Kenner boxes in the uk

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Hi I'm new to the forum. I wonder if anyone can help out. There were toys sold in the UK in Kenner boxes without any palitoy stickers. Would these have been packed specifically for sale in outside the US or would they be all packed the same and then randomly distributed? The photo hopefully illustrates what I mean. One is a UK price stickered Kenner box. The other is a Kenner box with all it's contents which are very usa specific. Would or could the UK stickered box ever have had the same contents as the other? Hope that makes sense!

Attachments

• IMG_20181024_174246.jpg
    IMG_20181024_174246.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,056
  • IMG_20181021_114945.jpg
    IMG_20181021_114945.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,059

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Alisdair, welcome to the forum and great first post. The Radar Laser Cannon is a good example of Kenner boxed toys being sold in UK shops, the Tripod Laser Cannon too. I have memories of owning both as a child during that ESB era, and also of having the small book shaped catalog that came with it.

No ESB Palitoy branded instructions for these two toys were ever produced so UK kids would indeed have had the Kenner instruction sheet. The other item you've pictured is a green customer survey slip - these little slips weren't packaged in every toy. I don't know what the ratio was, for example perhaps one in every 50 boxes would have one tucked in.

Hope this helps!

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
I've got a vehicle maintenance energiser with a partial Tesco uk price sticker on the box, the instructions inside are kenner usa.

Edit. Mine is Return of Jedi not ESB

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thanks very much both of you. I presume the vme was the same, I can't think of any others.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
My childhood AT-AT was in a Kenner box with all Kenner US contents. I think it was reasonably common for Kenner toys to be sold here, perhaps when there was understock of the Palitoy versions. In the Jedi era a lot of Kenner product found its way here - some items, like the Ewok Glider and Ewok Catapult, were only ever sold in Kenner boxes, with a Palitoy sticker applied.

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thanks all. That's interesting about the at at, I didn't realise that Kenner boxes were available in the UK. I had presumed the only other one without any kind of palitoy labelling would have been the vme.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom