What's your best ever Star Wars related Christmas present as an adult collector?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
With Christmas just around the corner I wondered what your best ever Star Wars related Christmas present was as an adult collector, that you've received from a friend, family member, partner or collecting buddy?

I'd love to say my wife had surprised me with a surprise rare Spanish variant or a pristine condition debut 20 back, but unfortunately the most I've got is a pre-requested GW Acrylic case for my scout Walker that she begrudgingly bought me and was massively underwhelmed by when she realised it didn't even showcase the toy itself, just the box. :roll:

Anybody got a great story out there? Gifts to self don't count :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Good question, I'm quite lucky in this department as my wife is very understanding of my hobby and she is really good at picking up bargains well in advance of Christmas. Some of my best MOC have been purchased by her!

I think the best MOC Christmas present I have had is a 20 Back Death Star Droid.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
As an adult collector I mainly buy my own but about 5 years ago my wife bought me the lightsaber construction scene Luke Jedi

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've had loads of Star Wars related Christmas presents, all the usual tat - socks, mugs, toiletries etc, some good stuff. Nothing that interesting or vintage though. I think it's hard to buy vintage for someone unless you're a collector yourself. My wife bought me a nice loose Imp Gunner for my Birthday once, that's all I've ever had as a gift vintage wise.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
My lad bought me an AT-ST last year for Christmas, that gift kick started my growing collection :lol:

Not bad for a year I think :D
1544983857801-1711029517.jpg

1544983825144-34951294.jpg

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
My lad bought me an AT-ST last year for Christmas, that gift kick started my growing collection :lol:

Ace one mate

Taffius

Sith Lord
Not had a Christmas yet as a collector, however, all my gifts from wife have so far been Star Wars related so there is "a new hope" I will make this thread next year! :D

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've had a few bits in the past: A Falcon bottle opener, a First Order Stormtrooper tree ornament and a Scarif T-Shirt. That's as good as it gets. My wife pretty much refuses to get me anything SW related. :cry:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Good question, I'm quite lucky in this department as my wife is very understanding of my hobby and she is really good at picking up bargains well in advance of Christmas. Some of my best MOC have been purchased by her!

I think the best MOC Christmas present I have had is a 20 Back Death Star Droid.
Awesome. Coincidentally I have just picked a 21 back Death Star Droid up. I'm hoping it'll arrive in time for Christmas. A lovely present to myself. :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
I've had loads of Star Wars related Christmas presents, all the usual tat - socks, mugs, toiletries etc, some good stuff. Nothing that interesting or vintage though. I think it's hard to buy vintage for someone unless you're a collector yourself. My wife bought me a nice loose Imp Gunner for my Birthday once, that's all I've ever had as a gift vintage wise.
Did it come complete with the elusive black Endor blaster. What a gift if it did

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
theforceuk said:

Awesome. Coincidentally I have just picked a 21 back Death Star Droid up. I'm hoping it'll arrive in time for Christmas. A lovely present to myself. :D

Very nice, I'm completely out of the collecting game until 2019, Christmas has hit me hard! I'm hoping I get something for Xmas though. :D

Love a Star Wars Death Star Droid. 8)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Scarifpacific said:
I've had a few bits in the past: A Falcon bottle opener, a First Order Stormtrooper tree ornament and a Scarif T-Shirt. That's as good as it gets. My wife pretty much refuses to get me anything SW related. :cry:
Me too :cry: though I'd probably be a real pain in the arse fussy bastard to buy for, so it's probably wise anyway :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
theforceuk said:

Very nice, I'm completely out of the collecting game until 2019, Christmas has hit me hard! I'm hoping I get something for Xmas though. :D

Love a Star Wars Death Star Droid. 8)
Yes I'm very excited. It's the first 20/21 back I've added in 6 months. They're hard to come by for the right price in good condition. I'll post in the latest acquisitions when I get it

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Ruby2511 said:

Great gift from your son. How old is he btw?

22 and a massive Transformers geek...bless him, all 3 of my kids clubbed together and got me the Jabba set for my birthday.....bloody love my kids :lol:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Don't think I've ever had any for christmas before, always have to buy my own :lol:

But I have something under the tree send by a very good friend (& forum member) which came gift wrapped so under the tree it went even though he said I could open it then, so this year I will be popping my cherry so to speak & I already know it's what I would call an epic item & a new logo I have been trying to add to the collection for a very long time,can't say more as it'snot the 25th :lol: :eek: - I know I know cryptic & you all hate me now :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I've had a couple of pieces, when I first started back collecting my mother in law had got me a Prune Face MOC, she'd seen what I was collecting and just found a a carded figure on eBay, it's on a ROTJ card and doesn't really fit with what I'm collecting at the moment but don't have the heart to sell that one. My wife has bought me several vintage items, she always does pretty well, bloke who works for me always buys something Star Wars, but normally modern tat, I've had everything from Death Star chopping boards to coconut door mats.

And of course the secret Santa is always under the tree, I've had some awesome items from diecast and toothbrushes to Ben cooper costumes (had two and last year Fett which was cool) but also had a Sigma mug which started me on my Sigma loving.

So been pretty fortunate with my vintage, don't think I've got any this year although pretty sure I've got Craig Stevens book as it's disappeared off my amazon wish list

Robstyley

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Robstyley said:
Did it come complete with the elusive black Endor blaster. What a gift if it did

No it didn't come with the blaster but at that time I think it only cost her about £40 and it was mint. The blasters were ten a penny then, not silly money like now. I just bought one for a tenner.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom