Han Bespin reseal?

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
For a start he's holding his blaster so surely that is a giveaway?
Is the seal obviously a re-do guys?

Regards
Paul

Screenshot_20180720-102113.png
Screenshot_20180720-102118.png
Screenshot_20180720-102127.png
Screenshot_20180720-102131.png

Robstyley

Sith Lord
The guns not a giveaway, I've seen Mocs with figures holding weapons. It doesn't look quite right though. It's Palitoy and the bubble looks a little too large, strangely sealed and positioned to me. Could be a Toni. But I'm no expert, someone will set you straight.

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Robstyley said:
The guns not a giveaway, I've seen Mocs with figures holding weapons. It doesn't look quite right though. It's Palitoy and the bubble looks a little too large, strangely sealed and positioned to me. Could be a Toni. But I'm no expert, someone will set you straight.

I agree with you Rob to a point but the only ones i can recall from memory holding weapons are the firmer grips of the Cantina aliens, Stormies etcetera.
Can't recall seeing this Han holding his blaster due to more relaxed grip?
Also are Toytoni bubbles turning yellow? plus I'm sure he only used unused cardbacks? This has quite a bit of wear.
Very puzxling

coomber75

Sith Lord
not sure... but bubble seems slightly wrong in position.. but looks great and i love a good reseal as affordable options :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Have to agree, normally only see Star Wars cards with figures holding their weapons.
This feels off, most likely a reaseal down the left hand side?
Interesting, depends on the price, nice looking MOC.

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Mini99 said:
Have to agree, normally only see Star Wars cards with figures holding their weapons.
This feels off, most likely a reaseal down the left hand side?
Interesting, depends on the price, nice looking MOC.
coomber75 said:
not sure... but bubble seems slightly wrong in position.. but looks great and i love a good reseal as affordable options :D

Haha guys, this is kinda why I'm enquiring.
I dunno, i may throw him in as part of a diecast deal to someone :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
It's hard to be absolutely certain without having it in hand, but it certainly looks like a reseal to me. There are too many missing / misaligned litho spots beneath the blister for my liking, plus the card beneath the blister's edge looks decidedly tinted to me (and unevenly so, especially at the top), which can be a sign of glue being used. Also, the seal itself looks off in multiple places, and down the left-hand side the litho looks ripped beneath the bubble. There also look to be small paint rubs on the front of Han's hair, which again, can be a good indicator of a reseal.

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Snaketibe said:
It's hard to be absolutely certain without having it in hand, but it certainly looks like a reseal to me. There are too many missing / misaligned litho spots beneath the blister for my liking, plus the card beneath the blister's edge looks decidedly tinted to me (and unevenly so, especially at the top), which can be a sign of glue being used. Also, the seal itself looks off in multiple places, and down the left-hand side the litho looks ripped beneath the bubble. There also look to be small paint rubs on the front of Han's hair, which again, can be a good indicator of a reseal.

Those are some cracking observations Snake.
D'ya know what, i can see more red flags on the pic i listed on here when i enlarge it than i can when i am looking at it now in my house :?
I think i am gonna have to invest in better lighting :p

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pulsar said:
Snaketibe said:

Those are some cracking observations Snake.
D'ya know what, i can see more red flags on the pic i listed on here when i enlarge it than i can when i am looking at it now in my house :?
I think i am gonna have to invest in better lighting :p
Happy I could help, although sorry it's a reseal :-(. Having said that, it's still a pretty good reseal, so it's a whole lot better than a loose one!

Jeremy

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
I would say this was a re-seal. There are a few of us re-seal collectors on here so keep us in mind if he needs a good home. :D

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
x-wingMark said:
I would say this was a re-seal. There are a few of us re-seal collectors on here so keep us in mind if he needs a good home. :D

Ha will do Mark.
Although I'd have no idea what reseals go for, what would a ballpark be on this do you reckon?
Maybe i should put this in the valuation section but aren't reseals frowned upon?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pulsar said:
x-wingMark said:

Ha will do Mark.
Although I'd have no idea what reseals go for, what would a ballpark be on this do you reckon?
Maybe i should put this in the valuation section but aren't reseals frowned upon?
I don't think reseals are frowned upon. Recards yes, but reseals no. As for value, yes I recommend putting it up in the Valuation thread, but in my own personal experience of buying reseals (admittedly rarer cards), depending on condition, they seem to go for about 10% of the full MOC price. More common cards might go for a higher percentage of their MOC price than that because it will never be less than the loose figure + loose card price.

Good luck with it if you do decide to sell :)

coomber75

Sith Lord
Am all good with reseal if all parts authentic and known as such, cheaper way to complete my sw back run lol

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Yeah as said above reseals are accepted if all original parts and full disclosure. Pop it in the valuation thread, I am interested so will not comment on what the value.

Cheers

8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom