Millenium Falcon - Kenner or Palitoy?

Nottsey

Padawan
Hi. Happy New year everyone. Hope 2019 has got off to a good start for you. I'm about to ask a potentially stupid question so apologies to start :roll: ...
I have a ROTJ millenium falcon and I was looking at the box to work out if it was a Kenner or Palitoy. On the falcon's underside it suggests it's a Kenner but the box suggests it's a Palitoy made in Spain. Photos attached although you will have to zoom in to read some of the writing. Thank you :D

Attachments

• 20190103_224832.jpg
    20190103_224832.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 791
  • 20190103_224846.jpg
    20190103_224846.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 792
  • 20190103_224928.jpg
    20190103_224928.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 788
  • 20190103_225220.jpg
    20190103_225220.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 795

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Nottsey said:
Hi. Happy New year everyone. Hope 2019 has got off to a good start for you. I'm about to ask a potentially stupid question so apologies to start :roll: ...
I have a ROTJ millenium falcon and I was looking at the box to work out if it was a Kenner or Palitoy. On the falcon's underside it suggests it's a Kenner but the box suggests it's a Palitoy made in Spain. Photos attached although you will have to zoom in to read some of the writing. Thank you :D

To me it look like the spanish Europe Bilogo ROTJ Box, euro falcon also have a kenner stamp on the falcon, why I do not know. I have found a few of them in danish childhood lots and all was stamped kenner :wink:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) there would have been tooling (a mould/moulds) for the plastic ship parts which stayed the same throughout the entire run of their production, the stamp and date denoting where and the year the item was first produced as with the figures. And they were probably made in the same places/factories for the entire run. The ships would then have been shipped all over the world to be constructed and packaged by their various lincensees, in our case Palitoy. I think that's how it worked.

Nottsey

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
Nottsey said:

To me it look like the spanish Europe Bilogo ROTJ Box, euro falcon also have a kenner stamp on the falcon, why I do not know. I have found a few of them in danish childhood lots and all was stamped kenner :wink:

Thank you. :idea: Found it a bit confusing as its my falcon/box from childhood so knew it wasn't a case of another falcon being put in the wrong box somewhere along the line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom