the simplicity
the longitivity
the nostalgia

wether its a beater or a pre preproduction nonesense

its all awesome!

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Very true and heartfelt words Poncho.

I look and feel my collection everyday and smile, especially after a shitty day at work, looking forward to growing my collection and the continued joy it brings to me :D

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I agree wholeheartedly Poncho. I have my figure cabinet on the wall downstairs and look at it daily but theres always beaters lying around on the floor in my house most days and I often clock one, or pick one up, or tread on one :eek: and think - that is a fxxking brilliant action figure. The detail on them for such a small scale and for when they were made is astounding. They're also extremely tough. Apart from paint slowly rubbing off over the years they hardly ever break. You're right on all counts and it's the reason they stand head and shoulders above any other action figures ever made. The forum figure of the year has made me really study them closely over the last few weeks too. I'm still seeing odd little details on some I've not noticed before even after 40 years :)

Edit: photo I just took a moment ago :D

DAF4733F-60B6-4CEC-A921-2C53326460C9.jpeg

spoons

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:

I look and feel my collection everyday and smile, especially after a shitty day at work, looking forward to growing my collection and the continued joy it brings to me :D

I'm exactly the same Russ. Great sentiment Chris and good to see those great figures in action Andy 8)

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Ruby2511 said:

I agree seeing your collection makes such a difference, I used to buy it and put it in boxes which didn't work for me as a collector. I wish I could display and see my whole collection.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Have to agree Ponch...it is awesome

My collection is in a spare room on display, needs more work, BUT every day I go in that room come rain or shine, take a look and it makes me smile.
Call it nostalgia, going back to a simpler time, or downright mentalism :lol: whatever makes you smile has got to be a good thing.

The connection to the past for me , is the clincher. Something that made me excited, inquisitive and happy way back when, comes back into your mind every time I look at the collection.

Look at your collection be it large or small,
At each piece that tells a story and gives you recall,
To a simpler time in your life, an echo of the past,
Remembering things that in your memory last,
We all plan, look forward and try to make our way,
But we can take time each and every day,
To Look at our collection, to us, with its splendour and guile,
And in that moment we simply break a smile.

Has to be a good thing doesn't it?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
No way, my son got his box of Star Wars figures out today modern and vintage. I was sraight in their drawn to the vintage thinking how cool they are. :D

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
It's a certain something about the vintage figures that is magical I feel, they are far more robust and better made than a lot of toys that were on the market then and definitely now.

Long live vintage star wars :lol:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Ruby2511 said:

I agree seeing your collection makes such a difference, I used to buy it and put it in boxes which didn't work for me as a collector. I wish I could display and see my whole collection.

I had my 90's collection in boxes in the loft, think that's why I flogged the lot and bought a Vespa :shock:

I would never part with my vintage collection, makes me feel happy and nostalgic every day :lol:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
"Look at your collection be it large or small,
And in that moment we simply break a smile".

This says it all :D

Thanks Michael :wink:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Michael Sith said:
Have to agree Ponch...it is awesome

My collection is in a spare room on display, needs more work, BUT every day I go in that room come rain or shine, take a look and it makes me smile.
Call it nostalgia, going back to a simpler time, or downright mentalism :lol: whatever makes you smile has got to be a good thing.

The connection to the past for me , is the clincher. Something that made me excited, inquisitive and happy way back when, comes back into your mind every time I look at the collection.

Look at your collection be it large or small,
And in that moment we simply break a smile.

Has to be a good thing doesn't it?

Memories are everyone's second chance at happiness.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
poncho said:
ive said this numerous times before

but having a sift through my boxes of vintage starwars

i again think vintage starwars is awesome

the scuplts
the simplicity
the longitivity
the nostalgia

its all awesome!

How do you think Vintage Star Wars compares to Vintage MOTU (He Man) or other toy lines in the same period in terms of design, build and durability?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I've been slowly displaying more and more of my collection over the past year and it definitely brings a smile to my face. It was such a shame when it was all in boxes under the bed or on top of the wardrobe. I'm so looking forward to when I can display the full 96 run

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
I agree wholeheartedly Poncho. I have my figure cabinet on the wall downstairs and look at it daily but theres always beaters lying around on the floor in my house most days and I often clock one, or pick one up, or tread on one :eek: and think - that is a fxxking brilliant action figure. The detail on them for such a small scale and for when they were made is astounding. They're also extremely tough. Apart from paint slowly rubbing off over the years they hardly ever break. You're right on all counts and it's the reason they stand head and shoulders above any other action figures ever made. The forum figure of the year has made me really study them closely over the last few weeks too. I'm still seeing odd little details on some I've not noticed before even after 40 years :)

Edit: photo I just took a moment ago :D

DAF4733F-60B6-4CEC-A921-2C53326460C9.jpeg

:D

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
poncho said:
ive said this numerous times before

but having a sift through my boxes of vintage starwars

i again think vintage starwars is awesome

the scuplts
the simplicity
the longitivity
the nostalgia

its all awesome!

Totally agree been going through some of mine tonight. Brings back memories.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom