Header image

I didnt know this...

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Lincolnshire

I didnt know this...

Postby Taffius » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:52 am

Got this info from another site (Echo base FB page). Not tried it yet, but it got me thinking what other figures have similar designs to allow you to do something else the majority might not know?
Source: http://www.jeditemplearchives.com -
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2018- ... -features/
Attachments
Screenshot_20181014-094337.png
Screenshot_20181014-094337.png (571.45 KiB) Viewed 547 times
Last edited by Taffius on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1855
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Very interesting, thank you for posting this. I wasn't aware of this either, and it's always great to discover new things about these toys after all these years :-). Perhaps Kenner did this deliberately, but my guess is that it's probably just coincidence, but still a fun one to know. It reminds me of the first time I learned that Han Hoth's blaster can be fixed onto his holster, although since that's such a perfect fit, I'm guessing that one probably was intentional.

User avatar
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4901
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Contact:

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby lejackal » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:18 pm

The fact that Luke X Wing has a visor, not black hair was a revelation in adulthood
Attachments
BB5F6BF7-BABB-450F-A2B1-A908994F785E.jpeg
BB5F6BF7-BABB-450F-A2B1-A908994F785E.jpeg (22.56 KiB) Viewed 511 times

User avatar
Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby Taffius » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Snaketibe wrote:Very interesting, thank you for posting this. I wasn't aware of this either, and it's always great to discover new things about these toys after all these years :-). Perhaps Kenner did this deliberately, but my guess is that it's probably just coincidence, but still a fun one to know. It reminds me of the first time I learned that Han Hoth's blaster can be fixed onto his holster, although since that's such a perfect fit, I'm guessing that one probably was intentional.


Thanks snaketibe. Will try that too once I get a complete one.

User avatar
Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby Taffius » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:20 pm

lejackal wrote:The fact that Luke X Wing has a visor, not black hair was a revelation in adulthood


To be truthful, if I had one has a child I would have probably thought the same. :D

User avatar
theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 5067
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby theforceuk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:32 pm

That's amazing I never new this either. Thanks for posting this. :D
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7892
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby spoons » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:51 pm

That’s a new one on me too - ingenious
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby Taffius » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Not sure about weapon position :lol: but helmet works well there. :D
Attachments
20181014_150700.jpg
20181014_150700.jpg (23.54 KiB) Viewed 474 times

tobeshadow
New User
New User
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:32 pm

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby tobeshadow » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:20 pm

That's awesome, had never seen or thought of doing this, thanks for posting!

User avatar
SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2366
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby SublevelStudios » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:24 pm

I'm not so sure this was designed this way - more a question of it being discovered you can do it rather than it being done for that purpose.

Surely Kenner would have advertised this feature in some way? Cool nontheless.

User avatar
Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby Taffius » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:44 pm

SublevelStudios wrote:I'm not so sure this was designed this way - more a question of it being discovered you can do it rather than it being done for that purpose.

Surely Kenner would have advertised this feature in some way? Cool nontheless.


I think there is an implied suggestion within the source article that the information orginated from some old Kenner documentation. So perhaps there was an intent or purpose.

User avatar
Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby Taffius » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:53 pm

Taffius wrote:
SublevelStudios wrote:I'm not so sure this was designed this way - more a question of it being discovered you can do it rather than it being done for that purpose.

Surely Kenner would have advertised this feature in some way? Cool nontheless.


I think there is an implied suggestion within the source article that the information orginated from some old Kenner documentation. So perhaps there was an intent or purpose.


I am sceptical as well as the weapon is a balancing act with arm but for fun I thought it was worth a try. However whilst trying it, part of her front dress looks a great recess for the staff! :lol:

User avatar
Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 739
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:58 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby Ruby2511 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Tried it on my Leia 8)

20181014_161444.jpg
20181014_161444.jpg (88 KiB) Viewed 450 times


Thanks for sharing this Taff :D
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

User avatar
slim
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1595
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: NORTHERN IRELAND

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby slim » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:30 pm

News to me and I have been collecting vintage starwars on and off from around 1993 :o
The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion !

User avatar
Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: I didnt know this...

Postby Taffius » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:48 pm

Ruby2511 wrote:Tried it on my Leia 8)

20181014_161444.jpg

Thanks for sharing this Taff :D


Russ. No worries...just passing stuff on and nice to see I am a trend setter. :lol:


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: spoons and 10 guests