Certificate of authenticity

Nottsey

Padawan
When getting a loose figure graded, how important is a certificate of authenticity? What does it add to the item? If it's graded is it not implied the figure is authentic? Thanks all :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
A COA is normally only needed on high end items. So for example you may find it with a vinyl caped Jawa, or rare foreign item - For example the burgundy Bib Fortuna. In these circumstances a COA from a grading company may also be supplemented with a COA from a well known Lily Ledy collector and authority on the subject such as Özio (Horacio Narvaez) for example.

I would certainly not expect it with lower value items up to and including the R2 pop-up saber. I would rightly or wrongly assume that the grading company know enough about the common items to not of made a mistake (though even they are not infallible) :lol:

I have not seen a COA with an R2 pop-up. Others may have though.

Nottsey

Padawan
TheJabbaWookie said:
A COA is normally only needed on high end items. So for example you may find it with a vinyl caped Jawa, or rare foreign item - For example the burgundy Bib Fortuna. In these circumstances a COA from a grading company may also be supplemented with a COA from a well known Lily Ledy collector and authority on the subject such as Özio (Horacio Narvaez) for example.

I would certainly not expect it with lower value items up to and including the R2 pop-up saber. I would rightly or wrongly assume that the grading company know enough about the common items to not of made a mistake (though even they are not infallible) :lol:

I have not seen a COA with an R2 pop-up. Others may have though.

Thank you very much! Good to know I can keep grading costs down :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom