Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 52 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 52 LAUNCHED

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:19 pm

3/4s of the way through and thoroughly enjoying it so far. Great interview Jason. Also loving the Creature advert you posted from Famous Monster’s Magazine. What a riot of colours. Love the description for Greedo.

Jez, you’ll be pleased to know I’ve gone off and done my homework and read “In search of the Blue Snaggletooth” https://futureofstarwars.wordpress.com/ ... ggletooth/

For the first time I was able to visualise and understand the toe dent / no toe dent. I don’t need both variants though :lol:

I knew he came in the Sears Cantina Adventure Set but didn’t realise he was also available as a Sears’ two pack with Greedo. From the ad you can see that this could be picked up for $3.65, and the VCJ and two sandpeople 3 pack for $4.95. Man they would be nice pick ups at that price.

Keep up the great work chaps

AndyPreston
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyPreston » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi guys, great listen once again. Simon was missed, but I was really pleased that Jez could make such a full contribution. It can't have been easy with the connection and timing issues.

Interviews were good, Jason had some interesting tales and I also enjoyed Cazza's recollections of the vintage masks. The outro question also threw up some interesting answers and I have to say I am in full agreement with Rich that a UK focussed collecting book is long overdue!

The team were asking how the vintage Palitoy masks were displayed for sale in the UK. These images of display boxes are taken from a Palitoy catalogue and toy fair photograph, and it's a fair bet that something similar made it into stores. I don't know whether anyone actually has one of these in a collection though.

Palitoy masks 4.jpg
Palitoy masks 4.jpg (115.13 KiB) Viewed 491 times

2018-05-24 06.44.47.jpg
2018-05-24 06.44.47.jpg (178.13 KiB) Viewed 491 times

I've also found a couple more Palitoy adverts featuring the elusive Hammerhead...

palplaysets.jpg
palplaysets.jpg (103.12 KiB) Viewed 491 times

palesbcomp.jpg
palesbcomp.jpg (130.55 KiB) Viewed 491 times

Thanks again to all and I'll look forward to next month :D
Looking for any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:46 pm

Secret Santa wrote:How come Captain Chrimbo didn't get a mention? :cry:

I know...have you been a bad santa? :lol:

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:36 am

Guys am around 3/4 in and listening as I post 8)
As always another great show and I can’t say enough how much I appreciate all ur efforts every time :D
Really enjoyed “Seahawks” story, ur redwoods trip sounded awesome mate 8)
Yes Rich it was me who young and foolishly thought that die-cast Land Speeder in the shop window in the mid-late 90s was priced at £1 :lol: Priceless memories :D
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:40 pm

:lol: I thought it was John but didn't want to name and shame if I got it wrong :lol:
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Another very enjoyable episode. Hats off to Jez for making the effort to join in. I especially liked the Seahawks interview, it was really engaging and interesting. Hearing other collectors experiences of collecting over the years is by far my favourite thing about these podcasts. Pete, love your beater Palitoy Leia, that is a great piece.

On the not so positive side (of collecting not the podcast) thanks for discussing the refund/baggie etc situation a bit further. It was interesting to hear some different points of view on it, some of which I agreed with and some of which I did not. But I know you guys all have your hearts in the right place. I'm trying to be less vocal on the issue as it's caused me nothing but grief, but a couple of things you guys touched on (eg a reputable source confirming the 2 pack is fake) should be addressed soon, let's see if that changes some people's opinions. Glad most people seemed to agree there should be no time limit on refunds if you sell something fake. You're right nobody is the Star Wars police, but reputations are damaged by doing the wrong thing.

SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby SublevelStudios » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:56 pm

AndyPreston wrote:I have to say I am in full agreement with Rich that a UK focussed collecting book is long overdue!

This is in the works ;)

Scarifpacific
Regular
Regular

Postby Scarifpacific » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:40 pm

SublevelStudios wrote:
AndyPreston wrote:I have to say I am in full agreement with Rich that a UK focussed collecting book is long overdue!

This is in the works ;)

What a tease!! :o
You may start your landing!

My Feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37054

Scarifpacific
Regular
Regular

Postby Scarifpacific » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:39 pm

Just finished episode 52 ( I’m a slow listener) another great episode - hard to believe that Jez is where he is the quality of his input. And special thanks goes to Pete for another superb Star Wars tracker top 5 :D
You may start your landing!

My Feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37054

Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Darth Bobby » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:36 pm

First off respect and thanks to Jez for making the podcast, that’s true devotion. Well done lads.

Great episode this month.

I’m really building my hopes up for the landfill. Even if they found a melted broken Ree Yees leg I’d be over joyed. As it says in the trailer... it’s treasure hunting. I’ve a feeling it’s down there calling up to us.

I don’t have a VCJ and don’t have any intention of getting one, in my opinion they were crap in ‘78 and they’re crap now! Ha ha ha

Enjoyed Seahawks interview, always a good contributor to the forum and a nice bloke by the sounds of it.

I have a feeling I have a couple of those Ben Cooper masks stashed in a box at my mothers. I always thought they were cheap unofficial masks so never paid them any attention. Really need to fish them out next time I’m back. The whole set looks really cool.

Great listen this month, looking forward to having Simon back soon. As ever appreciate the hard work. Hope to see some of you at Echo.

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Cazza » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Almost finished this episode. Another cracker- well done chaps 8) Jez, fantastic to have you taking part under the circumstances- what a star! However... thanks for ruining my grail find- Tusken Mario FFS :roll: :lol: I'll never look at it the same again...

Really enjoyed the Hammerhead discussion and Jason's interview was great. Would love to visit those redwoods 8)

I found this cool Palitoy advert on Starwars.com re: the Nintendo masks.
Attachments
20181018_181203.jpg
20181018_181203.jpg (153.35 KiB) Viewed 303 times
20181018_174457.jpg
20181018_174457.jpg (204.56 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”