SWTOTW, Week 50, 2018, Part 2/2 Paploo

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Paploo:

paploo.jpeg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Time for Paploo, is it? Another figure Kenner couldn't find the right picture for on the cardbacks, and decided Romba was close enough :roll:

Here's mine, a POTF MOC and three loose variants with different shades of belt / knife paint, and nose and eye paint. At least some of the belt colour on the lightest variant is (I think) due to sunlight fading, as the back of the figure has a darker belt than the front, but even if that's the case, I quite like the 3 different shades it's produced! :p

Weirdly, there are no COOs that I can find on these figures, either on the legs or under the hoods... unless I'm being very dense, of course, which is always a possibility!

Paploo... Romba... Whatever - 01.jpg

Paploo... Romba... Whatever - 02.jpg

Paploo... Romba... Whatever - 03.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Time for Paploo, is it? Another figure Kenner couldn't find the right picture for on the cardbacks, and decided Romba was close enough :roll:

Here's mine, a POTF MOC and three loose variants with different shades of belt / knife paint, and nose and eye paint. At least some of the belt colour on the lightest variant is (I think) due to sunlight fading, as the back of the figure has a darker belt than the front, but even if that's the case, I quite like the 3 different shades it's produced! :p

Weirdly, there are no COOs that I can find on these figures, either on the legs or under the hoods... unless I'm being very dense, of course, which is always a possibility!

Paploo... Romba... Whatever - 01.jpg

Paploo... Romba... Whatever - 02.jpg

Paploo... Romba... Whatever - 03.jpg

Yes kenner did a lot of errors, but we still love the toy :lol:

There is no coo on that figure, not even a year, why I do not know :?

I love the variants, thanks for sharing your fantastic huge collection as always 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here is my paploo collection :D

Paploo Coin

01.jpg

My Paploo variants

02.JPG

Paploo Tri-logo, bubble is cut open

03.JPG

Paploo Tri-logo/Clipper

04.JPG

05.JPG

Paploo Jedi cardback

06.JPG

07.JPG

Paploo POTF cardback

08.JPG

09.JPG

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
What a great load of paploo... :lol:
Thanks to everyone for showing off their Paploo's.
I'm afraid that I sold my POTF MOC last week to a forum member :( , so don't feel that it's right for me to post it now, so this is one that I can't contribute to.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Here is my paploo collection :D
Yet another great collection, Lars. I like all the cardbacks, even if none of them actually show Paploo :lol:

Thanks for sharing :)

The most importen thing is his name is on the cardbacks :lol: thanks for the kind words :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
I'm afraid that I sold my POTF MOC last week to a forum member :( , so don't feel that it's right for me to post it now, so this is one that I can't contribute to.

Sorry mate to read you sold your moc :( Was paploo not something for you or are looking for a better moc ?

thanks for the very kind words :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Mini99 said:

Sorry mate to read you sold your moc :( Was paploo not something for you or are looking for a better moc ?

I had a long had look at my collection and saw a few MOCs that were parts of runs that I had no real love for anymore.
So I decided to stop collecting items because they were parts of runs etc. and only collect what I like no matter what these may be.
Hence the sales post for most of my POTF MOCs in the "for sale thread" (cheap plug) :roll: and then there will be a few RoTJ ones in the new year that will then also moved on.
All collections should go through change in my opinion, it's good to keep it fresh and intresting and also frees up items for other collectors!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Mini99 said:

I had a long had look at my collection and saw a few MOCs that were parts of runs that I had no real love for anymore.
So I decided to stop collecting items because they were parts of runs etc. and only collect what I like no matter what these may be.
Hence the sales post for most of my POTF MOCs in the "for sale thread" (cheap plug) :roll: and then there will be a few RoTJ ones in the new year that will then also moved on.
All collections should go through change in my opinion, it's good to keep it fresh and intresting and also frees up items for other collectors!

Sounds like a good idea only to keep what you like and not because they are part of a run :wink: I did the same a few years ago. POTF moc was not me, I did not remember them from my childhood because they were not sold in denmark. So it felt wrong for me to keep them. So I traded them for meccano and tri-logo moc. I still have my POTF cardbacks, but maybe they will also go in the future. But my POTF boxes will never go for trade or sale :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
s1d0w said:
Loose and cardback

Screenshot 2019-10-06 at 18.44.21.png
Screenshot 2019-10-06 at 18.44.34.png

Wow another mint figure, this time paploo and another great cardback, thanks mate for sharing them :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom