Header image

Stormy in the wild

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Stormy in the wild

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:30 pm

subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Michael Sith wrote:Yes won't be going to the Dark side of variant collecting...swearing again Lars :o

Sorry michael about the swearing, it must be the dark side :lol: I am sure sooner or later you will come over to dark side my friend and I will wait for you :wink: :lol:

This is not going to go the way you think. :lol:

:lol:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:37 pm

Oracle wrote:What a great gift and very nice condition - lucky man!

Have you had any luck cleaning the red from the legs? Any idea what it is?
I have a Trilogo stormtrooper that has a similar red discoloration on its legs - I thought it happened in storage with colour transfer from my snaggletooth, but I can't be sure.
Am interested if you have any luck in cleaning it - wet wipes/water has not worked for me.

I also have found a few with red and other colors, I think it is Tusch. Sometimes they can be removed with alcohol or turpentine I have also used a gasoline product but I do not know the english word for it :?

Oracle
Regular
Regular

Postby Oracle » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:42 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:

I have a Trilogo stormtrooper that has a similar red discoloration on its legs - I thought it happened in storage with colour transfer from my snaggletooth, but I can't be sure.
Am interested if you have any luck in cleaning it - wet wipes/water has not worked for me.

I also have found a few with red and other colors, I think it is Tusch. Sometimes they can be removed with alcohol or turpentine I have also used a gasoline product but I do not know the english word for it :?

What is Tusch?

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Haven't had a go at it as yet, but There are a number of options that have been discussed on here over time, I'm sure there was a thread, which I can't find, that advised acne cream, I know t sounds odd, but it's down to the chemical in the cream, but you always have to be careful with chemicals.
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Twin30mm
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Twin30mm » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 am

Michael Sith wrote:Haven't had a go at it as yet, but There are a number of options that have been discussed on here over time, I'm sure there was a thread, which I can't find, that advised acne cream, I know t sounds odd, but it's down to the chemical in the cream, but you always have to be careful with chemicals.

OXY-10 zit cream is used in the vintage Action Man community to remove staining from AM heads, with some success.
May be worth a go in this instance.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:20 pm

Oracle wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

What is Tusch?

sorry, I thought the danish and english word was the same :lol: Now I do not know the english word :lol:

Here is a picture of them, maybe you can see what I mean :D

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:37 pm

Felt tip pens Lars :D

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:35 pm

Michael Sith wrote:Felt tip pens Lars :D

thanks michael, I was surprised that I first heard from you now, since you also speak danish :lol:

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Jeg kan dog ikke sværge på dansk :D

Oracle
Regular
Regular

Postby Oracle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:59 am

Twin30mm wrote:
Michael Sith wrote:Haven't had a go at it as yet, but There are a number of options that have been discussed on here over time, I'm sure there was a thread, which I can't find, that advised acne cream, I know t sounds odd, but it's down to the chemical in the cream, but you always have to be careful with chemicals.

OXY-10 zit cream is used in the vintage Action Man community to remove staining from AM heads, with some success.
May be worth a go in this instance.

Good tip, thank you. It's a long time since I had any zit cream in the house. Active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide which is described as having bleaching properties. I'll let you know how I get on.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Michael Sith wrote:Jeg kan dog ikke sværge på dansk :D

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”