Header image

Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 am

Lindo wrote:
Robstyley wrote:
Lindo wrote:Welcome David, I was born in southend on sea :) good to see a fellow Essex boy on here :)

Agreed! I’m from your neck of the woods too. Grew up in Rayleigh and lived in Wescliff and Leigh in my 20’s. Great part of the world, still think of it as home. Welcome David and other new members. Don’t be shy, show us your collections and get amongst it :)

my Dad still lives in Rayleigh, near battlesbridge antiques centre if you know it

We live in Feering, between Chelmsford and Colchester. Pop to Battlesbridge occasionally. Got a lovely Welsh dresser from there. Also go to South Woodham Ferrers a lot to Marsh Farm, and Leigh for the folk festival sometimes. Good to see there’s a little Essex brigade on the forum.

JL601251
New User
New User

New Member...just been reunited with my Childhood Star Wars toys!

Postby JL601251 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:12 am

Name: Jason
Single/Married: Married
Lives: wirral
Kids: 2
Pets: Black Lab called Charlie
Collecting Focus: Vintage Starwars Bit to complete my childhood toys.

As a child I had an extensive collection of original Star Wars vehicles, figures & memorabilia...it was an obsession! Due to my parents going their separate ways, me moving away, subsequent deaths and house sales I had assumed that all my beloved gear had been sold/thrown away. I got a call last week from a distant relative who had been clearing through their loft and found my Star Wars gear...although the collection has been depleted over the years and only half of what I had I was like a 5 year old again..!!!

Looking to find spare parts from like minded people and not people who just want to rip people off to complete various items that obviously have been lost over the last 32 years or so, also any tips on cleaning them up as they have 30+ years of storage dust.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Welcome to the forum Jason :D

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:19 am

Weĺcome Jason. Its a great place to be on here.

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:20 am

Welcome back Ham, good to see you posting again, welcome to all the new members as well. Great forum great guys, happy collecting :D
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:24 am

Welcome to the forum all new comers. :)

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Yes, welcome Jason and all the other newcomers. Stick around and enjoy the Forum, as it's great! :-)

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TK-7785 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Hey guys,

Having been a long time, dedicated lurker I figured it was about time I finally introduced myself and start putting something back into the hobby. My name is Chris and I have an addiction...

Like probably 99% of you I've been a fan since I first saw Star Wars as a kid...actually, I think I was fan before I saw the films! As a kid in the late 80s I had an older brother who had a few figures and the neighbour's older kids had an awesome bunch of "space toys" that i would always make a B-line for when going round to play.

In '94 i received Empire on VHS for Christmas and that kick started the real fandom and collecting proper. I immediately went and bought Jedi on VHS with some Christmas money and would rent A New Hope from the local video store several times before I got my own copy.

So through out the 90s and early 2000's I was building my loose vintage collection and also built up a good modern collection. I came to my senses and off loaded all the modern junk sometime around 2005. All the vintage went into storage for several years as I finished uni, got a job and took a deep interest in beer and titties.

Then with all the new film hype around The Force Awakens it quite literally awoke the force in me again. I dug it all out of my folk's loft, realised that scrunched up newspaper and years in a loft with hugely fluctuation annual temperatures really doesn't do their condition much favour. So I started upgrading their condition, filling the gaps and completing the accessories. Although I was always a loose collector, since reviving my passion a few years ago I have discovered the money pit that it MOC collecting.

Anyway, I look forward to some top notch nerding out with you guys. Cause my girlfriend, although a very tolerate and supportive lady, really couldn't give a shit about whether my Bespin guard has a handlebar or Magnum PI 'stache.

Chris
Last edited by TK-7785 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies...
ROTJ Store Display Items

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:40 pm

TK-7785 wrote:Hey guys,

Having been a long time, dedicated lurker I figured it was about time I finally introduced myself and start putting something back into the hobby. My name is Chris and I have an addiction...

Like probably 99% of you I've been a fan since I first saw Star Wars as a kid...actually, I think I was fan before I saw the films! As a kid in the late 80s I had an older brother who had a few figures and the neighbour's older kids had an awesome bunch of "space toys" that i would always make a B-line for when going round to play.

In '94 i received Empire on VHS for Christmas and that kick started the real fandom and collecting proper. I immediately went and bought Jedi on VHS with some Christmas money and would rent A New Hope from the local video store several times before I got my own copy.

So through out the 90s and early 2000's I was building my loose vintage collection and also built up a good modern collection. I came to my senses and off loaded all the modern junk sometime around 2005. All the vintage went into storage for several years as I finished uni, got a job and took a deep interest in beer and titties.

Then with all the new film hype around The Force Awakens it quite literally awoke the force in me again. I dug it all out of my folk's loft, realised that scrunched up newspaper and years in a loft with hugely fluctuation annual temperatures really doesn't do their condition much favour. So I started upgrading their condition, filling the gaps and completing the accessories. Although I was always a loose collector, since reviving my passion a few years ago I have discovered the money pit that it MOC collecting.

Anyway, I look forward to some top notch nerding out with you guys. Cause my girldfriend, although a very tolerate and supportive lady, really couldn't give a shit about whether my Bespin guard has a handlebar or Magnum PI 'stache.

Chris

Great intro Chris. Welcome here. I have only been here a couple of months myself, but find it great and theres some top people and info.
Taff

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:40 pm

TK-7785 wrote: got a job and took a deep interest in beer and titties.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The down fall of many a collector! :roll:
Wecome Chris, great welcome introduction, very enjoyable.

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Mine was specifically cocaine and pussy, we've all got our favourite past-times. :lol:

Welcome to the forum, it's a friendly place. :)
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:11 am

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum :D

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TK-7785 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

Chris
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies...
ROTJ Store Display Items

BrickFan
New User
New User

Postby BrickFan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:49 pm

Hey everyone. Here is a quick overview of me:

Name: James
Single/Married: Single
Residence: Portsmouth
Kids: None
Pets: Two Yorkshire Terriers
Collecting Focus: Lego Star Wars sets

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:20 pm

BrickFan wrote:Hey everyone. Here is a quick overview of me:

Name: James
Single/Married: Single
Residence: Portsmouth
Kids: None
Pets: Two Yorkshire Terriers
Collecting Focus: Lego Star Wars sets

Hi James, welcome and enjoy the Forum.
You will find the Lego section in Modern collecting.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”