Loose display - thoughts appreciated!

jayums

Jedi Master
My loose collection is starting to come together and I'm thinking about displaying them. I was watching an episode of retroblasting and would love something like this (see photo), particularly the logo and stripes surround - any thoughts on how to achieve this, or if any of you chaps have done something similar ?

Cheers

Attachments

• D6A966F4-7C3E-4B90-AD34-56829780173C.jpeg
    D6A966F4-7C3E-4B90-AD34-56829780173C.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,039

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
I have mine on black floating shelves in a little corner of my bungalow, space is limited unfortunately until the kids move out :lol: Think I have used the space wisely. Still got some Moving about and my falcon to fix to the wall.

Good luck with the display and can't wait to see the finished product 8)

20190203_160025.jpg

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I would have a hunt around on the internet to try and find the image file or find someone you can get it off. Then just go to a commercial printers that has a big quality printer that can print that large and get it printed on thick paper/card. Alternatively you could scan some cardbacks, 12/20 backs and 41 backs and create this on photoshop if you've got the skills. I could do it but I just don't have the time at the moment. Got a ton of my own photos to edit and projects that I haven't got round to doing! :wink:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Also bear in mind that if you increase the size of the logo and racetrack from what it is on a 6' x 9' cardback to a large poster size image you will lose image quality if it's not done right.

jayums

Jedi Master
That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Not sure about a cardback. I think I might take the surround from something like a first edition falcon box front as it will be a better resolution.

jayums

Jedi Master
Ruby2511 said:
I have mine on black floating shelves in a little corner of my bungalow, space is limited unfortunately until the kids move out :lol: Think I have used the space wisely. Still got some Moving about and my falcon to fix to the wall.

20190203_160025.jpg

Nice. Mine are (temporarily) behind glass and always think they look much better when they are out in the open.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
jayums said:
That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Not sure about a cardback. I think I might take the surround from something like a first edition falcon box front as it will be a better resolution.

It's an idea but how are you going to scan a Falcon box?? I have a high quality Canon scanner but it only goes up to A3. You'd need a big ass scanner! It would be very tricky to photograph right for this purpose. You'll never get the racetracks straight.

jayums

Jedi Master
Robstyley said:
jayums said:

It's an idea but how are you going to scan a Falcon box?? I have a high quality Canon scanner but it only goes up to A3. You'd need a big ass scanner! It would be very tricky to photograph right for this purpose. You'll never get the racetracks straight.

Yep, I haven't thought it through :lol: .I guess I could stick together two scans on photoshop but suspect it might well look crap. Perhaps something a tad smaller for an A3 scanner - a landspeeder or tie box ...

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
jayums said:
My loose collection is starting to come together and I'm thinking about displaying them. I was watching an episode of retroblasting and would love something like this (see photo), particularly the logo and stripes surround - any thoughts on how to achieve this, or if any of you chaps have done something similar ?

Cheers
That looks like a Matt Volpato display - you should be able to get details from his FB page. He's got some great ideas on there and provides the backdrops. Think you need to build it using acrylic or Perspex stands. Attached a couple of his other display stands
https://m.facebook.com/groups/swdisplays/

Attachments

• C7F61E83-7E7F-4CCD-A4D4-7B7D3D4BC908.jpeg
    C7F61E83-7E7F-4CCD-A4D4-7B7D3D4BC908.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 999
  • 238763CD-B2C5-4174-9B06-5BA71BF657A6.jpeg
    238763CD-B2C5-4174-9B06-5BA71BF657A6.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 999
  • 0578A2DD-9B24-4CE7-B8B5-5651E40BA8B7.jpeg
    0578A2DD-9B24-4CE7-B8B5-5651E40BA8B7.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 995

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
jayums said:

Cheers
That looks like a Matt Volpato display - you should be able to get details from his FB page. He's got some great ideas on there and provides the backdrops. Think you need to build it using acrylic or Perspex stands. Attached a couple of his other display stands
Wow, those all look fabulous! Thanks for the pointer and sharing the images.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Robstyley said:
There you go. Those are cool. I especially like the first 21 one, would like to see one in that style but for all the figures 8)
That would look great, but it would be gigantic! :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
There you go. Those are cool. I especially like the first 21 one, would like to see one in that style but for all the figures 8)
If you're based in the US this guy does a limited number of bespoke builds but they're not cheap
https://www.facebook.com/figuredisplay/

If you're not in the US he normally does the graphic kits, which you can buy and then build or get built the cabinet yourself. Doesn't appear to have them at the moment though
http://www.figuredisplay.com/

Attachments

• 0A80B7F9-FA6C-4BB9-AFFF-CDB95736D8EF.jpeg
    0A80B7F9-FA6C-4BB9-AFFF-CDB95736D8EF.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 994

jayums

Jedi Master
Boy am I glad I posted asking for help. Amazing stuff. Now all I have to do is use Facebook :shock: :lol: Many thanks for the links :D

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
jayums said:

Cheers

They look amazing 8) 8) 8)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
jayums said:
Boy am I glad I posted asking for help. Amazing stuff. Now all I have to do is use Facebook :shock: :lol: Many thanks for the links :D
I've bought the graphic for the 96 from the guy in the US but I've havent found anyone to build it / can't afford it yet. I'm also seriously tempted by the collect all 21 piece as I think it would go well with my vision for my collection

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:

20190203_160025.jpg

Nice one Russ

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
jayums said:

Cheers

They look amazing 8) 8) 8)

Agree they do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom