Vectis Auction November 28th TV+Film

stu70

Padawan
Fair bit of vintage among the the other vintage toys and modern Star Wars.

https://www.vectis.co.uk/tv-and-film-related-toy-sale_3

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah I've seen this, a lot of MOC. Should be good, thanks for posting and reminding me as I had forgotten.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Can't believe you have posted this. I was going to win everything cheap. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Except I had already bid on some of the stuff I wanted and have long since been outbid. Some of the stuff in this auction is going to go absurdly high, mark my words!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mr-shifter said:
Can't believe you have posted this. I was going to win everything cheap. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Except I had already bid on some of the stuff I wanted and have long since been outbid. Some of the stuff in this auction is going to go absurdly high, mark my words!
You and me both,
I bid on five items and was never the highest bidder :( even though I had gone over my max amount by 20%. :shock:

Thanks, didn't know this was coming up.
I only found out about this as they had a display at Sandown Park toy fair the other Saturday and asked.
I haven't seen any advertising for this auction at all, but there are some lovley MOCs and I too expect these to go sky high!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:

U got that right pal :!: :!: :wink:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I was under bidder on a few things but got the one I really wanted, will post up in NA when it arrives :)

stormcab

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
I was under bidder on a few things but got the one I really wanted, will post up in NA when it arrives :)

well done, look forward to seeing what it is. I won the one thing I was really after. It was the most I've ever paid for a MOC, but quite a bit lower than the rare occasion it comes up, so went for it. That's what credit cards are for :D a few other bits went for well below what I've seen before, would have loved them, but behaved myself and didn't spend any more.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah like any auction there were high prices and low prices, annoyingly the thing I wanted was near the end so didn't put too many bids on earlier items.

quins

Padawan
Supporter
Hi all
General question on this auction today if that's ok as never taken part in one before.
On 2 of the items my bid shows as £10 over the price realised amount however does not say I won the lots?
Anyone seen this before?
Thanks

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Quins it should state item won if you were the winning bid. In your bid log. But funny enough after going over my bids I too have a bid amount and a winning bid total that was the same. Yet I didn't win the item :?: but that was September auction.

quins

Padawan
Supporter
welshwookie said:
Quins it should state item won if you were the winning bid. In your bid log. But funny enough after going over my bids I too have a bid amount and a winning bid total that was the same. Yet I didn't win the item :?:

Thanks Welshwookie. I have checked my bid log and see 2 other items I won.
However these 2 seem a bit strange as the bid is higher that the realised amount.
I did read that if 2 people bid the same amount then the first bid taken wins.
Will call them tomorrow to get a better understanding. :)
Cheers

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Please post the reply quins as you got me thinking now, as if I had put in the amount before the auction started and it reached the same amount as I had bid, I would have been first bidder?
Wish I could remember now if it asked me when live bidding to up my bid or not, but then the winning bid would surely have been £20 , more...

quins

Padawan
Supporter
welshwookie said:
Please post the reply quins as you got me thinking now, as if I had put in the amount before the auction started and it reached the same amount as I had bid, I would have been first bidder?
Wish I could remember now if it asked me when live bidding to up my bid or not, but then the winning bid would surely have been £20 , more...

Sure will do Welshwookie.

quins

Padawan
Supporter
Hi Welshwookie
They advised when I was bidding live via my phone the connection couldn't have been great as somehow my bid was registered after the lots had finished.
They just need your lot number and a few personal details if you want them to look into it.
The lady was very helpful.

olisuds

Sith Lord
That sounds pretty concerning that you can be the higher bidder and not actually win. It's not the first time i've heard this either. However i wonder what they can actually do about it after the auction particularly if people have paid. What do they do, call people up and say sorry mate were giving you your money back, someone else actually won it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom