Toy of the year ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
We have had for some years FORUM FIGURE 2018 etc. etc. , thanks to Stuart Skinner :D

I was thinking about doing a vote for the best vehicle and the best playset just like Stuart Skinner did with Forum Figure 2018.

and call it Forum Vehicle 2018 and Forum Playset 2018 :?

Let me know what you guys think is it a good or bad idea ? :?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree, I think it's a terrific idea! I always enjoy the figure of the year poll, so this is like making it 3 times bigger and better :-D

I seem to recall it also being mentioned at one point that having a cardback of the year poll might be interesting (I assume they meant favourite card front image, although we could also vote on our favourite backs of the cards as well). If one of those was to happen, I'd certainly take part.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
I agree, I think it's a terrific idea! I always enjoy the figure of the year poll, so this is like making it 3 times bigger and better :-D

I seem to recall it also being mentioned at one point that having a cardback of the year poll might be interesting (I assume they meant favourite card front image, although we could also vote on our favourite backs of the cards as well). If one of those was to happen, I'd certainly take part.

Thanks mate for the support, cardbacks sounds also like a good idea, something I would think about if not some one else do it :D

I think I will do vehicles fist if there is enough support for it on the forum :wink:

But first I have to find out how to it, I have never tried to make a vote thread on the forum before :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I can help, but I'm prettty useless when it comes to I.T so I have no idea what so ever how to help you. :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Thanks mate for the support, cardbacks sounds also like a good idea, something I would think about if not some one else do it :D

I think I will do vehicles fist if there is enough support for it on the forum :wink:

But first I have to find out how to it, I have never tried to make a vote thread on the forum before :lol:
If you look at the tab called poll creation next to where you would attach pictures. , select that and go from there.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

If you look at the tab called poll creation next to where you would attach pictures. , select that and go from there.

Thanks I will do that, what do you think about the idea for such a thread ? :D

lejackal

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
Mini99 said:
Pomse2001 said:

Do a vote to see if we want to vote on it and then if you don't like the answer do another vote :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
lejackal said:
Pomse2001 said:
Mini99 said:

Do a vote to see if we want to vote on it and then if you don't like the answer do another vote :lol:

ok that was a good one :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Let me know before I start if some vehicles are missing ? and do we need to split the early palitoy vehicles up with the kenner ?

Darth Vader Tie Fighter
Tie Fighter
Imperial Troop Transporter
Land Speeder
Millennium Falcon
Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler
Sonic Controlled Land Speeder
X-Wing Fighter
AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport)
Battle Damaged X-Wing Fighter
Darth Vader's Star Destroyer
Rebel Armored Snowspeeder Vehicle
Rebel Transport Vehicle
Scout Walker Vehicle
Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship
Twin-Pod Cloud Car
INT-4 Interceptor
CAP-2 Captivator
MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon
PDT-8 Personnel Deployment Transport
MTV-7 Multi-Terrain Vehicle
Desert Sail Skiff Vehicle.
AST-5 Armored Sentinel Transport Vehicle
ISP-6 Imperial Shuttle Pod Vehicle
Ewok Combat Glider
Speeder Bike Vehicle
Endor Forest Ranger Vehicle
Tie Interceptor Vehicle
Battle Damaged Imperial Tie Fighter Vehicle
Y-Wing Fighter Vehicle
B-Wing Fighter Vehicle
Imperial Shuttle Vehicle
Security Scout Vehicle
Imperial Sniper Vehicle
One Man Sand Skimmer Vehicle
Tatooine Skiff Vehicle
Ewok Battle Wagon Vehicle
Glasslite Tie Fighter
Glasslite Tie Interceptor
Glasslite X-Wing
ATL Interceptor Vehicle
Side Gunner Vehicle
A-Wing Fighter
Imperial Cruiser

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've always been a fan of a poll for card front as well as the figure of the year one, as I'm a MOC collector!
I personally would vote if there was a poll for ships, play sets etc. but if there was too many polls in quick secession interest may possibly be a bit apophatic?
Stuart's poll for figure of the year is always well supported as its a once a year poll and is well established; I'm not saying don't give it a go, but before you go to lots of work, I wonder what support it will get!
It could turn into another Brexit.... :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
I've always been a fan of a poll for card front as well as the figure of the year one, as I'm a MOC collector!
I personally would vote if there was a poll for ships, play sets etc. but if there was too many polls in quick secession interest may possibly be a bit apophatic?
Stuart's poll for figure of the year is always well supported as its a once a year poll and is well established; I'm not saying don't give it a go, but before you go to lots of work, I wonder what support it will get!
It could turn into another Brexit.... :lol:

Maybe you are correct, I will think about it and see if I get some more support in the thread :lol:

Moc will be the last one if I will do one :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:

Hi, should I split up the palitoy from the kenner items ? I was thinking the landspeeder ? and is there other vehicles that are different ?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I wouldn't split them Lars, I know the box art is different (and a handful have other differences...) but outside of the Death Star the differences are not intrinsic enough to consider them as different play-sets IMO. Stu doesn't do big head Han and Small Head Han, he does Han Solo the same with the much cooler DBRS compared to the normal Rebel Soldier.

If others disagree I'm actually happy either way and will still play along, I do however agree with Nick (Mini99) that if you pursue this, like the figure one it needs to be simple and easy without lots of different surveys each week or month.. just one 10 day hit once a year. I hope you push on with it Lars and make it happen!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Hi, should I split up the palitoy from the kenner items ? I was thinking the landspeeder ? and is there other vehicles that are different ?
As Steve says, keep it simple!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
SAVORY100 said:
I wouldn't split them Lars, I know the box art is different (and a handful have other differences...) but outside of the Death Star the differences are not intrinsic enough to consider them as different play-sets IMO. Stu doesn't do big head Han and Small Head Han, he does Han Solo the same with the much cooler DBRS compared to the normal Rebel Soldier.

If others disagree I'm actually happy either way and will still play along, I do however agree with Nick (Mini99) that if you pursue this, like the figure one it needs to be simple and easy without lots of different surveys each week or month.. just one 10 day hit once a year. I hope you push on with it Lars and make it happen!

Sounds like a good idea, I will also remove the glasslite vehicles :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

As Steve says, keep it simple!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I will remove

Glasslite Tie Fighter
Glasslite Tie Interceptor
Imperial Cruiser

and the battle damaged vehicles, I hope it is ok :?

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Maybe take the Rebel Transport off the list, no one will vote for it anyway :lol:

Great idea for a poll. Looking forward to it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom