Show of your truly rare items

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Hello everyone , I've been wanting to start this thread for a while now so here it goes .... so I thought it would be good to have a thread where people can show of there rare items they own and I mean actually rare items and not something that's just high value and desirable like for example a 12 back luke where as if you have a chunk of cash you can pretty much find one within 48 hours on either eBay or a FB group I'm talking RARE as in something you could be looking for months , years even decades , you can post anything from figures , mocs , gimcrack , props ect .

I'll start by sharing this pop up book from Bandi it's not a worth a ton of money but it's definitely a hard piece of vintage Star Wars to find .

So please feel free to show your rare items on this thread and I can't wait to see what you guys have got out there :D

Attachments

• 25C22F36-597F-45FE-9EA0-9814A8197C41.jpeg
    25C22F36-597F-45FE-9EA0-9814A8197C41.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 1,912

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I don't own anything rare, just wanted to say that that pop up book is fantastic, love the Japanese text!
I would like to own that myself.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
I have numerous one of a kinds I could offer but I thought these were the finer examples.

First up is my Trilogo Spanish Bubble Amanaman.

During the last four years or so whilst researching every format and keeping my eyes on the beastie for a constant 3 years of that I have only been able to observe 5 maybe 6. This includes past forum posts, limelight's, auction sales etc. I truly do believe him to be a rare item.

Spanish Bubble Trilogo Amanaman.jpg

Next up is one of my Palitoy Staff Shop Carrier Bags

I was fortunate to be able to acquire six of these in total. I took them to Celebration London and showed them around and not one collector was familiar with them. I sold one through Vectis which made several newspaper snippets due to the sum it achieved. Since then a further two have been offered through Vectis, so the sample size to date is 8 as far as I am aware.

Palitoy Staff Shop Carrier Bag.jpg

The following three items are not Star wars items but they are more of a tedious linked item as they are Palitoy warehouse construction pieces. All three are unique.

The first one is of the Polaroids my Granddad took that captured the groundwork's commencing when the 1500 piles were driven into the ground.

The bottom right image is of Frank Manning, Plaitoys Director of Distribution who is facing the camera.

Ashby site construction all.jpg

This next one is of the Architects impression of the completed warehouse.

This was of course in the days before computer generated design.

Architect impression of Finished building.jpg

The final piece is the Palitoy Champagne.

37853268_2003470903276775_699886331295170560_n.jpg

37822414_2003470889943443_8485904419597058048_n.jpg

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Thanks mini99 !

Pulsar that 3po is great what's the story behind it ? Prototype ?

Laurence you definitely have some real history there ! :eek: ... do you ever plan on opening the champagne ?

Some great posts already guys this is exactly what I wanted to see :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pulsar said:
Again, this isn't truly expensive but it's a hard piece to find.
In keeping with your '3PO theme :wink:

Screenshot_20180813-001320.png
Can you tell us more about this, is it one of the Spanish comic figure prototypes?

subzero

Sith Lord
Palitoy champagne??, iv'e got some trilogo Stella if you wanna do a swap? :lol:

Some cool unique items so far.

Here's mine, the legendary Lili Ledy Jawa which I bought off that scumbag ebay scammer for a good price, where I made him wait almost a month to get his money released for it, that opportunity alone was also quite rare. 8) :lol:

DSCF9137_phixr.jpg

I would have posted my VCJ but they're actually easily available any day of the week if you have the doh.

lejackal

Grand Master
I have a sealed West End Games Assault on Hoth game which is easy to find open but sealed was pretty tough, although that is probably far from a true rarity :lol:

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Great items here so far. The Amanaman MOC is amazing ... so are the other items like the TriLogo Leia, LL Jawa ans so on.
The Palitoy items are priceless. Pure Vintage-collecting history.
Can't wait to see more ... great thread cardback kid.

Here's my rare item I want to share.
It's a negative of the AT-ST, used to produce the alternate photo art of the trilogo AT-ST Driver.
Always wanted to get my hands on a pre production item, but these are hard find (and paid), as you all now.
This one popped up on ebay in a buy-it-now auction ... € 60 (£ 53) :D

atst_negativ_800.jpg

atst_overlay.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Plastikheld said:
Great items here so far. The Amanaman MOC is amazing ... so are the other items like the TriLogo Leia, LL Jawa ans so on.
The Palitoy items are priceless. Pure Vintage-collecting history.
Can't wait to see more ... great thread cardback kid.

Here's my rare item I want to share.
It's a negative of the AT-ST, used to produce the alternate photo art of the trilogo AT-ST Driver.
Always wanted to get my hands on a pre production item, but these are hard find (and paid), as you all now.
This one popped up on ebay in a buy-it-now auction ... € 60 (£ 53) :D

atst_negativ_800.jpg

atst_overlay.jpg
And only £53! :shock: amazing.

slim

Sith Lord
Some cracking stuff chaps , I believe that's a polish bootleg c3po ? , I don't have anything rare in my fledgling collection ......yet

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Mini99 said:
Pulsar said:
Again, this isn't truly expensive but it's a hard piece to find.
In keeping with your '3PO theme :wink:

Screenshot_20180813-001320.png
Can you tell us more about this, is it one of the Spanish comic figure prototypes?

Cardbackkid said:
Pulsar that 3po is great what's the story behind it ? Prototype ?

I think Laurence has just owned this thread :p

That Tri Leia is ace too Darkest 8)

As for my green protocol droid, i picked this up years ago when i used to collect anything '3PO, R2 or droid related.
Wouldn't think it was a prototype though, more bootleg perhaps?

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
slim said:
Some cracking stuff chaps , I believe that's a polish bootleg c3po ? , I don't have anything rare in my fledgling collection ......yet

Ah thanks man, i tried to research it a few years back but nothing showed.
Ok so not rare then but thanks sir, i needed to know 8)

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Ok, let's try for something rare then.
Only ever seen one other and that was was with a Superman/Spiderman combo.

This is better IMO as has the pricelist from back in the day.

Strawberry FUNNY FEET! :p

Screenshot_20180813-144526.png

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Cracking piece Paul, I remember seeing the one Jordan Hemborough had at the NEC about 5 years ago, he got it off Metropolis Toys and was in an episode of TOYHUNTER. He wanted £2.5 for it though!!! That had 6 Million $ Man and Superman on it I think along with the SW sticker.

I also saw 2 SW stickers in someone elses collection some years back.

I'd also say your ESB Dairylea POS is extremely rare too Paul, never seen another one and certainly not for sale. In fact I can think of several items you've got where I've yet to see another!

Top Bottom