Whoops, help wanted.

lejackal

Grand Master
So, on Monday I bought a vintage MOC by accident. Tomorrow it will turn up and I need to explain it to the other half, any ideas??

Bad advice only please, the funnier the better.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I feel like your missing a good thing here Baby,I don't want to have all the fun, it's just not fair on you... so anyway I took the liberty of buying you a MOC so you could see if you could get into it... I know you've got nowhere to display it so if you like you can put it in my room for the time being :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
You: Happy anniversary, honey! I've bought you a Star Wars MOC to celebrate!

Your wife: But it isn't our anniversary, and I don't collect Star Wars, you do!

You: What? Oh, silly me! How careless! I knew I'd forgotten something, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. How lucky that I can always rely on you to remember for me. Oh well, never mind. I'll have to keep the MOC then, and I'll buy you something of equal value instead. It cost £20, by the way...

lejackal

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
You: Happy anniversary, honey! I've bought you a Star Wars MOC to celebrate!

Your wife: But it isn't our anniversary, and I don't collect Star Wars, you do!

You: What? Oh, silly me! How careless! I knew I'd forgotten something, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. How lucky that I can always rely on you to remember for me. Oh well, never mind. I'll have to keep the MOC then, and I'll buy you something of equal value instead. It cost £20, by the way...
I actually quite like this as it's her birthday today 8)

subzero

Sith Lord
"Aha just what I was waiting for, that MOC I did a trade for has just arrived, that one where I posted off one of my MOC's to this other collector and he posted me this one back, so it didn't cost me anything, i'll be doing a lot more of these 'trades' over the coming months so listen out for the door will ya?, cheers love"...... 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
lejackal said:
So, on Monday I bought a vintage MOC by accident. Tomorrow it will turn up and I need to explain it to the other half, any ideas??

Get a new wife :lol: just joking :wink:

lejackal

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
lejackal said:

I might need one :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
subzero said:
"Aha just what I was waiting for, that MOC I did a trade for has just arrived, that one where I posted off one of my MOC's to this other collector and he posted me this one back, so it didn't cost me anything, i'll be doing a lot more of these 'trades' over the coming months so listen out for the door will ya?, cheers love"...... 8)
Could work if I hadn't actually just done a trade last week

lejackal

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
I feel like your missing a good thing here Baby,I don't want to have all the fun, it's just not fair on you... so anyway I took the liberty of buying you a MOC so you could see if you could get into it... I know you've got nowhere to display it so if you like you can put it in my room for the time being :wink:
Well she does like R2 so this is a possibility

Taffius

Sith Lord
lejackal said:

Assumptions:
To be this worried, MOC value must be high.
Other half not keen on your collection.
Already been informed to curtail spending money on MOCs.

Course of action:
MOC resale to fund divorce, post settlement, buy more MOCs.

Reality:
All the best! :lol:

Taffius

Sith Lord
lejackal said:

Have you tried:
"It was an investment as hedge funds and savings interest are just not yielding our fund projection for retirement"

:D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
lejackal said:
Pomse2001 said:
lejackal said:

I might need one :lol:

Funny my girlfriend buy more toy for herself than I do at the moment :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lessons to be learned are:

1. Never have SW purchases posted to home address always to work.
2. Always get home before wife so new purchase can be discreetly positioned in collection case and packaging discarded in bottom of recycling bin.
3. Flowers most Friday's, (don't have to spend a fortune, and not every as then it becomes the norm) this never fails to smoth over any "difference's that may or may not crop up!

I hope that it's not too late to implement any of the above, but bear them in mind for next time. 8)

Of course I have never used any of the above....ever! :roll:

Good luck, smile and everything will be fine! :wink:

gammoguard

Padawan
'It's not mine....I'm just looking after it for a mate - his wife would go nuts if she found it. It could be here a while until he plucks up the courage to tell her.' :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom