doing it to make themselves look good, they aren't interested in what you have to say about what you have, they're only interested in themselves.


Nail on the head.

Chris, if he'd been waffling that shite in my direction I'd have asked if he had all the Palitoy 77 backs :lol: The thing is, even when you catch them in their own lies more shit comes out of them to try and cover it. Surprised you could see him after all that spouting, must have looked like a manure heap behind his stall.

There's a billy bullshit dealer who doesn't know his arse from his elbow down this way. He's been doing the carboot for years. I've avoided him for about 18 months because I was sick to death of the crap he peddled. Almost everytime you walked up it was "Oh, you should have come yesterday, I had some of those last 17 you would have liked". Really. Yesterday. When the carboot wasn't even on.

Anyway, last Saturday I spied a couple of vintage SW pencils I liked so braved the stall. Sadly I was beaten to the punch by a very nice chap who I had a good chat with. Unfortunately, billy bullshit interrupted us (actually, he told the other bloke to shut up so we could listen to what he had to say, I poo you not). And for putting up with this unbelievable behaviour we were treated to the following tripe:

"I used to get boxes of unopened carded figures in. Every case had a single yellow bubble. I asked the toy rep why that was and he told me it was deliberate so you could put it in the window and the sun wouldn't damage the figure."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After I pointed out, non-too politely, that that was possibly the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard and that (being slightly charitable) he'd been spun a yarn by the rep, he defended his theory. He told me that he went up to "one of those big toy shows at the NEC" and asked aaaaaall the toy dealers there whether it was true and they said it was. I laughed and told him in all my time collecting various toys I'd never ever heard such a ludicrous theory. His response was "well, you've heard it now".

Total and utter fucking twat. Sorry, I have zero time for such oxygen thieves. They make me angry. They're a waste of organs.


That made me laugh, there always one wherever you go, man this world is full of fucking morons. :lol:

One of my good school mates was like that too back in the day, if you said you had something or did something, then he'd turn around straight away and say he either had the same thing once or will say he had something better, you couldn't open your mouth without him talking like that. It got pretty tiring put it that way, when I was 18 the one day I had a skinhead done for something different, 2 or 3 days later he turned up at my house with a skinhead...... :shock: really dude?...really??, fuck off!! :lol:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
TK-7785
Regular
Regular
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby TK-7785 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:There's a billy bullshit dealer who doesn't know his arse from his elbow down this way. He's been doing the carboot for years. I've avoided him for about 18 months because I was sick to death of the crap he peddled. Almost everytime you walked up it was "Oh, you should have come yesterday, I had some of those last 17 you would have liked". Really. Yesterday. When the carboot wasn't even on.


I think I know the guy you mean, Simon. He does a few of the car boots in Surrey/Sussex. When I first ran into him he told me he was often getting in vinyl cape Jawas and would sell them at around £250 because he thought the ~£1000 price tag was just stupid. Weather you agree with the going rate or not, why would you sell so many at a quarter of that. :roll: Of course each time I saw him and asked if he had any desirable figures I was unluckily missing them by moments every time. :roll: Oh yeah, and he has several lock-ups stuffed to the brim with vintage Star Wars...apparently. :lol:

Chris
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies...
ROTJ Store Display Items

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2505
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: palitoy chewbacca for £3200 mmmm

Postby subzero » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:44 am

TK-7785 wrote:
ScruffyLookingNH wrote:There's a billy bullshit dealer who doesn't know his arse from his elbow down this way. He's been doing the carboot for years. I've avoided him for about 18 months because I was sick to death of the crap he peddled. Almost everytime you walked up it was "Oh, you should have come yesterday, I had some of those last 17 you would have liked". Really. Yesterday. When the carboot wasn't even on.


I think I know the guy you mean, Simon. He does a few of the car boots in Surrey/Sussex. When I first ran into him he told me he was often getting in vinyl cape Jawas and would sell them at around £250 because he thought the ~£1000 price tag was just stupid. Weather you agree with the going rate or not, why would you sell so many at a quarter of that. :roll: Of course each time I saw him and asked if he had any desirable figures I was unluckily missing them by moments every time. :roll: Oh yeah, and he has several lock-ups stuffed to the brim with vintage Star Wars...apparently. :lol:

Chris


bullshit.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Pabs1977 and 12 guests