Mixing and matching accessories ...

jayums

Jedi Master
After years of being a bit fussy in my collecting habits, increasingly I find myself displaying loose figures however I bloody well like (and not always with the accessories intended).

For example, to me my death star gunner looks a lot better with a regular imperial blaster (and easier to get hold of!), and Luke hoth with a blue saber rather than a rifle etc.

I don't have a Luke Endor to try this out, but I wondered if the poncho and a Leia endor helmet fits on a regular Luke Jedi (imo a much better figure), and whether it looks any good?!

Or indeed if anybody else has any interesting combos?!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've got a couple of last 17 figures with the wrong accessories, kind of placeholders, just because of the prices of the right one. Lando Generals got a black pilot blaster and Luke Ponchos got a blue/black smuggler blaster. It doesn't bother me at all. I like the idea of putting what you think should go with it with it. They're your figures, I say do as you please.

jayums

Jedi Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
There's no way as a kid I remembered what went with what that's for sure

To be honest I can't remember having any accessories - I'm sure I'd lost most of them before I'd even made it home from the shop.

That said, not big fan of the endor / palace blasters - partly because of their cost, but even so I do think they are a bit rubbish compared to the imperial / bespin / smuggler blasters.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
jayums said:
After years of being a bit fussy in my collecting habits, increasingly I find myself displaying loose figures however I bloody well like (and not always with the accessories intended).

For example, to me my death star gunner looks a lot better with a regular imperial blaster (and easier to get hold of!), and Luke hoth with a blue saber rather than a rifle etc.

I don't have a Luke Endor to try this out, but I wondered if the poncho and a Leia endor helmet fits on a regular Luke Jedi (imo a much better figure), and whether it looks any good?!

I completely agree that you should display your figures however you like. I hate giving a Bespin blaster to my Han Bespin for example, and for that reason I always display him with a smuggler's blaster instead.

Regarding the Endor helmets, sorry, but Leia Endor's helmet does not properly fit Luke Jedi's much wider head, however you can get Luke Endor's poncho on him if you want to.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
There are some figure that just don't make sense what Kenner chose to pair up with accessories wise. I'm torn personally as I prefer to collect how things were originally sold, but displaying looks so much better with a more movie accurate selection. Here are some of my favourites that seem to make more sense...
DSCF8688.jpg

DSCF8686.jpg

DSCF8685.jpg

DSCF8684.jpg

DSCF8683.jpg

DSCF8682.jpg

DSCF8681.jpg

DSCF8680.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
There are some figure that just don't make sense what Kenner chose to pair up with accessories wise. I'm torn personally as I prefer to collect how things were originally sold, but displaying looks so much better with a more movie accurate selection. Here are some of my favourites that seem to make more sense...
DSCF8688.jpg
DSCF8686.jpg
DSCF8685.jpg
DSCF8684.jpg
DSCF8683.jpg
DSCF8682.jpg
DSCF8681.jpg
DSCF8680.jpg
I wholeheartedly agree! And terrific pictures too :)

jayums

Jedi Master
Great pics. Thanks for sharing them. Han bespin looks wayyy better with a smuggler blaster.

jayums

Jedi Master
Snaketibe said:
jayums said:

Regarding the Endor helmets, sorry, but Leia Endor's helmet does not properly fit Luke Jedi's much wider head, however you can get Luke Endor's poncho on him if you want to.

Thanks for this. Luke endor looks better with the green saber that's for certain.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
DSCF8688.jpg
DSCF8686.jpg
DSCF8685.jpg
DSCF8684.jpg
DSCF8683.jpg
DSCF8682.jpg
DSCF8681.jpg
DSCF8680.jpg
Great pictures as usual Chris.
Now everyone will be going out and buying another loose figure and weapons to make screen accurate figures, are you selling any at present? :wink: 8) I now need a imperial blaster!
Seriously Luke Hoth and the Snowtrooper look so much better.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
TK-7785 said:
DSCF8688.jpg
DSCF8686.jpg
DSCF8685.jpg
DSCF8684.jpg
DSCF8683.jpg
DSCF8682.jpg
DSCF8681.jpg
DSCF8680.jpg

looking good

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
What a great set of photos! Completely agree, they all look better than the 'official' accessories, which lets face it were all wrong anyway because most of the time Kenner had nothing to go on so just made them up.

spoons

Grand Master
TK-7785 said:
DSCF8688.jpg
DSCF8686.jpg
DSCF8685.jpg
DSCF8684.jpg
DSCF8683.jpg
DSCF8682.jpg
DSCF8681.jpg
DSCF8680.jpg

Great photos and you've turned one of the worst figures into one of the best. Han Carbonite looks fantastic with the palace blaster!

Great thread Jayums and I'm in total agreement that you should display how you want

poncho

Grand Master
spoons said:
TK-7785 said:
DSCF8688.jpg
DSCF8686.jpg
DSCF8685.jpg
DSCF8684.jpg
DSCF8683.jpg
DSCF8682.jpg
DSCF8681.jpg
DSCF8680.jpg

Great photos and you've turned one of the worst figures into one of the best. Han Carbonite looks fantastic with the palace blaster!

Great thread Jayums and I'm in total agreement that you should display how you want

Which is why by Luke storms is paired with any old coloured imperial blaster. Purists in your face!

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Thanks, guys. It's funny when you put a smuggler blaster in Han Bespin's or Luke Hoth's hand, or the palace blaster in Han Carbonite's, how well they fit. Kinda like the sculpts were designed for these accessories but some plonker at Kenner made some crappy executive decision to use some other accessory. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom