Header image

Earliest Vintage SW Memories

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Earliest Vintage SW Memories

Postby pizzathehutt » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:12 am

It all gets a bit muddled together for me now that I’m older. My brother and sister already had a chewbacca and yoda which were handed down to me and I was born in 82.

I can remember playing with chewy and yoda, also walking down Oxford st one Christmas to see the lights and seeing a loose Jedi figure display in the selfridges window so that must have been 86/87, that Christmas I got a Jabba and ewok glider and catapult and then not long after that going to my local toy shop and picking out leia boussh, lando skiff, teebo, and logray and I still remember opening them all sat in the back of our old Peugeot 309 and almost losing landos staff down one of the seats. Not long after that got a weequay and the energizer mini rig and then a Han hoth whilst on a very rainy holiday in Cornwall.

Even back then because my dad collected antiques I managed to get quite a lot of figures and ships going to fairs with him

Amazing how it stays with you
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Earliest Vintage SW Memories

Postby Robstyley » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:23 pm

Really enjoy reading through this thread, this is what it's all about. I wish I could remember more specifics, my memory is hazy from 30 odd years ago! One of my earliest and clearest memories is getting the Snowspeeder for Christmas in... must have been 81' or 82' and running around my bedroom in my pyjamas with it with all the lights turned off. I can totally remember the sound and the yellow glow of the lights and being proper chuffed to bits with it. Such a cool toy and I still have it. I also have a memory of opening Hoth figures - Luke and Leia and an AT-AT Driver around the same time. And also a Hoth Wampa and Taun-Taun which I still have. It was all probably the same Christmas and maybe the first Christmas I received Star Wars toys.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”