Header image

Vectis 25th September

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
olisuds
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Vectis 25th September

Postby olisuds » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:51 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Mini99 wrote:
Davaider wrote:

It didn’t mate, the Leia organa had the Clipper on the back

Desirable cardback, I assume it was in great condition, if so that’s the going rate...now!

Yep, no clipper. Just nice condition.

That Tri Logo Leia Hoth price was crazy regardless of condition. Went for more than twice the price I would have expected for an AFA85.
WTB: Palitoy ESB 45b Back Stormtrooper
WTB: Unused Palitoy Cardbacks

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TK-7785 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Well I was blown out of the water on all but one item. Was hoping to nab the Clipper Rebel Commando, but no. There's was a lot there for focus collectors and I suspect that was drove many of the prices high as much as auction fever. It's getting harder and harder to nab a bargain at these big auctions.
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:03 pm

damn forgot this was on... some die cast at ok prices... that harbert card :o and only 400 on tie bomber

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:26 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:If the auction had been a few days later I would of pulled the trigger on the Walrus Man 20b, Jawa 20a and Stormtrooper 20A. All reasonable prices. Well obviously the Walrus Man was probably the bargain of the auction IMO.

I think prices were a bit all over the place, the Walrusman and Trilogo Leia Hoth being each end of the scale. As pointed out, this auction was good for focus collectors.

The POTF Anakin Skywalker whent for at least half what I thought it would. The same week Solo was released on DVD, perhaps people are jumpimg off the band wagon?
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:40 pm

coomber75 wrote:damn forgot this was on... some die cast at ok prices... that harbert card :o and only 400 on tie bomber

With a cracked bubble and 25% that seemed fair enough to me

I won a couple of cheap tri logo Jabba goons and the General Mills cloud car. All in all a good deal
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

Cornish_jedi
New User
New User

Postby Cornish_jedi » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:09 am

Mixed bag. Some stuff went for massive money for what they were.... thinking focus collectors going large. Also thought some went for a fair price but, for me, I was really happy to win the R2 money bank.
This will soon be joining his brothers and completes my run.... :D
Attachments
IMG-20180428-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20180428-WA0004.jpg (68.72 KiB) Viewed 421 times

Survival kit Chris
Regular
Regular

Postby Survival kit Chris » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:42 am

Does anyone have a link as to what 20b debuts was for sale? If not , what was available, condition, price etcetera. Thank you . I couldn’t find them on their auction site .

Plastikheld
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Plastikheld » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:56 am

Survival kit Chris wrote:Does anyone have a link as to what 20b debuts was for sale? If not , what was available, condition, price etcetera. Thank you . I couldn’t find them on their auction site .

Try this one
https://www.vectis.co.uk/tv-and-film-related_11
http://www.condition10.de | Diary of a Star Wars Action-Figure Collector | Follow me on Image

jared007
Regular
Regular

Postby jared007 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:00 am

edd_jedi wrote:Ouch, I was the under bidder on a few items I wanted, never mind. I did win a very nice POTF AT-ST Driver though :)

I think you must have just outbid me on that one, Congrats.
Digital vintage price guide and portfolio system: http://www.starwarstracker.com

finestcomics
Regular
Regular

Postby finestcomics » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:03 am

Mini99 wrote:It is in very good condition, and so rings alarm bells, but if it was a TT then would you not have expeced the bubble to be more central to the coloured part of the card back?
I see that the LOT has now been withdrawn!

I posted about it in a thread where the legitimacy of these miscards were once discussed - Vectis did withdraw it as they suspected it to be a TT.

Lom
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Lom » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:35 pm

coomber75 wrote:damn forgot this was on... some die cast at ok prices... that harbert card :o and only 400 on tie bomber

I thought the Harbert TIE would have gone for a bit more than it did, if I didn't already have one I'd definitely have gone for that - hovered over the bid button on that tie bomber but that bubble was pretty smashed and it's £500 with fees so thought better of it. Picked up the Takara landspeeder for £80 though so well happy with that.
Sith happens.....

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:40 pm

Lom wrote:

I thought the Harbert TIE would have gone for a bit more than it did, if I didn't already have one I'd definitely have gone for that - hovered over the bid button on that tie bomber but that bubble was pretty smashed and it's £500 with fees so thought better of it. Picked up the Takara landspeeder for £80 though so well happy with that.

I thought the Takara land speeder was the only real die cast bargain, they really don't come up much. The Harbert and Bomber were good prices but not bargains as both come up for sale quite often.

Well done LOM!
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:16 pm

spoons wrote:
Lom wrote:

I thought the Takara land speeder was the only real die cast bargain, they really don't come up much. The Harbert and Bomber were good prices but not bargains as both come up for sale quite often.

Well done LOM!

gutted i missed the tie on harbet card thought that was a great deal and not seen many, wanted to add it to my tie cardback collection... but congrats mate

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:54 pm

the crack on the tie bomber is really not that noticeable.
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Richard_H wrote:the crack on the tie bomber is really not that noticeable.

Did you snag it mate?

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”