Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 28, 2018, Part 1/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 28, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:19 am

Here are my collection

1. Han Solo Tri-logo moc

01.jpg

2. my loose Han Solo with a Tri-logo cardback with a danish price sticker on the cardback.

02.jpg

3. My Han Solo Carbonite Silver Coin.

03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:20 am

Mini99 wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Oh almost forgot, here’s my loose one and both different card backs.

cool loose cardbacks,are there different potf cardbacks ? or is the potf cardback the same as the moc that you have ?

Thanks Lars,
I believe that there is only the one POTF cardback, the MOC and the cardback that I have are the same anyway.

thanks for the info, I guess potf did not make different cardbacks :wink:

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:22 am

Love that Tri Logo Han, the way that it’s displayed on the card is so much nicer than the POTF.
I’ll get one one day to add to my Han in Carbonite run!

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:Here are my collection

1. Han Solo Tri-logo moc

01.jpg

2. my loose Han Solo with a Tri-logo cardback with a danish price sticker on the cardback.

02.jpg

03.jpg

Great collection, Lars! Nick's quite right, although I prefer POTF cardbacks to Tri-logo ones generally, there's no doubt that the Han in Carbonite figure is better displayed / presented on the TL cardback.

Thanks for sharing :-)

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:24 pm

Here’s my childhood Han Carbonite and card back. Cool figure to have has a kid so much playability. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Mini99 wrote:Love that Tri Logo Han, the way that it’s displayed on the card is so much nicer than the POTF.

thanks mate for the very kind words, I got it in a trade with collector in denmark. I gave him a Amanaman POTF moc for it. After thinking about it POTF was not me so I choose to trade my POTF moc away and one of them was my Amanaman for this Tri-logo solo :D

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Snaketibe wrote:

1. Han Solo Tri-logo moc

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Great collection, Lars! Nick's quite right, although I prefer POTF cardbacks to Tri-logo ones generally, there's no doubt that the Han in Carbonite figure is better displayed / presented on the TL cardback.

Thanks mate for the kind words as always :D The picture look bigger on the tri-logo is that why it looks better ?

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:02 pm

theforceuk wrote:Here’s my childhood Han Carbonite and card back. Cool figure to have has a kid so much playability. :)

Wow cool that you still have your childhood Han Solo Carbonite 8) it looks great 8)

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:

1. Han Solo Tri-logo moc

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Thanks mate for the kind words as always :D The picture look bigger on the tri-logo is that why it looks better ?

The picture is good as well, but no, I was meaning that on the Tri-logo card the figure is displayed on top of the carbonite block inside the bubble so you can actually see Han without opening it. With the POTF version the figure is beneath the carbonite inside the bubble so you can't see Han unless you break it open. I like to see the figures inside their bubbles, and the POTF Han in Carbonite is the only MOC where you can't do this.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:18 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Love that Tri Logo Han, the way that it’s displayed on the card is so much nicer than the POTF.

thanks mate for the very kind words, I got it in a trade with collector in denmark. I gave him a Amanaman POTF moc for it. After thinking about it POTF was not me so I choose to trade my POTF moc away and one of them was my Amanaman for this Tri-logo solo :D

That was a good trade, Tri Logo Hans are not easy to find in that condition.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Great collection, Lars! Nick's quite right, although I prefer POTF cardbacks to Tri-logo ones generally, there's no doubt that the Han in Carbonite figure is better displayed / presented on the TL cardback.

The picture is good as well, but no, I was meaning that on the Tri-logo card the figure is displayed on top of the carbonite block inside the bubble so you can actually see Han without opening it. With the POTF version the figure is beneath the carbonite inside the bubble so you can't see Han unless you break it open. I like to see the figures inside their bubbles, and the POTF Han in Carbonite is the only MOC where you can't do this.

Any idea why they packed him like that on the potf moc ? :?

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Mini99 wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

That was a good trade, Tri Logo Hans are not easy to find in that condition.

thanks mate, I also thought it was a good trade :D I do not know how hard they are to find today, but when he offered me his solo in a trade for the amanaman then I said yes :D

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

I don't know, but perhaps it was the fact that it takes up less space in the packing cases?

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:58 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:The picture is good as well, but no, I was meaning that on the Tri-logo card the figure is displayed on top of the carbonite block inside the bubble so you can actually see Han without opening it. With the POTF version the figure is beneath the carbonite inside the bubble so you can't see Han unless you break it open. I like to see the figures inside their bubbles, and the POTF Han in Carbonite is the only MOC where you can't do this.

I don't know, but perhaps it was the fact that it takes up less space in the packing cases?

Maybe you are correct, it is always about money, more plastic, cost more money :wink: but then again why did the tri-logo have bigger bubbles ? :?

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”