SWTOTW, Week 5, 2019, Part 2/2 Turret/Probot Playset

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Turret/Probot Playset:

hoth.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I love the Turret and Probot playset! As a kid, for me it was always streets ahead of the Imperial Attack Base, even though the latter did considerably more and was (I must grudgingly admit as an adult) actually the superior toy. However, the Imperial Attack Base wasn't in The Empire Strikes Back, whereas both a turret and a probot were! This made a real difference to me as a child :-D. Why would I want something that wasn't even in the film, when I could have something that was?! For that reason, I bought myself a T&P with my Christmas and birthday money as an 8 year-old, but never bothered with an IAB until adulthood :lol:

I've owned a Kenner Turret and Probot playset for ages after buying one off Jim Stevenson many, many years ago. However, as a Palitoy fan first and foremost, I was never completely satisfied with it, but I was also very slack about upgrading it to a Palitoy one. Years pass by, and Palitoy Turret and Probot playsets in good condition become increasingly scarce and expensive to buy, and I kick myself for not buying one earlier :(

However, I was very recently lucky enough to finally acquire one at long last. I'd still like to upgrade it to a better one, but it's certainly a whole lot better than not having one at all, and I am grateful to have it.

So here then are my two Turret and Probot playsets. I'm planning on selling the Kenner one if anyone's interested, as I simply don't have the space to display both, but for the time being I can do a Lars and show off more than one different box :-D!

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 01.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 02.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 03.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 04.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 05.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 06.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 07.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 08.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 09.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
What a great pair. :roll:
Looking at both base's are they the same?
Do I assume that this was one play set that Palitoy didn't "improved" from the Kenner one?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Do I assume that this was one play set that Palitoy didn't "improved" from the Kenner one?

By the time Empire came along, Palitoy had stopped altering the Kenner toys, so no, they didn't change anything but the box :-D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
I love the Turret and Probot playset! As a kid, for me it was always streets ahead of the Imperial Attack Base, even though the latter did considerably more and was (I must grudgingly admit as an adult) actually the superior toy. However, the Imperial Attack Base wasn't in The Empire Strikes Back, whereas both a turret and a probot were! This made a real difference to me as a child :-D. Why would I want something that wasn't even in the film, when I could have something that was?! For that reason, I bought myself a T&P with my Christmas and birthday money as an 8 year-old, but never bothered with an IAB until adulthood :lol:

I've owned a Kenner Turret and Probot playset for ages after buying one off Jim Stevenson many, many years ago. However, as a Palitoy fan first and foremost, I was never completely satisfied with it, but I was also very slack about upgrading it to a Palitoy one. Years pass by, and Palitoy Turret and Probot playsets in good condition become increasingly scarce and expensive to buy, and I kick myself for not buying one earlier :(

However, I was very recently lucky enough to finally acquire one at long last. I'd still like to upgrade it to a better one, but it's certainly a whole lot better than not having one at all, and I am grateful to have it.

So here then are my two Turret and Probot playsets. I'm planning on selling the Kenner one if anyone's interested, as I simply don't have the space to display both, but for the time being I can do a Lars and show off more than one different box :-D!

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 01.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 02.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 03.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 04.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 05.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 06.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 07.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 08.jpg

Isn't the Probot a Bit Close to the Turret - 09.jpg

do a Lars :lol: wow that is some beautiful boxes and great to see you have more than one box to share :lol: I love this 2 playsets. Is there any difference between the kenner and palitoy playset ? :? Thanks mate for sharing them with all of us :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:

By the time Empire came along, Palitoy had stopped altering the Kenner toys, so no, they didn't change anything but the box :-D

Oh I can see others have asked about the same thing :oops: :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
I only have this box :lol:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg
That's great box and a very clean toy, Lars. Thanks for sharing :)

Also, I have learned something new, as your Kenner box calls the toy the 'Turret/Probot Playset', whereas both my Kenner and Palitoy boxes call it the 'Turret & Probot Playset'. Yours was not a variation I was previously aware of.

Every day's a school day in this hobby! :-D

spoons

Grand Master
I didn't know there was a name change on this either, but you have some great examples. Presumably there's a Canadian one too?

I have this Palitoy in a bit of tatty box but it does for me
DBC04A62-5706-4C7E-9DBD-DFA2A1BD08E1.jpeg
7DD4D581-5590-45BF-B87D-DF894C394ED9.jpeg

poncho

Grand Master
I saw a baggie probot for £10 once on a eBay buy it now. It was listed for ages I regret not buying it. People are selling loose ones now for £40! That's just no fun is it. Pleased to say I got a loose one for £12 about 4 years ago :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Congratulations Jeremy. I know you'd been after a Palitoy version for absolutely ages. They look great
Thanks, Jay. Yes, it certainly took a while, but I managed to pick one up very recently. As you can see, it's roughly the same condition as my Kenner box, so I don't feel like I've downgraded when 'switching' to Palitoy! I'm still on the lookout for a really top condition Palitoy one, but I don't expect to find one quickly! :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:
I didn't know there was a name change on this either, but you have some great examples. Presumably there's a Canadian one too?

I have this Palitoy in a bit of tatty box but it does for me DBC04A62-5706-4C7E-9DBD-DFA2A1BD08E1.jpeg7DD4D581-5590-45BF-B87D-DF894C394ED9.jpeg
Thanks, Andy. It's always great to see another Palitoy box, and by the looks of things you have the instructions to go with yours, so well done for that.

Thanks for sharing :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
I only have this box :lol:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg
That's great box and a very clean toy, Lars. Thanks for sharing :)

Also, I have learned something new, as your Kenner box calls the toy the 'Turret/Probot Playset', whereas both my Kenner and Palitoy boxes call it the 'Turret & Probot Playset'. Yours was not a variation I was previously aware of.

Every day's a school day in this hobby! :-D

Thanks mate for the kind words :D Wow I did not see that the names of the playset is different :shock: You have the eyes of a variant collector :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:

I have this Palitoy in a bit of tatty box but it does for me DBC04A62-5706-4C7E-9DBD-DFA2A1BD08E1.jpeg7DD4D581-5590-45BF-B87D-DF894C394ED9.jpeg

Nice palitoy box andy 8) even as it is a bit tatty then I am sure many collectors would be happy to have a box that looks like yours :wink: I would be happy if I just had a palitoy box :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom