SWTOTW, Week 32, 2018, Part 1/2 12" Stormtrooper Action Figure

Pomse2001

Grand Master
12" Stormtrooper Action Figure:

01.jpeg

I do not collect this huge action figures, so I hope some of you can help with pictures of this huge action figures :D

spoons

Grand Master
This used to be mine - very sun tanned from some kid's window but all part of his charm. Like the rest of my 12" its long since sold

Stormtrooper front.jpg
Stormtrooper back.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:
This used to be mine - very sun tanned from some kid's window but all part of his charm. Like the rest of my 12" its long since sold

Stormtrooper front.jpgStormtrooper back.jpg
Well done and thanks for posting these pictures, Andy. I was beginning to think this thread might not get any! :) I don't collect 12 inch figures myself, so I can't contribute much to this thread other than to say that even though I don't collect them, I've always had a soft spot for the vintage 12 inch line. Most of the head likenesses are excellent, even if those of the weapons are sometimes a bit suspect (yes, I'm looking at you, Luke and Obi-Wan's sabers, and the Stormtrooper blaster rifle :)). It's a shame the line wasn't longer lived, but then again the 4" figures were so dominant and successful that it must have been difficult for another line to compete.

Anyway, thanks for posting, even if you've now parted company with your 12" figures. Out of interest, why did you decide to sell them, if it's not rude to ask!?

spoons

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
spoons said:

Well done and thanks for posting these pictures, Andy. I was beginning to think this thread might not get any! :) I don't collect 12 inch figures myself, so I can't contribute much to this thread other than to say that even though I don't collect them, I've always had a soft spot for the vintage 12 inch line. Most of the head likenesses are excellent, even if those of the weapons are sometimes a bit suspect (yes, I'm looking at you, Luke and Obi-Wan's sabers, and the Stormtrooper blaster rifle :)). It's a shame the line wasn't longer lived, but then again the 4" figures were so dominant and successful that it must have been difficult for another line to compete.

Anyway, thanks for posting, even if you've now parted company with your 12" figures. Out of interest, why did you decide to sell them, if it's not rude to ask!?

No problem Jeremy and no problem with the question either :D

I moved in 2011 and downsized my collection at that time, selling off all my lose 12" for around £300 to a guy in Australia - all 12 figures and a boxed Yoda puppet.

A few years later I started to put a boxed Palitoy/Denys Fisher run together but lost interest and soled off my boxed figures. I might try for a lose run again at some point.

The figures are so poor compared to action man, which i also collect, but they do have a bit of charm.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:
Snaketibe said:
spoons said:

No problem Jeremy and no problem with the question either :D

I moved in 2011 and downsized my collection at that time, selling off all my lose 12" for around £300 to a guy in Australia - all 12 figures and a boxed Yoda puppet.

A few years later I started to put a boxed Palitoy/Denys Fisher run together but lost interest and soled off my boxed figures. I might try for a lose run again at some point.

The figures are so poor compared to action man, which i also collect, but they do have a bit of charm.
Fair enough, and thanks for answering. I do find it interesting when collectors decide to part company with some or all of their collections, and I often find myself wondering how and why they reached that decision; were they forced into it through circumstance, did they simply lose interest, did they want to collect something else in preference, etc.?

I am perhaps a little unusual, and also perhaps a little lucky, in that I have never found myself in that position with regards to my vintage collection. I did however massively downsize my modern line Star Wars collection about 12 years ago after Revenge of the Sith, when I found it was costing me too much space, time and money, so I do understand what it's like to part with toys that have been a part of your life for a long time.

Anyway, if you do decide to try for another loose 12" run in the future, I wish you the very best of luck :)

spoons

Grand Master
Thanks Jeremy, I probably will try again but they do take up a lot of space and the nostalgia isn't quite there for me

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Screenshot_20180811-202735.png

I remember walking into my local toy shop in Dinnington called 'GoodToys' around '78/79 looking for additions to my 3 3/4" collection.
I gazed up and saw these huge figures for the very first time which were as big as myself, i had never heard of them or anticipated seeing them.
I distinctly remember Luke, Leia and an amazing Darth Vader. There was also an impressive white Imperial trooper on the shelf.
However, they were out of my price range.
Roll on a couple of decades i avidly collected the 12" line with better disposable income.
The Stormies above were continuous upgrades.
The one below is my best one.

Enjoy x

Screenshot_20180811-202716.png

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:

Thanks Andy for sharing this great pictures of your big stormie action figure, sorry to read you have sold it :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Pulsar said:

I remember walking into my local toy shop in Dinnington called 'GoodToys' around '78/79 looking for additions to my 3 3/4" collection.
I gazed up and saw these huge figures for the very first time which were as big as myself, i had never heard of them or anticipated seeing them.
I distinctly remember Luke, Leia and an amazing Darth Vader. There was also an impressive white Imperial trooper on the shelf.
Roll on a couple of decades i avidly collected the 12" line with better disposable income.

Enjoy x

Wow, fantastic collection of huge stormies that you have :shock: 2 in box and 2 out of box. Thanks mate for showing some great pictures of this fantastic figures :D and thanks mate for the great storie from the 70s :D

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Pomse2001 said:
Pulsar said:

Enjoy x

Wow, fantastic collection of huge stormies that you have :shock: 2 in box and 2 out of box. Thanks mate for showing some great pictures of this fantastic figures :D and thanks mate for the great storie from the 70s :D

Ah thanks Pomse and you're welcome.
The second pic was actually a different Stormie to the 2 boxed ones in the first pic so 3 boxed and 2 loose :wink:
If you spot anymore for sale please let me know .

Yep, i have problems :roll:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Pulsar said:
Pomse2001 said:
Pulsar said:

Enjoy x

Ah thanks Pomse and you're welcome.
The second pic was actually a different Stormie to the 2 boxed ones in the first pic so 3 boxed and 2 loose :wink:
If you spot anymore for sale please let me know .

Yep, i have problems :roll:

Wow 3 in box that is more cool than 2 8) sure I will let you know if I see any one for sale :D So are you army building ? :D

I think it is the first 12" size action figure that you have shown in the star wars of the week, do you only collect stormies ? :? if not then you are welcome also to upload your collection of other 12" size action figures in the older star wars of the week threads :wink: Here are a link to all the links of star wars of the week threads, just scroll down to the 12" figures http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35554

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
I do have some full runs but i don't always get time to get on or see certain threads in different sections.
I'll see what i can do :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Pulsar said:
I do have some full runs but i don't always get time to get on or see certain threads in different sections.
I'll see what i can do :)

Thanks mate, I think we all will be happy to see pictures of your beautiful star wars toy and there is no time limit. Everybody is welcome to add pictures in all the old threads :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Pulsar said:
Pomse2001 said:
Thanks mate, I think we all will be happy to see pictures of your beautiful star wars toy and there is no time limit.

Good, because i can't keep up :p

Sorry that we are to fast, I must admit, I can't also not keep up, I have missed a few threads where I will add pictures when I find some more time :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom