Silver C-3PO

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
A lot I bought the other day has a silvery C-3PO Removable limbs in it , is that just faded or is it some kind of factory error ? I keep thinking I can see a hint of gold in it but compared to the other ones I have it's definitely more silver, although in the pics below it does look a bit more gold than when looking at it, thanks

1Lpztld.png

XgzTvZz.png

tobeshadow

Padawan
I have two of this figure loose. One is very Gold, the other pretty much all silver. I've always assumed the silver one had faded with time and play, but looking at some carded ones, some seem a lot more gold than others so could be a variant. Does anyone out there have a focus on this figure or know more on this? :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I keep them as variants. If I find a figure with silver and other places on the figure is gold on the same body part then I look at it as faded or if the figure is a totally beater.

I think the factories used different colours of paint, it has been seen before with many other figures. So why not also c-3po.

Also the head can have a different colour that does not match the body, again it has been seen before that wrong parts have been put together
on other characters. So again why not also C-3PO.

Just look at the PBP stormtrooper hard plastic, but there is also a kenner with a hard PBP body, but the legs and arms are soft kenner parts. The same with the cloud car pilot etc. etc.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Just look at the PBP stormtrooper hard plastic, but there is also a kenner with a hard PBP body, but the legs and arms are soft kenner parts. The same with the cloud car pilot etc. etc.

The "Kenner" hard torso Stormtrooper has nothing to do with PBP. Latter produced white ABS plastic composition changed at one of the Asian factories.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
aussiejames said:
Pomse2001 said:

The "Kenner" hard torso Stormtrooper has nothing to do with PBP. Latter produced white ABS plastic composition changed at one of the Asian factories.

oh, but was it not the same plastic as for stormie pbp ? to me it feels and looks like the same plastic :?

I do not remember where I hard read it, but I think I have read something about it was a mix up of wrong plastic parts mailed to the factory where they put the parts together and that it should have been soft parts they should have sent to the factory :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom