Do all 12 Back Chewie's have a Green Bowcaster?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I just noticed the grading label on this 12 Back Chewie and it says Green Bowcaster do they all have Green Bowcaster's?

Attachments

• IMG_20190205_111100.jpg
    IMG_20190205_111100.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,659

Palifan

Sith Lord
The green Bowcaster came with the first issue Chewbacca as far as I can remember. The more common ones are the Blue/Black so this one is definitely harder to get.

Out of interest are there any SKU numbers on the footer from what you can see? I noticed a 12 back Palitoy Chewbacca with them on a while back and Jason posted it up on his site if you haven't seen them before. Just thought there's a chance you might have them with having a green Bowcaster.

Great MOC by the way and the last of my Palitoy 12 back reseal run I picked up to complete the set, this was a tricky one at the time. :D

Ian

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Thanks for your response and help Ian. I will check to see if there are any SKU numbers on the footer and let you know.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
not carded but just for interest sake, the 1st ever issued chebacca baggies (SW-a no text) din not have the green bowcasters

That's interesting as I always thought the Green Bowsaster came with the first issue Chewie which was part of the 4 pack mailer that kids of the 70's sent off for at Christmas time.

Was the Green Bowcaster produced after the first 12 backs I wonder?

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Frunkstar said:
not carded but just for interest sake, the 1st ever issued chebacca baggies (SW-a no text) din not have the green bowcasters

That's interesting as I always thought the Green Bowsaster came with the first issue Chewie which was part of the 4 pack mailer that kids of the 70's sent off for at Christmas time.

Was the Green Bowcaster produced after the first 12 backs I wonder?

Ian
My childhood Palitoy 12 back Chewbacca had a decidedly green bowcaster when it was held up to the light, if that helps.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Palifan said:
The green Bowcaster came with the first issue Chewbacca as far as I can remember. The more common ones are the Blue/Black so this one is definitely harder to get.

Out of interest are there any SKU numbers on the footer from what you can see? I noticed a 12 back Palitoy Chewbacca with them on a while back and Jason posted it up on his site if you haven't seen them before. Just thought there's a chance you might have them with having a green Bowcaster.

Great MOC by the way and the last of my Palitoy 12 back reseal run I picked up to complete the set, this was a tricky one at the time. :D

Ian

Hi Ian

I checked the footer and there are no numbers on it.

Thanks

Anthony

Palifan

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Hi Ian

I checked the footer and there are no numbers on it.

Thanks

Anthony

Good to know and I still think it's less common to find a 12 back Palitoy Chewie with with a green Bowcaster so great pick up :D

Ian

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
This^^^ Green bowcaster has a flat bottom trigger guard. SW-A,B,C,D baggies found in early bird kits only D has been found with flat bottom trigger guard. And some of the MOCs labelled green bowcaster have had round trigger guards :?

Palifan

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
Frunkstar said:
This^^^ Green bowcaster has a flat bottom trigger guard. SW-A,B,C,D baggies found in early bird kits only D has been found with flat bottom trigger guard. And some of the MOCs labelled green bowcaster have had round trigger guards :?

What, a miss label on a graded item, unheard of surely?! :lol:

So the next question for Antony is does yours have a flat bottom?

Good info James on these first released baggies though and I'm guessing this Green Bowcaster was never seen again after the initial SW release of toys?

Ian

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Palifan said:
aussiejames said:
Frunkstar said:

Good info James on these first released baggies though and I'm guessing this Green Bowcaster was never seen again after the initial SW release of toys?

Ian

Hi Ian

Sorry I am not sure what you mean by a flat bottom, do you mean the footer or something else?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Palifan said:
aussiejames said:

Ian

Hi Ian

Sorry I am not sure what you mean by a flat bottom, do you mean the footer or something else?

No, it's the part where Chewie puts his hand through to hold it. The bottom of that part (it's the thin part outside of where the trigger would be that goes around the hand) can be curved or flat but hopefully someone here will post an example or link up for you.

Ian

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Palifan said:
aussiejames said:
Frunkstar said:

Ian

Sorry I haven't responded to your answer yet the Chewie is in my display and I have not had time to remove the glass as it takes two people. I will be adding some comics to my display soon so I will take the Chewie out then and check it and get back to you.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I have taken the figure out of the Display Cabinet and taken a few pictures hope this helps:

Attachments

• IMG_20190221_121939.jpg
    IMG_20190221_121939.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_20190221_121630.jpg
    IMG_20190221_121630.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_20190221_121539.jpg
    IMG_20190221_121539.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_20190221_121514.jpg
    IMG_20190221_121514.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_20190221_121444.jpg
    IMG_20190221_121444.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 603

Palifan

Sith Lord
Nice close ups but it looks like the hand is covering the part you need to see if it's flat or not :lol:

Typical when you want to see it but maybe there's a giveaway as to which version crossbow it is.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom