Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 25, 2018, Part 2/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 25, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:Sometimes I do not know where my brain are :oops: I totally forgot to share pictures of my Glasslite Tie fighter in this thread :roll:

I do not remember how long I have had it but I am sure about that I bought it from a guy in brazil between 2001 and 2005. I learned about this glasslite vehicle in the early 00 and then I said to myself, now I must have such a cool Tie Fighter, I really love the metallic grey color on this Tie Fighter. I do not know if the sticker in the cockpit is glasslite put there from the factory or just from the last owner :? There is no instruction with that sticker and no empty sheet for the sticker :? Also no. 1 is missing on the instruction and on the full sticker sheet :?

That's fabulous, Lars! You don't see many Glasslite items generally, so it's great to see one in the Toy of the Week threads :-)

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7919
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 25, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby spoons » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:52 pm

That’s a bit special Lars!
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2372
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 25, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Mini99 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 pm

Ditto Lars, nice to see Glasslite items.
And in great condition, nice.

User avatar
Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 822
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 25, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:05 pm

Lars that Glasslight Tie is fabulous. Thanks so much for posting it. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10509
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 25, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:27 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:Sometimes I do not know where my brain are :oops: I totally forgot to share pictures of my Glasslite Tie fighter in this thread :roll:

I do not remember how long I have had it but I am sure about that I bought it from a guy in brazil between 2001 and 2005. I learned about this glasslite vehicle in the early 00 and then I said to myself, now I must have such a cool Tie Fighter, I really love the metallic grey color on this Tie Fighter. I do not know if the sticker in the cockpit is glasslite put there from the factory or just from the last owner :? There is no instruction with that sticker and no empty sheet for the sticker :? Also no. 1 is missing on the instruction and on the full sticker sheet :?

That's fabulous, Lars! You don't see many Glasslite items generally, so it's great to see one in the Toy of the Week threads :-)


Thanks for the very kind words as always :D I agree, we do not see many glasslite items generally.

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10509
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 25, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:34 am

spoons wrote:That’s a bit special Lars!


Thanks andy for the kind words as always :wink: I have just checked ebay and found a Tie that is mint in box with the same sticker in the cockpit. I am beginning to think that the sticker was put in the cockpit from the factory. I am not sure, but I think it is the only vehicle I know where the factory could have added a sticker on a vehicle :shock: https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/232817568805 ... 675.l10137

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10509
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 25, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:36 am

Mini99 wrote:Ditto Lars, nice to see Glasslite items.
And in great condition, nice.


Yes it is in great condition :D thanks for the kind words, I am happy that you like the pictures :wink:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10509
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 25, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:37 am

Clarkspie&chips wrote:Lars that Glasslight Tie is fabulous. Thanks so much for posting it. :mrgreen:


Your Welcome, I am very happy that you like the pictures. Thanks for the kind words :wink:


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests