Header image

Another utter Arsehole

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Another utter Arsehole

Postby SAVORY100 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:58 am

Painful to watch as a collector of any vintage line :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pure greed to get this stupid gun to go with a Snow Trooper to make up a YPS one... no doubt its all down to a profit margin too! Even more irritating is that a loose one sold last week on eBay anyway!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpFTU4yHXBx/?hl=en&taken-by=the_kraken_wakes

The guys real name is Matt Paul; I implore each and everyone of you to block him from any media and Facebook groups you may Admin or be involved with.

The mental part for me is that this guy is an AVID AF collector, he has even had Bob Brechin visit his collection...

What a knob jockey
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Another utter Arsehole

Postby poncho » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:28 am

i saw 3 battle gear packs opened on ebay last week all looked pristine and all had the sa80 missing!

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:44 am

I had a discussion with him last week when he threatened to do this.

Is opening Mocs a more acceptable practice in action force collecting? I can feel some of their frustration since the SA-80 is now outrageously expensive all because of the YPS dickheads.

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TK-7785 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:11 pm

I saw this last night also. My reaction was somewhat the same. I don't care how common a carded item is, I despair at people opening orignal items. His reply "i dont understand the loss, there are thousands of these around..." is typically short sighted. That was once the case of certain MOCs, until U graded became a thing. :roll:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Yes it must be fucking annoying that some variant twats have made a $2 accessory into a $100 one. Still, no excuse to open vintage toys.

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:29 pm

Not that I am in support of this, but generally curious about other SW lines.

Some open "Modern" figures to display due to size of packaging, etc. How far back does Modern relate to? I only ask as ethically, as would green / red POTF classed as modern now or near vintage?

Within the forum its still modern - but when is the determined changeover point to vintage (if there is any)?

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:57 pm

I’ve had people refuse to sell my Ep 1 Figures as I open them. I’ve more than happy opening potf2 onwards. For me, modern is never going to be in short supply
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:07 pm

Richard_H wrote:I’ve had people refuse to sell my Ep 1 Figures as I open them. I’ve more than happy opening potf2 onwards. For me, modern is never going to be in short supply

Unless everyone opens them all. :lol:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

stu70
Regular
Regular

Postby stu70 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Surely even doing this, which is plainly wrong, doesn't make a Snowtrooper a true YPS figure, for a Snowtrooper to be classed as a YPS one it has to come with the comic and bag it was issued with, YPS being the name of the German kid's magazine it was given away free with.

When I was looking at Snowtroopers on eBay a while back there were often figures described as YPS variant, all missing weapons, surely they couldn't have all come the magazine?

Was this type of Snowtrooper issued on other cards, or is it actually totally unique to the comic giveaway? Not including the weapon.

peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby peekaygee73 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:37 pm

This is what fucks me off about the 'YPS trooper' and ignorant collectors.

To my mind it isn't a YPS trooper unless it came with the magazine. The price the SA80 goes for on some vintage SW groups is ridiculous, and decent AF collectors must despise the vintage SW community. Ripping open MOCs from other vintage toy lines shows a huge lack of respect and equates to greed rather than a genuine interest in collecting.

As for this berk; filming yourself opening a vintage MOC AND putting that on the net? FFS, how dumb are some people.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:53 pm

how dumb are some people.

The obvious answer is very...as this guy has demonstrated!
Some people just want the limelight and just don’t care about what others think. :(

I agree with Rich as POTF2 were “collected” from the start, they were rarely bought by children to play with.
That’s why nearly 25 years later there are still loads in pristine condition and still cheap!
Remember these were going to fund everyone’s retirement! :wink:

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Clarkspie&chips wrote:I had a discussion with him last week when he threatened to do this.

Is opening Mocs a more acceptable practice in action force collecting? I can feel some of their frustration since the SA-80 is now outrageously expensive all because of the YPS dickheads.

I saw that on the posts mate, good of you to call him out. I decided there is no reasoning with him, so he's been banned from Jabba's I believe as I shared this with Mark and I would hope Jason Smith and Rich will take action in their groups if he frequents them.
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Also if anybody knows if he uses this forum and can let me know his username, I will do the same

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:22 pm

What’s it all about? I’m guessing that’s old then? I’m not into Action Force. The mere fact he’s filmed himself opening it and put it online. It’s purely aimed to piss people off and be controversial. What a dick!!
WTB:http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22406
Collection:http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22046

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:16 pm

Robstyley wrote:What’s it all about? I’m guessing that’s old then? I’m not into Action Force. The mere fact he’s filmed himself opening it and put it online. It’s purely aimed to piss people off and be controversial. What a dick!!

Until a year or two ago that was a 20 quid weapons pack, then cue the retards who all suddenly want a YPS trooper when most of them can barely spell YPS and all of a sudden it’s a £20 MOC containing a hundred quid gun. Ta da, now it’s hard to find intact and it’s 4/5 times the price.
It’s the Action Force equivalent of Kez or Thall being opened to get the blaster.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”