Header image

More AFA Preferential Grading

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: More AFA Preferential Grading

Postby Robstyley » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:23 pm

theforceuk wrote:The price is a joke on that Sny Snootles as well!!!!

You aint wrong. Pisstake

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:18 pm

Robstyley wrote:
theforceuk wrote:The price is a joke on that Sny Snootles as well!!!!

You aint wrong. Pisstake

But it’s rare....he says so! :roll:

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:19 pm

Shame these types of sellers aren't rare. :roll:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:53 am

edd_jedi wrote:I've seen some inconsistent grading before, but this takes the biscuit. Can anybody explain to me how this got an 80? I would have thought 60 max in that condition. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the value or the seller :roll:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292726598534

Edd, They grade foreign stuff on a different scale to Palitoy and Kenner. I'm not sure of the ins and outs of it, but as someone who has owned a lot of graded Kenner MOC's and a fair few Harbert/Takara/LL/Glasslite MOC's the difference is noticeable. Take two MOC's with identical issues, one Kenner and (say) one Glasslite and submit them, the foreign one will get a higher grade.
I don't know if it's because of the relative rarity of the foreign stuff or not, but the fact foreign stuff grades higher has been going on for years. Certainly way back when I was actively buying, and that's 8-10 years ago.

I would say the fact it was submitted by someone who gives them a lot of business (apparently) would be of lesser consideration than the fact the item in question is Glasslite.

And, "yes" I agree that should be a 70 tops.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

pmsbull
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby pmsbull » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Pure speculation here ...

As previously said, if a Kenner with issues got a 70 and a Gaslight or Takara with SAME issues got an 80, would it be due to the relative quality of materials used to produce the items?

As in, were Kenner / Palitoy items have been better made using stronger more durable materials? , so to find a Kenner in a certain condition would be one thing, but a Gaslight or Takara in similar condition would be considered a much better example, considering the lower longevity and lesser durability of the material used to make it ?
FEEDBACK : most of my feedback is on Rebel Scum http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1110792/
FEEDBACK : there is also some here on SWFUK viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23247

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:59 pm

pmsbull wrote:............but a Gaslight or Takara........

Yeah, them Gaslights are dam hard to find. :wink: :lol:

pmsbull
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby pmsbull » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:07 am

weasel wrote:

Enjoy taking the piss out of the dyslexic, do we ? Or just out of the people that have bad carpal tunnel syndrome, nerve damage and find it hard to type sometimes because of it causing so many typos, and decide the pain is too much to bother correcting it?

Ever heard of disability discrimination you FUCKWIT ?

This conversation has been screenshotted.
FEEDBACK : most of my feedback is on Rebel Scum http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1110792/

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:43 am

Come on where’s your sense of humour? Don’t take it personally, I’m a terrible speller and have always been ripped for how bad it is because it’s affordable and some people say lazy, although clearly not the case for you. I just don’t take it that seriously.

On forums you live by the sword and die by the sword. :)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:45 am

Can't upload a picture but can use the font options which use the same functionality? Interesting...

pmsbull
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby pmsbull » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:02 am

theforceuk wrote:Come on where’s your sense of humour? Don’t take it personally, I’m a terrible speller and have always been ripped for how bad it is because it’s affordable and some people say lazy, although clearly not the case for you. I just don’t take it that seriously.

On forums you live by the sword and die by the sword. :)

Fair enough, it's easy for things to be missunderstood when in print mate.

Dummy firmly re-inserted :D

pmsbull
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby pmsbull » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:06 am

lejackal wrote:Can't upload a picture but can use the font options which use the same functionality? Interesting...

It is interesting, and frustrating :?

I have NEVER been able to get a photograph to upload to the site without problems.
No matter what I try, when it uploads it comes over so big that it wont go on screen and you end up scrolling up , down, left, right just to see it.
Tried everything I can think of, had members here talk me through the steps just in case was missing anything glaringly obvious, even had a mate that's a computer repair and software engineer geek try, still get the same.

Absolutely no idea why :(

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:35 pm

pmsbull wrote:
weasel wrote:

Enjoy taking the piss out of the dyslexic, do we ? Or just out of the people that have bad carpal tunnel syndrome, nerve damage and find it hard to type sometimes because of it causing so many typos, and decide the pain is too much to bother correcting it?

Ever heard of disability discrimination you FUCKWIT ?

This conversation has been screenshotted.

pmsbull wrote:
theforceuk wrote:Come on where’s your sense of humour? Don’t take it personally, I’m a terrible speller and have always been ripped for how bad it is because it’s affordable and some people say lazy, although clearly not the case for you. I just don’t take it that seriously.<br abp="389"><br abp="390">On forums you live by the sword and die by the sword. :)
<br abp="391"><br abp="392">Fair enough, it's easy for things to be missunderstood when in print mate. <br abp="393"><br abp="394">Dummy firmly re-inserted :D

It. Was. A. Joke!!!!!

The give away is the wink before the smiley emoticon.

I thought that was obvious but clearly not.

I would suggest if you are that easily offended and quick to fly off the handle that this isn't the place for you. We don't take ourselves too seriously around here. People get teased/slagged/get the piss taken out of them for anything and everything. That includes us Mods. We aren't above a slagging if/when we deserved one.
For me that's one of the attractions of this place, no cliques, every one is treated equally regardless of how long you have been here, how big your collection is or who you are/know.

If you're an overly sensitive soul, or one of the army of keyboard warriors then I don't think this is the right forum for you.

For the record I have banned people for less than you said above. Although I will give you the benefit of the doubt (for the final time) as one dyslexic to another.

pmsbull
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby pmsbull » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:39 am

Point taken.

I had taken the wink to be sarcastic.

It's easy to misinterpret things when in print on a forum.

jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby jayums » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:58 pm

Screenshot taken :lol:

I’d like to point out that Weasel misspelt ‘dam’ (sic) in the original offending post :wink:

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:28 am

It's all good guys, don't worry about it. Signed, somebody who often gets in to internet arguments :lol:

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”