case of papillae of the tie fighter

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I remember Kenneth Williams once saying he had a case of papillae now I think I have it to, over night my tie fighter which I have had since the early 90's decided to moult its stickers, never seen them all fall off in one go like this before and the tie interceptor next to it was unaffected so not moisture or heat, just touched them and they fell off, Its just like the glue said right I'm 41 years old now that's it :lol: time to break out the prit stick,
has anyone else had spontaneous shedding before ?? :)

even the pilot was surprised

Attachments

• DSCF0666.JPG
    DSCF0666.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 875
  • DSCF0667.JPG
    DSCF0667.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 875
  • DSCF0668.JPG
    DSCF0668.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 878
  • DSCF0670.JPG
    DSCF0670.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 879

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
That's a right stitch up! Sorry to see this. Make sure you post the repair pictures.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
That's so strange. I've never experienced this before where all the stickers fall off together. I hope you get them back on OK. I also hope your TIE Pilot wins some sort of award for flying his TIE Fighter side-saddle :lol:

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
That's so strange. I've never experienced this before where all the stickers fall off together. I hope you get them back on OK. I also hope your TIE Pilot wins some sort of award for flying his TIE Fighter side-saddle :lol:

I must admit I noticed them starting to peal a few days ago just the corners and thought well its normal sticker curl but when I investigated further to re stick the edges they just all fell off no residue on the plastic either. It as if they were never applied the glue is just brown on the back of the stickers, as you can see from the pic the other side has started to a lesser extent.

Just wish my old battle damage stickers would fall off my childhood x-wing the same way , regretted putting those on there weeks after applying them way back when think i'll monitor this and keep you all updated on any further developments may be this is happening all over the world to star wars stickers from 1978 :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom