Header image

UKG noob to grading question

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Stubbs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

UKG noob to grading question

Postby Stubbs » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi guys

Quick question having never used the service of ukg but have a couple of loose figures to grade to move on this might sound stupid but when you get to check out they ask what information you want on the label.

I was thinking 95 grade to everything haha what do they mean what do I want on the label surely that's what I'm paying for them to grade what I sent in.

Like I said probably noob question but never done this and only doing it know becouse I'm fed up with sending legit weapons to people and them claiming there not and asking for partial refund ECT.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: UKG noob to grading question

Postby Mini99 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:03 pm

That’s a really good question, the exact same one as I had!
I just wrote “not done this before, so please fill out accordingly”.
All figures came back with a label filled in with information that you would usually find on a graded loose figure!
I did also add that if there was a problem please email me!

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 pm

I have never had something graded so don’t quote me on it, but from having seen UKG labels and heard people discuss it I believe it is often used if you have a particular variant. For example you might ask to put “PBP Hammerhead”, “Molded Legs Han Hoth” etc. Or if you have a particular weapon you might ask for “Metallic Bespin Blaster”.

Stubbs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Stubbs » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:31 pm

Ok thanks guys it just through me a bit as I was wondering Wye are they asking me surely they know what I'm sending. But your comments have shed light on this so thanks again.

Lom
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Lom » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:37 am

I think it is their subtle way of asking ‘what do you know about this item that we don’t?’. Most of the Star Wars items they receive will be fairly vanilla but they don’t know everything but don’t want to be seen to not know everything. To miss that it’s a miscard or a Toytoni etc. would lead to reputational damage which they’d rather avoid.
Sith happens.....

punk_pat
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby punk_pat » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:22 am

What Lom said...

An example: I submitted a dark blue, solid dome, R2D2. I stated this on the form. The other, standard figures, I didn't bother writing anything

jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby jayums » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:05 pm

They graded a C3PO I picked up 85 and it had cotton thread tied around the arm to stop it falling off. :shock: I’d put that it’s a vinyl Jawa on the form. I wouldn’t be all that surprised if they didn’t notice :lol:

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”