Header image

Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Sav78
New User
New User

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Sav78 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been following this forum for about a year now and I've finally got around to posting. I think you guys are doing a fantastic job, this place is addictive.

My name is Paul, I'm 39, and live with my wife and children in Milton Keynes.

I loved Star Wars as a kid and collected Rotj figures and ships. Those Christmases opening the Millennium Falcon, scout walker etc live long in the memory, though I made the grave mistake of giving away all my star wars toys to a family friend when I was about 12. I deeply regret it.

I've only started collecting again over the past 14 months with my focus on rotj moc. I have 7 mocs now and I'm hooked. Weirdly I have my mother to blame as out of nostalgia she bought me a Finn Force Awakens figure a couple of Christmases ago as a light hearted throw bbc back to childhood, but it ignited some nostalgic awakening of those childhood Saturday mornings perusing Woolworths for figures and I started seeking out more. Hence how I found this forum.

Great to finally introduce myself.

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:11 am

Hi Sav78. Welcome. Only been here for a couple of months but its a great place.

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:30 am

Sav78 wrote:Hi everyone,

I've been following this forum for about a year now and I've finally got around to posting. I think you guys are doing a fantastic job, this place is addictive.

My name is Paul, I'm 39, and live with my wife and children in Milton Keynes.

I loved Star Wars as a kid and collected Rotj figures and ships. Those Christmases opening the Millennium Falcon, scout walker etc live long in the memory, though I made the grave mistake of giving away all my star wars toys to a family friend when I was about 12. I deeply regret it.

I've only started collecting again over the past 14 months with my focus on rotj moc. I have 7 mocs now and I'm hooked. Weirdly I have my mother to blame as out of nostalgia she bought me a Finn Force Awakens figure a couple of Christmases ago as a light hearted throw bbc back to childhood, but it ignited some nostalgic awakening of those childhood Saturday mornings perusing Woolworths for figures and I started seeking out more. Hence how I found this forum.

Great to finally introduce myself.

Welcome to the forum you'll enjoy it here, i'm mainly a ROTJ collector myself as I was born in the 80's and ROTJ toys seemed to be around a lot more than anything else, so that's what's more nostalgic to me.

But yes once you pop you can't stop! :lol:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:37 am

Welcome James and Paul to the forum :D

Clutters
New User
New User

Postby Clutters » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:09 pm

Long time lurker, now joined! To be honest, I finally registered in the hopes of completing my loose Kenner Vintage collection and post some threads in the Most Wanted forum.

That said, as a SW fanatic since 1977, once that's done, I'll enjoy posting more generally on all topics.
I got more rhymes than Kamino got Jangos.

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Clutters wrote:Long time lurker, now joined!

Welcome clutters. This is an awesome place. Only been here a few months but information and friends are gathering pace! :D

Go Ewoks! :oops:

Ruby2511
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Ruby2511 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi My name is Russ, I am 45, married with 3 children, I live in Nottinghamshire.

I am a massive Star Wars fan since 10 years old.

I had a huge collection back when I was a kid but like a lot of kids, I outgrew them.....the shame :shock:

My mum gave the collection to my cousin.....again the shame :shock:

I have recently started to collect vintage ROTJ figures and vehicles and in time I hope to re-create my childhood.

I look forward to speaking to like minded collectors and fans like myself.

Thanks

Russ
Russ :D

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Welcome Russ, welcome everyone. It’s a great place to get back into collecting, full of lots of knowledgeable folk into all kinds of Star Wars goodies.

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:50 pm

Welcome to the new guys, enjoy the forum, gain knowledge and collect those lovely vintage pieces 8)
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Ruby2511 wrote:Hi My name is Russ, I am 45, married with 3 children, I live in Nottinghamshire.

Russ

Hi Russ. Only been here a few months myself but its a great place to be. Real fellowship. I am next county over in Lincolnshire!

Check out The Vintage Rebellion podcast - great listening.

Enjoy!

Taff

Jedijut
New User
New User

Postby Jedijut » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:26 pm

Hello from Jedijut,

My name is Justin Lea from Australia. To be completely honest, I’ve never really got into the forums mainly due to time but still used them as a visitor for information. Yes I’m a lurker lol but now it’s time to get involved!!

I started collecting as an adult back in 2000ish and progressed from loose figures and ships to Mint on card and boxed items. Collecting a bit of everything along the way from fast food cups and glasses, toy catalogs, posters, loose variants (main variants) and a mint on card/box run of Die Cast ships.

So a few years ago I came to the realization that I couldn’t display everything and made the decision to sell off my boxed and carded items. 90 mint on cards sold to one buyer and boxed ships/play sets sold individually. Not only did this give me the room back it gave me the funds to concentrate on my loved focus, the vintage Die Cast line.

I’ve always enjoyed listening to the vintage Star Wars pod casts and reading all the latest collecting books. I find focusing on the Die Cast can be a lonely endeavor but have made some great collecting friends.

Thanks for the great work everyone does and chat soon.

Ruby2511
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Ruby2511 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:42 am

Michael Sith wrote:Welcome to the new guys, enjoy the forum, gain knowledge and collect those lovely vintage pieces 8)

Hi Taff

Thanks for the welcome, I am concentrating on the vintage ROTJ line, I have other collectables like glasses, lego figures, prints and my prized Harrison Ford autograph that sits nicely in my office.

Take care

Russ

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Ruby2511
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Ruby2511 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 am

TheJabbaWookie wrote:Welcome Russ, welcome everyone. It’s a great place to get back into collecting, full of lots of knowledgeable folk into all kinds of Star Wars goodies.

Thanks for the welcome.

Regards Russ

Ruby2511
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Ruby2511 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:44 am

Michael Sith wrote:Welcome to the new guys, enjoy the forum, gain knowledge and collect those lovely vintage pieces 8)

Thanks, can't wait to build my collection further.

Regards Russ

Stubbs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Stubbs » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:10 am

Welcome to the forum Paul Russ and justin. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable members here enjoy.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”