Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10202
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:12 pm

Arfive-Defour (R5-D4):

r5.jpg
r5.jpg (77.75 KiB) Viewed 206 times

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:15 pm

Here are mine. Just a reseal, I'm afraid, but I'm happy enough with it. Plus a narrow head, wide head and red rectangle loose:

Mr Bad Motivator - 01.jpg
Mr Bad Motivator - 01.jpg (180.05 KiB) Viewed 195 times


Mr Bad Motivator - 02-04.jpg
Mr Bad Motivator - 02-04.jpg (145.12 KiB) Viewed 195 times

User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3588
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Palifan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:10 am

just a reseal! Wow, that's about as close to a moc as you're going to get, nice one and great R5 collection :D

Ian

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10202
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:27 am

Snaketibe wrote:Here are mine. Just a reseal, I'm afraid, but I'm happy enough with it. Plus a narrow head, wide head and red rectangle loose:

Mr Bad Motivator - 01.jpg

Mr Bad Motivator - 02-04.jpg


Outstanding, I love that reseal, it looks great and I also love your variants, that red rectangle is so fucking cool 8) Thanks mate for sharing pictures of your collection :D

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Palifan wrote:just a reseal! Wow, that's about as close to a moc as you're going to get, nice one and great R5 collection :D

Ian

Thanks, Ian. This was the first MOC I ever resealed, and I was a bit nervous doing it in case I made a hash of it, but I was pleased with how it turned out :-)

Jeremy

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Here are mine. Just a reseal, I'm afraid, but I'm happy enough with it. Plus a narrow head, wide head and red rectangle loose:

Mr Bad Motivator - 01.jpg

Mr Bad Motivator - 02-04.jpg


Outstanding, I love that reseal, it looks great and I also love your variants, that red rectangle is so fucking cool 8) Thanks mate for sharing pictures of your collection :D

Thanks, Lars :-)

User avatar
apack7229
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby apack7229 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:11 pm

Here’s what I’ve got.
Attachments
674E879E-A39E-411F-A511-02010AD3FFCD.jpeg
674E879E-A39E-411F-A511-02010AD3FFCD.jpeg (197.59 KiB) Viewed 164 times
4B56270D-2989-4866-A780-CCB21CEB734D.jpeg
4B56270D-2989-4866-A780-CCB21CEB734D.jpeg (171.56 KiB) Viewed 164 times
EDC50F11-6632-4CAE-977E-C6BFE463D0FD.jpeg
EDC50F11-6632-4CAE-977E-C6BFE463D0FD.jpeg (188.48 KiB) Viewed 164 times
B8EDFE5F-3C92-492E-91EC-85C6F00E6BA2.jpeg
B8EDFE5F-3C92-492E-91EC-85C6F00E6BA2.jpeg (181.36 KiB) Viewed 164 times
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10202
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:51 pm

apack7229 wrote:Here’s what I’ve got.


Wow nice collection mate :wink: The R5-D4 with no red on the sticker are it a production error ? or a broken custom sticker ? :? I think if I remember correct that I have seen them as a production error before :?

User avatar
apack7229
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby apack7229 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:10 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
The R5-D4 with no red on the sticker are it a production error ? or a broken custom sticker ? :? I think if I remember correct that I have seen them as a production error before :?


Thanks. :) If you’re talking about the lower left I think it’s just really faded. I’d have to pull it out but I think there’s a slight bit of red around the edges.
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2172
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Mini99 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:28 pm

Here’s my R5, I’m a sucker for the Fett offer cards.
Bit of a dent in the right hand side of thw bubble, but no cracks.
Attachments
F1E66518-4A0D-4817-9509-5AAC60DC0B95.png
F1E66518-4A0D-4817-9509-5AAC60DC0B95.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 159 times

User avatar
theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 5008
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby theforceuk » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:26 pm

Nice 20 Back and loving the loose examples. Here is my 20 Back-G.

image.jpg
image.jpg (226.71 KiB) Viewed 156 times
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10202
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:20 am

apack7229 wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
The R5-D4 with no red on the sticker are it a production error ? or a broken custom sticker ? :? I think if I remember correct that I have seen them as a production error before :?


Thanks. :) If you’re talking about the lower left I think it’s just really faded. I’d have to pull it out but I think there’s a slight bit of red around the edges.


Yes I am talking about that one :wink: I also love the 3rd leg to the right, cool custom :D Sounds crazy that all the red should have disappered in fading on both sides :?

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10202
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:21 am

Mini99 wrote:Here’s my R5, I’m a sucker for the Fett offer cards.
Bit of a dent in the right hand side of thw bubble, but no cracks.


Wow, what a beauty. Thanks for sharing a picture of that cool moc 8)

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10202
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:22 am

theforceuk wrote:Nice 20 Back and loving the loose examples. Here is my 20 Back-G.

image.jpg


Wow another moc, great moc 8) thanks mate for sharing that picture :wink:

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1015
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:12 am

Here’s my loose R5-D4 (he’s slowly being upgraded at a reasonable price); and my 2SW-21A, part of my small 20/21 Back offerless run (which is up to 5 MOCs now)
Attachments
76DCEED9-B191-46FF-98F9-C88354781D30.jpeg
76DCEED9-B191-46FF-98F9-C88354781D30.jpeg (127.92 KiB) Viewed 145 times
A358EA10-2D73-42E9-A7D9-1298AAACAB0C.jpeg
A358EA10-2D73-42E9-A7D9-1298AAACAB0C.jpeg (249.27 KiB) Viewed 145 times
24902151-6B62-43B7-85EF-25FDAE61E9C9.jpeg
24902151-6B62-43B7-85EF-25FDAE61E9C9.jpeg (284.81 KiB) Viewed 145 times


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests