Header image

Astons auction

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Hothrebel
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Astons auction

Postby Hothrebel » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:27 am

Anyone going/ bidding today?
Always looking for meccano items

Stubbs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Astons auction

Postby Stubbs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:17 am

I was but everything's gone way high plus fee's and shipping I would be paying at least £150 over the value of one lot crazy.

There is also a lot on there over £100 mostly repro weapons and hoth stormtrooper blasters. All the tie and cloud car pilot blasters have a bump on the front end screams repro ppl are crazy.

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 am

Yes, wouldn't be the first time repro has been seen here.

Not often I feel the need to say it, but the auctioneer is really, really bad at this :? No warning on knocking a lot down. Half a dozen words could draw at least one, probably two, bids out.

As for the Lego prices, I wish I could get those on ebay. Auction fever will rule this sale, it seems.

Stubbs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Stubbs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:27 am

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:Yes, wouldn't be the first time repro has been seen here.

Not often I feel the need to say it, but the auctioneer is really, really bad at this :? No warning on knocking a lot down. Half a dozen words could draw at least one, probably two, bids out.

As for the Lego prices, I wish I could get those on ebay. Auction fever will rule this sale, it seems.

Agreed i have been watching just for my own interest and i am sure that the online bidder's dont take into account the cost of postage that normally
involes a thrid party going in to pack and ship the item's and Aston's i believe offer no in house postage option. You need to be there to collect the lots you win however with these prices you could come home empty handed or paying well over an items value.

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TK-7785 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:39 am

Watching at the moment...I don't know if those Lego prices are average or not, but the pre-bidding on some of the vintage is just stupid. Not sure whether we're looking at collectors or resellers here, but they are either paying over the average value or kidding themselves there's a profit margin left.

Take the loose lots for example, assuming it's a collector bidding it's incredibly unlikely they'd be keeping everything in those lots for themselves. So they'll have to sell all those extra accessory-less beaters for £5-6+ each to make it worthwhile over just buying the individual figure they need... of which the vast majority are worth half that.

I'm dreading to see what those rough MOCs will go for. :roll: But I think I might send my extras to Aston's to include in their next auction. :lol:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

Stubbs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Stubbs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:43 am

TK-7785 wrote:I'm dreading to see what those rough MOCs will go for. :roll: But I think I might send my extras to Aston's to include in their next auction. :lol:

HAHA i was thinking the same if some mug wants to pay me 40% more than my beaters are worth crack on. Its a shame a few jedi mocs i was interested in but i could buy them now on ebay for less than the current bid.

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TK-7785 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:47 am

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:Yes, wouldn't be the first time repro has been seen here.

Agreed. They seem to be really racing through the Lego lots with no desire to see if they've got all the bids they can. I suspect they'll take their time with the vintage to really rinse all the pennies they can.

Stubbs wrote:HAHA i was thinking the same if some mug wants to pay me 40% more than my beaters are worth crack on. Its a shame a few jedi mocs i was interested in but i could buy them now on ebay for less than the current bid.

It's nucking futs, mate! It's not just auction fever getting the best of people, it seems there's such a thing as the "Aston's Premium". Given their propensity for poor descriptions and the inclusion of obvious repro (as Simon said) it kind of boggles the mind. Think I'll just grab a beer and watch for the entertainment now. :lol:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

Stubbs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Stubbs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:51 am

The loose beater fig lots are coming up. I wish i could grab a beer but i am suppose to be working.

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:51 am

Ebay all the way! 8)
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TK-7785 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:06 am

Those loose lots have just gone for daft prices! And from the sounds of it, most have gone to the same bidder...probably a "dealer". Good luck making profit on that. :roll:

And then two loose complete Jabbas and Taun Taun for £100 plus commission (£127). Riiiiiiiiiiight!
WANTED:
ROTJ Store Display Items

Stubbs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Stubbs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:09 am

I cant wait to see what the moc's go for. But i also noticed all the loose going to the same person i dont know wye she felt the need to mention that.

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TK-7785 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:20 am

Stubbs wrote:I cant wait to see what the moc's go for. But i also noticed all the loose going to the same person i dont know wye she felt the need to mention that.

Probably one of those Ebay dealers that list individual beater figures for £10 Buy It Now. :roll: :lol:
WANTED:
ROTJ Store Display Items

Stubbs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Stubbs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:25 am

TK-7785 wrote:
Stubbs wrote:I cant wait to see what the moc's go for. But i also noticed all the loose going to the same person i dont know wye she felt the need to mention that.

Probably one of those Ebay dealers that list individual beater figures for £10 Buy It Now. :roll: :lol:

More than likely. My son has a singing jar jar we couldn't get £3 for it at the boot sale with battery's it would probably achieve £50 at this auction. :lol:

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:35 am

Haven’t you lot got any work to do! :lol:

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TK-7785 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:50 am

Mini99 wrote:Haven’t you lot got any work to do! :lol:

Self employed, mate. I cleared it with the boss. :wink:
WANTED:
ROTJ Store Display Items

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”