Header image

Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:26 am

Welcome dave and gary to the forum :wink:

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:11 pm

Welcome to SWFUK Gary, i hope that you stick around dude.

AndyPreston
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyPreston » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi, my names Andy Preston, long time reader of the forum and it's about time I came and said hello. I'm from Somerset, married with a couple of kids.

I have been a Star Wars fan since seeing the first movie in 78, a collector as a kid, and collecting again seriously since about 95. I've got pretty much everything in the action figure range, and I'm just a few figures away from a carded Palitoy set on the correct movie card back (although some of the harder figures are reseals or beaters). I also collect anything that's vintage and British, I love all the oddball stuff, stationery, bathroom products, food packaging, anything really. I've got some production, cast and crew, and prop items from across all the movie saga.

I’ve been a member of the Exewing Fundraisers, a charity fundraising group in the South West since the early 2000s and am lucky enough to have met many of the cast and crew at conventions that we've run. I normally costume as Vader, and have a few other outfits as well as a static R2 replica and a Jawa on a mannequin.

I'm active on several of the collecting groups on Facebook and am an admin on three groups dedicated to photos and artwork from the original trilogy.

This is a fantastic community and I'm looking forward to taking a more active part.
Looking for Palitoy 12 back Jawa and Empire carded Dengar and Leia Hoth. Damaged cards or reseals OK.
Also any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

Droopy
Regular
Regular

Postby Droopy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Welcome Andy, sounds like you will have a lot to contribute!

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby maxf » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:33 pm

AndyPreston wrote:Hi, my names Andy Preston, long time reader of the forum and it's about time I came and said hello. I'm from Somerset, married with a couple of kids.

I have been a Star Wars fan since seeing the first movie in 78, a collector as a kid, and collecting again seriously since about 95. I've got pretty much everything in the action figure range, and I'm just a few figures away from a carded Palitoy set on the correct movie card back (although some of the harder figures are reseals or beaters). I also collect anything that's vintage and British, I love all the oddball stuff, stationery, bathroom products, food packaging, anything really. I've got some production, cast and crew, and prop items from across all the movie saga.

I’ve been a member of the Exewing Fundraisers, a charity fundraising group in the South West since the early 2000s and am lucky enough to have met many of the cast and crew at conventions that we've run. I normally costume as Vader, and have a few other outfits as well as a static R2 replica and a Jawa on a mannequin.

I'm active on several of the collecting groups on Facebook and am an admin on three groups dedicated to photos and artwork from the original trilogy.

This is a fantastic community and I'm looking forward to taking a more active part.

Hi Andy! Welcome to the forum - you probably don't remember me but we used to chat back in the early 2000s. Andy Clarke, Gary Smith and lots of other old faces are around too.

Hope you're well!
Max
Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

Includes: Loose figures, Palitoy MOCs, Meccano 20bks, Vehicles, Mailers, Paperwork and more.

x-wingMark
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby x-wingMark » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:36 pm

Welcome to the forum Andy.

Good to have another Palitoy collector on here, the more the merrier and look forward to maybe seeing some of your collection. 8)
The First Transport is Away!

Deploy the Garrison!

SWFUK Feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17775

AndyPreston
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyPreston » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:37 am

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Max, of course I remember you, hope you're well and the collection growing nicely? The early 2000s was a great time for collecting, with the Rebelscum forums and Memorabilia shows, when everything was that much more affordable! I haven't stopped in the meantime, just had less time for it with work and family. It's good to see that lots of the old Rebelscum regulars are still around. Have you seen anything of John Ford lately?

Cheers,

Andy
Looking for Palitoy 12 back Jawa and Empire carded Dengar and Leia Hoth. Damaged cards or reseals OK.
Also any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby maxf » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:55 am

AndyPreston wrote:Have you seen anything of John Ford lately?

He isn't actively collecting anymore and sold most of his stuff. His work on the palitoy matrix got handed over to Jason Smith who has grown it hugely.

I have John on Strava (cycling app) but not on anything SW these days.
Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

Includes: Loose figures, Palitoy MOCs, Meccano 20bks, Vehicles, Mailers, Paperwork and more.

AndyPreston
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyPreston » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:21 pm

Cheers, used to chat to John a lot, and met up at some of the Memorabilias. He and I spent a lot of time putting together the first Palitoy cardback matrix. It's fantastic what Jason has done with it since.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:00 am

welcome to the forum Andy Preston :D

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:15 am

Welcome everyone!
It's a great place if you get involved, no reason to be shy :D
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Dare
New User
New User

Postby Dare » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Hello to all,

I'm Shaun, 45 years old and l live in Essex with my fiancé and son.

I used to collect mostly vintage items back in the Model Mart days, Cheshunt sci-fi fairs, yahoo auctions etc....Gadders.com also used to be a frequent haunt of mine. I ended up splitting some of my collection to finance other ventures but have found myself back in the collecting game again.

I'm currently building on my cardback collection and buying back some of the figures I'd sold on when I moved my focus away from collecting. Mainly a selection of Last 17's which unfortunately for me seem to be commanding a much higher premium these days (no regrets!). I also seem to be buying some variations on vintage figures and I'm keen to increase my Tri-logo cardback collection.
I had considered the MOC route but found that just having the figure with cardback a good option for me (obviously the cost on MOC's also being a big factor!).

As I'm sure many other collectors have a passion for Boba Fett as a character I'm also in the same boat. I've found the site to be a great resource and maybe I'll even chip in on some of the relevant subjects from time to time. I have already posted on the site but thought it was time I introduced myself.
If it's a Fett I'm interested.... :wink:

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi Shaun welcome mate :)
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi And and Shaun, welcome to SWFUK. You've taken your first step into a larger world!
Apologies to Dave, i missed you from the page before. Belated welcome my friend, you've taken your first step into a larger world!

Dare
New User
New User

Postby Dare » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:57 am

I appreciate the kind welcome to the forums :wink:
If it's a Fett I'm interested.... :wink:

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”