THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 49 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
bullock-fb.jpg

The Vintage Rebellion celebrates their four year anniversary by giving our listeners a six hour delight.

Stuart and Simon are joined by 12 inch collecting legend Lee Bullock, where he discusses his early memories, trading in the current climate and of course his expertise in Star Wars dollies.

Rebel Briefing sees Rich look at our hopes for Vintage Star Wars at Celebration before delving into an old discussion on 20/21 backs and more.
In this months NA the lads review some more awesome purchases from across Facebook and the forums. They even take a look into the future, from the past. The section is completed with an in depth look at the Darth Vader Carry Case with a little help from Chris G. Who had ever heard of a Red Darth Vader Carry Case??

The Market section becomes fully operational with the Death Star eBay find. Plus Simon scurries around the UK auction action and visits Steve Taylor at Toy Planet to hear about a 90s dealer stock that time forgot.

Pete takes us beyond the NA as he looks at some strange Darth Vader items as well as bringing us a top fiver related to the heavy breathing Dark Lord. And of course he brings us Gimcrack of the month as once again Jez doesn't fully understand the concept.

And what better way to celebrate four years of this show than to have Episode 11 guest Bruce White return to catch up during What's New PussyCat.

All this plus the usual quiz, Celebration update, and many moments of abusing the weaker members of the cast (Richard, Jez and Simon).

Enjoy the show!!!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Given the discussion on sticker removal, this sad set of images on Instagram jumped to mind...
I really don't think this guy realises that the anakin offer is integral to the cardback designation btw. Gone now and lost forever:

E8BD7FB3-5AC9-4D94-9542-F33A9A215810.jpeg

025229F4-DE3C-4421-9B3C-81DA3D8A2D68.jpeg

01DF5385-4C2B-4A5D-B145-0E1CE57BFB21.jpeg

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks guys for another great listen.

I'm partial to a bit of the 12 inch range. Thankfully I'm happy with them loose because the boxing is terribly complicated. Interesting stuff.

And Paploo's over-representation: Kenny Baker's Ewok ( as we call Paploo ) was, as we all know, intended to be Wicket until Baker fell ill and Warwick Davies and his appointed costume got a last-minute promotion. I wonder if some promotional art designs were given to licensees without this knowledge.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Thanks again guys for the effort and content.

On this occasion, away from home, it really means a lot to listen to Star Wars "stuff" when I wont be able to have my usual buying fix.

Still not finished listening as trying to stretch and spread out the episode for as long as I can. Please get the next one out ASAP! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jez

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Jez is that the Vader you owned at one time? This is possibly the one I mentioned on the last show
No Rich, I don't think so.
The one I had didn't have those price stickers and it was a bit more of a beater. It was the SWFUK Vader as I think it changed hands on at least 5 occasions.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Stuarts talk with Bruce...."love watching videos and looking at his little ferret" :eek: :D :lol:

Seriously though good chat...

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just finished it, another really good show. I enjoyed Lee's 12 inch discussion as it's a line I know nothing about, reminded me that I need to keep an eye out for a 12" Ledy R2. Am also keen to go and check out Toy Planet after Si's visit.

spoons

Grand Master
I really enjoyed Lee's section too and learnt loads. I had no idea that the licenses were so complicated across the globe as well as the UK

A really good show overall and a good balance of features.

My only criticism is that the gim crack and now worst product section are quite obscure and I could really do with seeing photos of the things up front, rather than drip fed onto instagram and Facebook. How about some key pics with the new podcast announcement posts? You could add a 'listen in for more info' disclaimer to avoid giving everything away.

Saying that Jez's floater made me laugh but I really didnt want to visualise it :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
spoons said:
My only criticism is that the gim crack and now worst product section are quite obscure and I could really do with seeing photos of the things up front, rather than drip fed onto instagram and Facebook. How about some key pics with the new podcast announcement posts? You could add a 'listen in for more info' disclaimer to avoid giving everything away.

Yes I know what you mean, it is a shame when they're talking about something you aren't familiar with and want to see but aren't by a computer/have no reception etc. But I guess that's a problem all podcasts suffer to a degree. When are you going to make it a 5 hour video every month :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great podcast as ever guys and I for one can tell how much work you all put into these shows each month and it's more than appreciated.

Loved Lee's 12" talk this month but even though I know there's a problem with some of the plastic parts on these figures melting I still need to display them complete. I have the IG88 and have talced all the bombs and strap as well as the weapon handles to display him in all his glory so I'm hopeful that everything holds up over time. It seems a shame to collect these things and then never have an opportunity to put them all together.

Keep up the great work lads and looking forward to your 50th already :D

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I thought Lee's interview was very interesting, so much so I signed up to the FB group, even though I didn't have any in my collection!
This months podcast flew past, only seems to last a few hours, any chance of making them a bit longer? :wink:
I know what the guys above are saying and been meaning to ask the following question before now, why do you not have pictures that change on say your phones screen, like the "Chive cast" does, as the pod cast plays.
Having the pictures on your FB feed helps, but it's a bit "after the event" to have them on your screen"live" is so much more involving.
Not a criticism guys, just a question. :wink:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Richard_H said:
We've thought about it but it's a lot of work for the 5 or so people who've asked for it. You never know though.
Thanks for the lightning reply Rich.
I just wondered why, didn't think about the extra work load, as most of us this side of the podcast wouldn't!
So with your response in mind, you won't be making them any longer any time soon... :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I agree with Rich, the recording and editing process takes many many hours each month, we work on show for around three weeks each month and then have a week off before starting again. To add photos that run alongside a 5/6 hour show would add an awful lot of work and time and not sure any of us can commit to that amount of extra time each month.

However, the comments about seeing the item before the show is usually aimed at the gimcrack items, so in future (as of episode 50) I will put the pictures of the items selected directly under the main post in this thread when I put it up.

Thank you all for the feedback, we really do appreciate the comments, inspires us to keep on going.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Only just made it through the Rebel Briefings section but thought that was really interesting and informative. The Star Wars pontoon section made me want to revisit my original post and read much more into it. As I've just started an offerless 20/21 Back run it was very insightful. I might go onto Ross Barr's 12 / 21 Back group on FB and see if they have any more info. All I know is I won't be owning an offerless 2nd wave 20b debut release anytime soon :lol:

And the price sticker section was also really interesting too. A couple of my recent offerless 21 Back purchases have had the stickers removed but have left more residue than my Tusken Raider. I normally like stickers - one of my favourite pieces is my Wampa with BHS sticker as my mum worked there when I was a nipper and would have purchased some of my Star Wars toys from there, but I am tempted to try and clean the remaining residue away. It was interesting to read some of the threads and see what kind of damage (invisible or not) you can do to the MOCs as well as losing forever the historical cataloguing of each item.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Stuart Skinner said:
However, the comments about seeing the item before the show is usually aimed at the gimcrack items, so in future (as of episode 50) I will put the pictures of the items selected directly under the main post in this thread when I put it up.
Great idea, good compromise.
The hard work does show through and really is appreciated!

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I have to say how much I love The Star Wars Tracker Tøp 5. The combination between Yellow Pearl and Pete's dulcet tones are quite simply marvellous!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom