Header image

VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Starwarsfan29
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:17 am

VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby Starwarsfan29 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:41 pm

Just a note that I have just been scammed on Gumtree for over a grand by someone pretending to see UKG graded Vinyl Jawa.
I stupidly got suckered in and sent money direct...... he sent me a empty box!

Anyway it turns out that this Jawa was sold on eBay in late March so he obviously used the pics and put on gumtree.

Just wanted to warn people and have attached the pic with the UKG serial number.

The guy used the name Kris Killeen, he is called Shane on Gumtree . Postcode suggests Stanley in North West England. I would like to track the Jawa know as it adds proof I was scammed.

Thanks in advance
2C174C05-20E4-468D-9B16-B5D195AA5A6F.jpeg
2C174C05-20E4-468D-9B16-B5D195AA5A6F.jpeg (95.52 KiB) Viewed 210 times
5E0C3661-EA9D-40CC-8377-84297536C978.jpeg
5E0C3661-EA9D-40CC-8377-84297536C978.jpeg (95.6 KiB) Viewed 210 times

User avatar
StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2660
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby StarWarsFan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:43 pm

Thanks for the warning, so sorry to hear that.

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2760
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby subzero » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:19 pm

Wow what a disgusting thing to do to someone, sorry to hear you had that happen to you.

Do you have any of his personal details?, ie real full name & address and/or bank details?
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Starwarsfan29
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:17 am

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby Starwarsfan29 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:43 pm

I have bank details which must be correct but just a postcode and name which could be fake.

I have reported to the Police but I’m not holding my breath.

User avatar
Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:58 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby Ruby2511 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 pm

What a tosser :evil:

Sorry to hear you got scammed.
Russ
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

User avatar
Section 8
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:17 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby Section 8 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Ring your bank and see if they can reverse / freeze payment. Sure they can do this if it was paid by card, despite it going through. They may also be able to reveal more details about where your money went. IE a real name.

Also where is Stanley?? What's the postcode??

There is only one Kris Killeen registered born in the whole country. Born Kris Winter Killeen 1982 Newcastle upon Tyne.
"Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding."

Starwarsfan29
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:17 am

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby Starwarsfan29 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:35 pm

OMG I think that’s him, his initial is W.

Stanley is near Newcastle also

Starwarsfan29
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:17 am

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby Starwarsfan29 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:37 pm

Stupidly I paid by bank transfer so bank won’t do anything. Would love to find his address.

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2760
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby subzero » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:35 am

Starwarsfan29 wrote:Stupidly I paid by bank transfer so bank won’t do anything. Would love to find his address.


Just found this for you, it shows the steps you need to take if scammed by bank transfer, there's a chance you can get your money back.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... ter-a-scam

Good luck, hope you get it sorted.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10078
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:53 am

sorry to read you got scammed, I hope you get your money back.

I got scammed in denmark in early 2017 with bank transfer. The bank could not help me because it was a bank transfer. I contacted the police and I won the case in the courtroom. Unfortunately he did not have any money so I had to wait 6 months until I could ask for my money again :roll: after 6 months I asked the court for my money again and they tried to get the money from him, but he did still not have any money, so he got 6 months again to try to get my money :roll: Next week I can ask again for my money, something tells me that he still do not have any money :roll: I do not understand danish law, he must have something they can take from him and sell so I can get my money back. I hope not that uk law is as bad as danish law :roll:

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:41 am

Man that sucks. What a c**t (and I don’t normally swear)

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2760
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby subzero » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:52 am

Pomse2001 wrote:sorry to read you got scammed, I hope you get your money back.

I got scammed in denmark in early 2017 with bank transfer. The bank could not help me because it was a bank transfer. I contacted the police and I won the case in the courtroom. Unfortunately he did not have any money so I had to wait 6 months until I could ask for my money again :roll: after 6 months I asked the court for my money again and they tried to get the money from him, but he did still not have any money, so he got 6 months again to try to get my money :roll: Next week I can ask again for my money, something tells me that he still do not have any money :roll: I do not understand danish law, he must have something they can take from him and sell so I can get my money back. I hope not that uk law is as bad as danish law :roll:


That's terrible that you've gone through all that process and won, but still don't have a payout, it seems maybe as if he knows they're repeatedly letting him off for apparently not having the money so he's playing the system and just keeps telling them he can't pay.

In the UK usually if you win in court but the defendant fails to pay up, then you can take it further and instruct bailiffs to go and collect the debt direct through seizing goods they own and selling them at auction to fund the money they owe you.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10078
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:39 am

subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:sorry to read you got scammed, I hope you get your money back.

I got scammed in denmark in early 2017 with bank transfer. The bank could not help me because it was a bank transfer. I contacted the police and I won the case in the courtroom. Unfortunately he did not have any money so I had to wait 6 months until I could ask for my money again :roll: after 6 months I asked the court for my money again and they tried to get the money from him, but he did still not have any money, so he got 6 months again to try to get my money :roll: Next week I can ask again for my money, something tells me that he still do not have any money :roll: I do not understand danish law, he must have something they can take from him and sell so I can get my money back. I hope not that uk law is as bad as danish law :roll:


That's terrible that you've gone through all that process and won, but still don't have a payout, it seems maybe as if he knows they're repeatedly letting him off for apparently not having the money so he's playing the system and just keeps telling them he can't pay.

In the UK usually if you win in court but the defendant fails to pay up, then you can take it further and instruct bailiffs to go and collect the debt direct through seizing goods they own and selling them at auction to fund the money they owe you.


Thanks, it is the bailiffs that they send out to try get my money back, but so far I have waited 1½ year to get my money back. I was also not the only one that was cheated. I heard from the police they knew him and he has been i jail many times for this. He steal pictures of everything on the internet, tv, dvd's, toy, furniture and then he put it all for sale, but he has nothing of it and then he steals the money when people pay him so he can mail it to them. When people ask about picking it up then he just say that the items are sold because then he can't steal the money :roll: When he do not have the money then he can with his lawyer ask for suspension of payment in 6 months :roll:

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2760
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby subzero » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:29 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:sorry to read you got scammed, I hope you get your money back.

I got scammed in denmark in early 2017 with bank transfer. The bank could not help me because it was a bank transfer. I contacted the police and I won the case in the courtroom. Unfortunately he did not have any money so I had to wait 6 months until I could ask for my money again :roll: after 6 months I asked the court for my money again and they tried to get the money from him, but he did still not have any money, so he got 6 months again to try to get my money :roll: Next week I can ask again for my money, something tells me that he still do not have any money :roll: I do not understand danish law, he must have something they can take from him and sell so I can get my money back. I hope not that uk law is as bad as danish law :roll:


That's terrible that you've gone through all that process and won, but still don't have a payout, it seems maybe as if he knows they're repeatedly letting him off for apparently not having the money so he's playing the system and just keeps telling them he can't pay.

In the UK usually if you win in court but the defendant fails to pay up, then you can take it further and instruct bailiffs to go and collect the debt direct through seizing goods they own and selling them at auction to fund the money they owe you.


Thanks, it is the bailiffs that they send out to try get my money back, but so far I have waited 1½ year to get my money back. I was also not the only one that was cheated. I heard from the police they knew him and he has been i jail many times for this. He steal pictures of everything on the internet, tv, dvd's, toy, furniture and then he put it all for sale, but he has nothing of it and then he steals the money when people pay him so he can mail it to them. When people ask about picking it up then he just say that the items are sold because then he can't steal the money :roll: When he do not have the money then he can with his lawyer ask for suspension of payment in 6 months :roll:


That's terrible, sorry you got scammed, it sounds to me like he needs a good 15 years in prison to hopefully teach him a lesson, some people just don't learn.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10078
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 pm

subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote:
That's terrible that you've gone through all that process and won, but still don't have a payout, it seems maybe as if he knows they're repeatedly letting him off for apparently not having the money so he's playing the system and just keeps telling them he can't pay.

In the UK usually if you win in court but the defendant fails to pay up, then you can take it further and instruct bailiffs to go and collect the debt direct through seizing goods they own and selling them at auction to fund the money they owe you.


Thanks, it is the bailiffs that they send out to try get my money back, but so far I have waited 1½ year to get my money back. I was also not the only one that was cheated. I heard from the police they knew him and he has been i jail many times for this. He steal pictures of everything on the internet, tv, dvd's, toy, furniture and then he put it all for sale, but he has nothing of it and then he steals the money when people pay him so he can mail it to them. When people ask about picking it up then he just say that the items are sold because then he can't steal the money :roll: When he do not have the money then he can with his lawyer ask for suspension of payment in 6 months :roll:


That's terrible, sorry you got scammed, it sounds to me like he needs a good 15 years in prison to hopefully teach him a lesson, some people just don't learn.


I agree, it was the only star wars he had for sale and the pictures looked good so I thought it was a childhood lot :roll: Lucky me it was only in UK money £200 and not over £1000 like Starwarsfan29 :(


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests

cron