Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 30, 2018, Part 2/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 30, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:52 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:That's a terrific Ackbar collection, Lars! You've got even more variants than me :lol:

thanks mate for your very kind words :lol: I am sure that I have some that you do not have and I am also sure about that you have some that I do not have :lol: and you have more ackbar staffs than I have :wink: :lol: I am still missing the lili ledy :( Are you hunting the smooth no coo and the scar coo ? looks like you miss them ? :?

Hey Lars,

I don't have any smooth, no COO or scar Ackbars, but then again, I'm not a COO collector. I like figure variants which are visually different from one another, so if the smooth, no COO and scar versions look different to the Hong Kong and Taiwan variants, then I want them. If they don't, I don't! :-)

Do any of them look different to the Hong Kong and Taiwan versions?

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:37 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:That's a terrific Ackbar collection, Lars! You've got even more variants than me :lol:

thanks mate for your very kind words :lol: I am sure that I have some that you do not have and I am also sure about that you have some that I do not have :lol: and you have more ackbar staffs than I have :wink: :lol: I am still missing the lili ledy :( Are you hunting the smooth no coo and the scar coo ? looks like you miss them ? :?

Hey Lars,

I don't have any smooth, no COO or scar Ackbars, but then again, I'm not a COO collector. I like figure variants which are visually different from one another, so if the smooth, no COO and scar versions look different to the Hong Kong and Taiwan variants, then I want them. If they don't, I don't! :-)

I must admit, I have never compared them with the Hong Kong or Taiwan because they do not have the same coo/no coo but sure I can check them for you to see if there is something different :D What about lili ledy ackbar, if I remember correct he do not look like the kenner hong kong variants.

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:09 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

Hey Lars,

I must admit, I have never compared them with the Hong Kong or Taiwan because they do not have the same coo/no coo but sure I can check them for you to see if there is something different :D What about lili ledy ackbar, if I remember correct he do not look like the kenner hong kong variants.

Thank you, I'd appreciate that :-)

I don't have a Lili Ledy Ackbar, in fact I don't have many Lili Ledy variants full stop. It's an area I hope to improve in the future!

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:08 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Hey Lars,

I don't have a Lili Ledy Ackbar, in fact I don't have many Lili Ledy variants full stop. It's an area I hope to improve in the future!

I also do not have many lili ledy, maybe 20 figures. I hope you get many more in the future :wink:

One of my Hong Kong have brown eyes, but I have been reading that there are also a kenner with brown eyes and it is not only the lili ledy that have brown eyes. I am sure that it is the kenner I have. But I hope to find a lili ledy one day.

I will compare the no coo with the others and get back to you later today :wink:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Hey Lars,

I have compared them with my Taiwan and Hong Kong coo.

There is a difference. The best way to see the difference is the sole, it is thicker on the smooth/melted no coo and also on the no coo scar, and the smooth/melted no coo and the no coo scar do not have the same sole. So to me it looks like there are 5 mould families for ackbar :shock:

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:56 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

There is a difference. The best way to see the difference is the sole, it is thicker on the smooth/melted no coo and also on the no coo scar, and the smooth/melted no coo and the no coo scar do not have the same sole. So to me it looks like there are 5 mould families for ackbar :shock:

Thanks for checking :-)

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Thank you, I'd appreciate that :-)

Thanks for checking :-)

Your welcome, I can take some pictures when I get some more time :D

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”