THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 50 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
fb-50.jpg

It's The Vintage Rebellions 50th Episode, so we launch with an extended episode (yes extended if you can believe that) to celebrate the milestone with no less than 9 (yes NINE) guests. The team welcome a whole array of guests to celebrate.

Chris Porteous joins Stuart and Richard for this months interview as the boys discuss Canadian items, Tantive forum and Quebec items as well as many other things.

In the New Acquisitions section the lads are joined by not 1 but 5 guests, all welcomed on to share their knowledge. The items discussed range from mint carded figures to Star Wars arcade games, from store displays to everyone's favourite Twin Pod Cloud Car.

Rebel Briefings covers a range of new discoveries in the community including some amazing store displays. You'll be bangers to miss it.
It's a bumper Beyond the Newest Acquisitions where we scour the collecting universe for Twin Pod Cloud Car collectables, and in Gimcrack Richard pulls all the wrong strings.

Simon waxes lyrical (drones on) about more exciting and varied eBay sales, gets all animated about the amount of bargains turning up at UK salesrooms, is (thankfully) speechless regarding the recent Hakes sale and speaks to Mark Daniels who 'fesses up about running the re-seal market.

It's a podcast full of records, as this month's quiz is so long it could be a podcast in its own right.

To end this special edition we welcome back to speak to Edd Grant in this months What's New Pussycat as we revisit his collecting habits since we spoke to him three years ago.

All this plus all the usual shenanigans and banter.

Enjoy the show!

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just finished it another great episode loads of highlights. I am looking forward to picking up a copy of It came from the loft no 3 on sunday the last two where great.

Looking forward to another 50 episodes.

spoons

Grand Master
Thanks for putting the pics up Stu - an hour and a half in and a good listen so far

As to high end items, I would never sell my collection to buy just one item

My view on the high end pieces is that the value is all to do with popularity and status, which ties in to what you guys and Carl were saying about 45a 3pos

Many of us own much rarer items than a rocket firing Fett, but at a fraction of those prices. I'd much rather have a properly rare £300 two pack than a £10k DT Vader

TK-7785

Jedi Master
You guys have outdone yourselves this time. 7+ hours of 50th episode worthy content. Outstanding, lads!

The interviews with Jason, Edd etc about newly discovered and rare cardback variants got me thinking. For those of us who are more casual cardback collectors and might not be aware of examples which may prove existence of a particular examples, maybe we could have a sticky topic with a list of currently "hunted" for cardbacks that could be easily checked by those of us who are not quite so focused on this area? A repository, if you will, for current cardback research and what details to look for. I'd bet there are a number of cardbacks tucked away in collections that collectors don't know might be "missing links".

I know Edd has his Trilogo 70B/C sticky, but perhaps one for Palitoy, MIM Kenner cards etc.

Chris

Taffius

Sith Lord
Thanks again all for release of this recent Episode. Well timely for me as I wittled away hours on a plane and bus. Both journeys achieved and I stll havent finished listening to it!

Many congratulations on the 50th cast. Great achievement and evidence of its continued and valued worth.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Currently making my way through another fantastic episode. After listening to the quiz, surely Steve Savory would be Suzy Dent in Dictionary Corner? But would that mean Jez was Rachel Riley?? Shudder shudder :shock:

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Aaaargh I'm absolutely gutted that I won't make Farthest From this weekend... how do I go about reserving a copy of 'it came from the loft'? Do I contact the naughty Jedi direct? Enjoy FF lads. Only just started the podcast as been busy, I'm sure it's a belter, congrats on making it to 50! Take it easy.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Another outstanding episode fellas! How in the world you can make 7 hours seem to fly by is beyond me, especially when over an hour of that was talking about the lowly Cloud Car. :)

Speaking of which, I took on Pete's challenge of trying to find other Cloud Car references. I managed to find one in my ESB coloring book. It's barely noticeable, but it's there.

I enjoyed the chat about the Star Wars arcade games. I used to love the original SW version as a kid. I had it on my old Atari 2600 and spent hours and hours playing it.

Great interviews with Edd and Mark Daniels. What a cool run of Palitoy 12 backs. They look fantastic!

I am interested in buying the 3 fanzines you guys have available. I'll get in touch to sort out the details. I also want to apologize for not getting a story in as real life has been a bit crazy of late.

Congrats on 50 episodes! I have listened to each and every one and look forward to it every single month. The hours and hours you guys put in is truly appreciated. Definitely my #1 podcast by a mile!

Cheers!

Jason

EECCDBBE-D635-4DD8-9E4B-B153D78D3A19.jpeg

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Really enjoyed Simon's interview with Mark Daniels on the Palitoy 12 Back reseal run and it got me thinking... I've more or less just finished catching up on all the old episodes and one thing I feel gets a little overlooked is collecting on a budget.

I'd really lovely to hear a main interview with someone like Poncho about his collection and how he's gone about amassing all his harder-to-find variants, and restoring them on a shoestring budget; or apack7229 about his beater run MOCs, how he displays pieces with such well loved character and how he's probably saving many from the curse of the U-grade.

But if not a main interview, a round table discussion on budget collecting, or maybe Simon could do a series of small interviews like the Mark Daniels one... after all, who better to champion it then the king of the car boot. I'd love to hear about car boot finds and other small in the wild discoveries, as well as hints and tips from that area of collecting, especially in this 'want it now' culture spurred on by Face Book.

A way to stamp his individuality on the podcast and not just be picked on as the newbie (even if he does think he's the best looking and you're all just jealous :lol: ). Just a thought...

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie" I'd really lovely to hear a main interview with someone like Poncho about his collection and how he's gone about amassing all his harder-to-find variants said:
I Agree with this it would be nice to listen to some collectors personal collecting journeys i Know you did this with some of the earlier shows and i really enjoyed listening to peoples experiences and items found in unique places ect an example would be the episode with Mark Hockley off the top of my head i know there have been more.

MightyMike

Padawan
Not wishing to sound like a Cloud Car hater but what exactly does the gunner do?!?

Those cannons always looked fixed to me, so the pilot would have to line up the ship at the target before the gunner could/would fire.

I might replace the starboard control panel sticker with a simple red 'fire' button...

Palifan

Sith Lord
Another fantastic episode and maybe a record for this months length (well it was the 50's!)?

It was nice to hear Marks thoughts on reseals, a subject that's been close to my heart for years now and in fact was the reason that I joined this forum back in 2012 as I was looking for a Chewbacca to complete my 12 back reseal run. I've now got the first 30 released reseals with a few extras and have enjoyed every minute of putting the collection together so can certainly see the appeal of them. I have noticed over the past couple of months a spate of reseals have been on ebay and I've even sold a few on here recently after a fairly big drought of them but it'll be interesting to see how many more come to the surface. I wonder if some of this has to do with the recent Star wars fatigue that's been happening or maybe the fact that the prices have gone up for the sellers. For me I just felt it was time to let some of my spares go and hopefully I've helped a few members get on their way to their own 12 back runs.

Looking forward to the next 50 episodes guys and now I'm back in the UK I'll have to meet up with you all at a future FF, it's been a long time coming for me :D

Ian

spoons

Grand Master
A long one indeed, I listened to half hour stints whilst on holiday and I did find that by the end of the podcast I'd forgotten some of the earlier content. When I listen in one go that isn't a problem. All enjoyable but it does make feedback difficult :)

I also liked Mark's reseal piece and good to hear Chris Porteous on the show. I know Chris from Instagram so good to put a voice to some photos

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Looking forward to listening to this one. Was 6 behind and have been steadily catching up whilst
on holiday- half way there now! Loving every episode- always puts a smile on my face and I learn so much 8)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Congrats on the big 5-0 lads! 8) 8) 8)

Always a good listen, and always an honour to be asked to talk vintage SW :)

Here's to the next 50!

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Just got a couple more ESB coloring books this week and 3 more Cloud Car images caught my attention. I think I've met my quota on this challenge for the month. :)

Attachments

• C78902E6-22F9-4640-9EDA-62BE055DB2A7.jpeg
    C78902E6-22F9-4640-9EDA-62BE055DB2A7.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 578
  • 597ECE79-5A32-453A-AA6C-5F781EEC5C63.jpeg
    597ECE79-5A32-453A-AA6C-5F781EEC5C63.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 575
  • 77FA1FFD-56A1-438F-8A1A-BE64296955CB.jpeg
    77FA1FFD-56A1-438F-8A1A-BE64296955CB.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 574
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom