Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 24, 2018, Part 2/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 24, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:27 am

Snaketibe wrote:Agreed, that's a terrific collection, Lars! Thanks for sharing, and thanks too for the side-by-side photo of the canes. I don't think I have the lighter one, so I'll have to keep an eye out for one :-)

Thanks for your very kind words as always :D I can check some of my cases, maybe I have a emperor with such a cane that I have not had time to put up for sale :?

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:58 am

spoons wrote:Bit of a focus going on there Lars!

8)

thanks andy, yes it is a bit of a focus I have and it takes a lot of space :D

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:00 am

theforceuk wrote:Some great card backs you have Lars, lovely little focus. 8)

thanks mate for the kind words, I am glad that you like it :wink:

bosk70
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby bosk70 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:17 am

What a lovely collection of emperor's, under rated figure in my opinion, never was much interested in this figure as a child , I suppose as a kid you tended to go for the action figures mostly when playing, the back to front two left legs emperor made me laugh real comedy value :lol: , love finding these factory error figs :) I'm always surprised by how many mail away figs survive intact as I got loads as a kid in the post and they were ripped open straight away and bags and boxes in the bin, must have had about 3 nien nunbs and ackbars / survival packs, never thought as a 12 year old to keep some seal up :lol:
Vintage Star Wars helping me stay sane since 1977

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:34 am

bosk70 wrote:What a lovely collection of emperor's, under rated figure in my opinion, never was much interested in this figure as a child , I suppose as a kid you tended to go for the action figures mostly when playing, the back to front two left legs emperor made me laugh real comedy value :lol: , love finding these factory error figs :) I'm always surprised by how many mail away figs survive intact as I got loads as a kid in the post and they were ripped open straight away and bags and boxes in the bin, must have had about 3 nien nunbs and ackbars / survival packs, never thought as a 12 year old to keep some seal up :lol:

I totally agree the emperor is under rated :wink: I remember when I was a kid in the 80s. That I had 2 and I played a lot with them. I have another factory error emperor with crooked head, I also found that one in a childhood lot. I think most kids never thought about not opening a sealed toy.

01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:36 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Agreed, that's a terrific collection, Lars! Thanks for sharing, and thanks too for the side-by-side photo of the canes. I don't think I have the lighter one, so I'll have to keep an eye out for one :-)

Thanks for your very kind words as always :D I can check some of my cases, maybe I have a emperor with such a cane that I have not had time to put up for sale :?

I think I spoke too soon! I've just checked my box of spares and I think I've found a lighter cane. Thank you for letting me know about it as I'd never noticed it before!:

These Sticks Were Made For Walking.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:36 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

I think I spoke too soon! I've just checked my box of spares and I think I've found a lighter cane. Thank you for letting me know about it as I'd never noticed it before!:

Your welcome, let me know if you learn about any other details on the canes. I have tried to look at them so see if the mould is different. But to me it looks like it is only the colour. To me it looks a little bit like the stormtrooper blasters black and blue/black.

Black and blue/black cane, what do you think ? :?

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:19 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

Your welcome, let me know if you learn about any other details on the canes. I have tried to look at them so see if the mould is different. But to me it looks like it is only the colour. To me it looks a little bit like the stormtrooper blasters black and blue/black.

I agree that both of mine seem to be the same sculpt / mould, and one is definitely a darker black than the other, but maybe it's just my eyes, but both look black to me when I hold mine up to the light. Of course, it's perfectly possible there may be more than two cane colours! There may be a blue/black coloured one and I simply don't have that one.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:43 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:I think I spoke too soon! I've just checked my box of spares and I think I've found a lighter cane. Thank you for letting me know about it as I'd never noticed it before!:

I agree that both of mine seem to be the same sculpt / mould, and one is definitely a darker black than the other, but maybe it's just my eyes, but both look black to me when I hold mine up to the light. Of course, it's perfectly possible there may be more than two cane colours! There may be a blue/black coloured one and I simply don't have that one.

Maybe it is the same we talk about and it just looks blue/black to me :lol: I can try to make some better pictures of the canes I have and take some pictures of them all compared to each other :D

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”