SWTOTW, Week 30, 2018, Part 1/2 Light Saber

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Light Saber:

saber.jpg

I never had any of this 1:1 size toy weapons. So I hope some of you will share some pictures if you have one or more in your collection :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
We are still waiting for the first lightsaber to be added in this thread, are there no one who have one on the forum :?

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Remember charging round the house and garden smacking stuff (and probably the odd friend) with this as a nipper; it's a wonder it still works!
P1000577_zpsd52c22c2.jpg

P1000573_zpse8c65f6b.jpg

P1000589_zpsa8030b91.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice saber :). It's not a toy I ever owned as a child in the 70's, but a friend did and I remember it clearly. Thanks for sharing yours.

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
Lom said:
Remember charging round the house and garden smacking stuff (and probably the odd friend) with this as a nipper; it's a wonder it still works!
P1000577_zpsd52c22c2.jpg

P1000573_zpse8c65f6b.jpg

P1000589_zpsa8030b91.jpg

Looks great, thanks for sharing :).

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Lom said:

Wow great saber :shock: damn it looks cool, have you had it since your childhood in the 70s or 80s ? :shock:

Thanks mate for sharing pictures of that beauty 8)

Do you know if there was only one saber or did they make different sabers ? :?

spoons

Grand Master
Excellent! I was worried this was going to be one with no images. Great saber Martin 8)

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Lom said:

Wow great saber :shock: damn it looks cool, have you had it since your childhood in the 70s or 80s ? :shock:

Cheers mate, yep, that's my childhood one from the late 70's. It is an unlicensed product where some enterprising individual essentially bolted a plastic tube to a standard torch and rebranded it as the "Force Beam". If you remove the branded black cap on the hilt you can see the original item is a standard Eveready torch.

P1000588_zpsfd7d6db6.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Lom said:
Pomse2001 said:
Lom said:

Cheers mate, yep, that's my childhood one from the late 70's. It is an unlicensed product where some enterprising individual essentially bolted a plastic tube to a standard torch and rebranded it as the "Force Beam". If you remove the branded black cap on the hilt you can see the original item is a standard Eveready torch.

Wow thanks for the info, I did not know it was a unlicensed product :shock: But cool it is from your childhood 8) and thanks again for the picture and all the great info about the saber :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Here's a couple of pictures of my bootleg one from back in the day. The plastic tube is missing but the guard is still there!

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,262
  • IMG_0617.jpg
    IMG_0617.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,259

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Here's a couple of pictures of my bootleg one from back in the day. The plastic tube is missing but the guard is still there!

Ian

Thanks Ian for sharing pictures of your saber, do you know where the bootleg is from ? :?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Thanks Ian for sharing pictures of your saber, do you know where the bootleg is from ? :?

It's the same as Lom's one and I'm I think the company was UK based with US ties so I'm thinking it was something dreamt up over here on in the US as I believe the US also had it. These could be found in a lot of local Newsagents when I was growing up in Bristol and were sold in a stand.

here's a little info I found - https://io9.gizmodo.com/5944000/the-force-beam-perhaps-the-very-first-bootleg-star-wars-toy

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

It's the same as Lom's one and I'm I think the company was UK based with US ties so I'm thinking it was something dreamt up over here on in the US as I believe the US also had it. These could be found in a lot of local Newsagents when I was growing up in Bristol and were sold in a stand.

here's a little info I found - https://io9.gizmodo.com/5944000/the-force-beam-perhaps-the-very-first-bootleg-star-wars-toy

Ian

Oh I thought it was not the same, Lom's saber is missing some black plastic around the saber, or are it 2 different sabers ? :?

Thanks mate for the link, great reading 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Oh I thought it was not the same, Lom's saber is missing some black plastic around the saber, or are it 2 different sabers ? :?

Thanks mate for the link, great reading 8)[/quote]

No, it's the same saber, I think they came in red and blue coloured beams (but only had the red handle for both).

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:

Thanks mate for the link, great reading 8)

No, it's the same saber, I think they came in red and blue coloured beams (but only had the red handle for both).

Ian[/quote]

Thanks for the info ian, blue beams sounds cool, would love to see one :wink:

Palifan

Sith Lord
=

Thanks for the info ian, blue beams sounds cool, would love to see one :wink:[/quote]

Reading up a bit more I think I was mistaken about the blue beam and it seems that the other colour was green. That does ring a bell with me and it seems like the bootleggers were ahead of the game with making a green one. Maybe George even had one and thought a green beam would make a good colour for him to use in a latter film :D

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
=

Thanks for the info ian, blue beams sounds cool, would love to see one :wink:

Reading up a bit more I think I was mistaken about the blue beam and it seems that the other colour was green. That does ring a bell with me and it seems like the bootleggers were ahead of the game with making a green one. Maybe George even had one and thought a green beam would make a good colour for him to use in a latter film :D

Ian[/quote]

A Green saber is also cool :D Yes maybe george had one and thought the color would be great in another movie 8) What about kenner did they not make any sabers ? what about palitoy ? are there only bootlegs sabers ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom