Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 23, 2018, Part 1/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 23, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Mini99 wrote:Thanks Lars, this one I can contribute to.
My POTF carded Lumat.

Another lovely Lumat MOC! Thanks for sharing :-)

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:22 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
My POTF carded Lumat.

I am glad to see you can contribute to this thread :D Thanks for sharing the picture, cool moc that you have 8) Do you have a potf moc focus ? :D

Yes I do Lars, is it that obvious!
To get the last 17, preferably on POTF cards was my goal when I got back into collecting again after 15 years out of it.
I have 15 of the last 17 on POTF cards except for Anakin and Yak if course, as I don’t expect to ever own those on POTF cards!
I have a Tri Logo Anakin and a great condition loose Yak that I am more than happy with.

Thanks Jeremy.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:17 am

Mini99 wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
My POTF carded Lumat.

I am glad to see you can contribute to this thread :D Thanks for sharing the picture, cool moc that you have 8) Do you have a potf moc focus ? :D

Yes I do Lars, is it that obvious!
To get the last 17, preferably on POTF cards was my goal when I got back into collecting again after 15 years out of it.
I have 15 of the last 17 on POTF cards except for Anakin and Yak if course, as I don’t expect to ever own those on POTF cards!
I have a Tri Logo Anakin and a great condition loose Yak that I am more than happy with.

Thanks Jeremy.

Nice, as I understand it yak was never sold on an potf cardback ? So are your goal to try to get a yak on a tri-logo and maybe if you are lucky to get anakin on a potf moc ? any idea why anakin is so fucking rare on potf moc when he is the cheapest on tri-logo ? :? :lol:

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:08 pm

Yak Face was available on a POTF card in Canada, which means the cards are bi-lingual (French and English), but otherwise look much the same as the US POTF cards.

Anakin was a mail-away figure in America, so perhaps Kenner didn't release him on a POTF card immediately for that reason. Plus I imagine he was also not an especially popular character. It seems the production of the figure on a POTF cardback was probably a very small run, I guess for the preceding reasons. All of which makes him a very rare figure indeed to find today. He seems to be much, much harder to get than a Canadian POTF Yak Face, at any rate, and they're tough enough to get (and extremely expensive!).

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Snaketibe wrote:Yak Face was available on a POTF card in Canada, which means the cards are bi-lingual (French and English), but otherwise look much the same as the US POTF cards.

Anakin was a mail-away figure in America, so perhaps Kenner didn't release him on a POTF card immediately for that reason. Plus I imagine he was also not an especially popular character. It seems the production of the figure on a POTF cardback was probably a very small run, I guess for the preceding reasons. All of which makes him a very rare figure indeed to find today. He seems to be much, much harder to get than a Canadian POTF Yak Face, at any rate, and they're tough enough to get (and extremely expensive!).

Thanks for answering that one, I was just about to respond. :P
I thought that the POTF Yak was also available in Australia, didn’t they get Canadian over stock?
I think that your reasoning for Anakin being rare as it was an early mail away, so would have been a later release in the line, is a very plausible.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:56 pm

Snaketibe wrote:Yak Face was available on a POTF card in Canada, which means the cards are bi-lingual (French and English), but otherwise look much the same as the US POTF cards.

thanks for the info :D

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:34 am

I did not know that there is a Canadian potf cardback variant :shock: is it only yak face or are there canadian potf cardbacks for all last 17 figures ? :?

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Mini99 wrote:

Thanks for answering that one, I was just about to respond. :P
I thought that the POTF Yak was also available in Australia, didn’t they get Canadian over stock?
I think that your reasoning for Anakin being rare as it was an early mail away, so would have been a later release in the line, is a very plausible.

Yes you're quite correct, the Canadian POTF Yak Face was indeed also available in Australia, and also apparently in parts of Asia, I believe, although I've no idea to what extent.

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:

I did not know that there is a Canadian potf cardback variant :shock: is it only yak face or are there canadian potf cardbacks for all last 17 figures ? :?

Good question. I didn't know the answer, so I did a little digging and according to http://www.kennercanada.com/ Yak Face was the only POTF figure released in Canadian packaging. So presumably Canada did get the other POTF figures, but in the regular US packaging.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

Good question. I didn't know the answer, so I did a little digging and according to http://www.kennercanada.com/ Yak Face was the only POTF figure released in Canadian packaging. So presumably Canada did get the other POTF figures, but in the regular US packaging.

Thanks for the great info, looks like I always learn something new on this forum :D

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

Thanks for the great info, looks like I always learn something new on this forum :D

You're welcome. And also, since you were not familiar with it, I meant to post a pic of a POTF Yak, so here it is (sadly this one is not mine!):

Yakkety - 01.jpg
Yakkety - 01.jpg (95.56 KiB) Viewed 12 times

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:05 pm

I suspect that when you do a post for POTF Yak that will be a very quiet thread!

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Good question. I didn't know the answer, so I did a little digging and according to http://www.kennercanada.com/ Yak Face was the only POTF figure released in Canadian packaging. So presumably Canada did get the other POTF figures, but in the regular US packaging.

You're welcome. And also, since you were not familiar with it, I meant to post a pic of a POTF Yak, so here it is (sadly this one is not mine!):

Yakkety - 01.jpg

thanks mate for the picture :D sorry that it is not yours :(

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:08 pm

Mini99 wrote:I suspect that when you do a post for POTF Yak that will be a very quiet thread!

Maybe I guess maybe many have a loose yak, but not many have him moc :? but then again some of the old threads have also been very quiet and is still missing their first picture. I will try to make some kind of bump in them so people do not forget the ones that need pictures :D

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”