Finding vintage star wars accessories in odd places.

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
I recently found a lando skiff guard helmet in a box of old lego :D , got me thinking of...What have been your favourite finds in the past?

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I wouldn't class this as odd exactly, but I've often found blasters jammed into the hidden nooks and crannies of vehicles when taking them apart to clean and revive the electronics. Quite a buzz when you find a little extra something. :D

poncho

Grand Master
i found a rancor keeper staff in my childhood lego. funny thing is i never had a rancor keeper as a child. my mother did buy a box of mixed lego in the late 80s from a market so it must been in that.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I got my childhood B-Wing down out the loft last year and realised something was rattling around in the cockpit, so I managed to get it out and it was an Endor blaster. Not that unusual but still a nice bonus. :D

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
theforceuk said:
I got my childhood B-Wing down out the loft last year and realised something was rattling around in the cockpit, so I managed to get it out and it was an Endor blaster. Not that unusual but still a nice bonus. :D
Shame it was'nt the black one.... :wink:

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
poncho said:
i found a rancor keeper staff in my childhood lego. funny thing is i never had a rancor keeper as a child. my mother did buy a box of mixed lego in the late 80s from a market so it must been in that.
I wonder.... :D https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Big-box-of-vintage-lego-1970s-1980s/192759525810?hash=item2ce15cf1b2:g:-RAAAOSwtYZcFWmX:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Love this story....https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/star-wars-fan-vintage-line-action-figure-found-in-drawer/

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Not Star Wars but about ten years ago I found one of my old MASK helmets down the back of my parents sofa which must have been there for 20 odd years :) Also a few years ago I found a few of my childhood figures in a box of toy cars:

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26978&p=362524

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Found a number of weapons and accessories in a Rebel Transporter I picked up at the car boot. Also found a stormtrooper blaster in the Desert Skiff mini rigg. Recently found a smugger blaster in my legacy ATAT walker.

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
I purchased a job lot of vehicles a couple of weeks ago, last week i stripped down my AT-AT, cleaned it up and got the electrics working. This weekend i thought i would tackle the millennium falcon, started to take it apart so i could clean it...after taking all the screws out i lifted the top part off and i couldn't get my breath...Guess who was hiding in the compartment behind the card next to the motor but a luke storm trooper :eek: both his hands have been slightly melted and the legs & arms are yellowing but what a find. I still can't believe it now, the owner must have shoved him past the card background and forgot about him.
20190203_165616.jpg

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Clawrence said:
I purchased a job lot of vehicles a couple of weeks ago, last week i stripped down my AT-AT, cleaned it up and got the electrics working. This weekend i thought i would tackle the millennium falcon, started to take it apart so i could clean it...after taking all the screws out i lifted the top part off and i couldn't get my breath...Guess who was hiding in the compartment behind the card next to the motor but a luke storm trooper :eek: both his hands have been slightly melted and the legs & arms are yellowing but what a find. I still can't believe it now, the owner must have shoved him past the card background and forgot about him.20190203_165616.jpg

Ace

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
StarWarsFan said:
Once found a General Veers in a box of 20p cars.
Great find mate... 8) They are still out there..just need to be uncovered. There are still plenty of parents 60+ who are are sitting on stuff that they have put up the loft and forgot about. And when they ask there 40+ kids can we clear this stuff out....they just say no just keep it for a bit longer its valuable...it just sits there collecting dust. I know a few now grandparents that fit this bill....my parents cleared my stuff out without asking whilst I was at uni.. :evil:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Clawrence said:
StarWarsFan said:
Great find mate... 8) They are still out there..just need to be uncovered. There are still plenty of parents 60+ who are are sitting on stuff that they have put up the loft and forgot about. And when they ask there 40+ kids can we clear this stuff out....they just say no just keep it for a bit longer its valuable...it just sits there collecting dust. I know a few now grandparents that fit this bill....my parents cleared my stuff out without asking whilst I was at uni.. :evil:

Cheers mate, sorry to hear about your stuff.

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
StarWarsFan said:
Clawrence said:
StarWarsFan said:

I think I have made up for it now...but I would have loved to have kept my childhood collection. Shame but you have to move on.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Clawrence said:
StarWarsFan said:
Clawrence said:

I think I have made up for it now...but I would have loved to have kept my childhood collection. Shame but you have to move on.

Know the feeling my parents did the same with my TMNT toys, have purchased replacements.

Latest posts

Top Bottom