SWFUK

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10976
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Die Cast Tie Fighter:

tie-fighter.jpg
tie-fighter.jpg (26.31 KiB) Viewed 338 times

Lom
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:23 am

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Lom » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:06 am

I like the die cast line and the TIE in particular; loved it as a nipper. I have a bit of a TIE mini focus; I know I’ll never get a Meccano or Toltoys but hope to get a Palitoy SW and Kenner ESB version one day!

Kenner, Clipper, Takara and Harbert....

8041E1D9-4185-4F71-BD5C-B4F6B131BD12.jpeg
8041E1D9-4185-4F71-BD5C-B4F6B131BD12.jpeg (136.25 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Sith happens.....

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10976
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 am

Lom wrote:I like the die cast line and the TIE in particular; loved it as a nipper. I have a bit of a TIE mini focus; I know I’ll never get a Meccano or Toltoys but hope to get a Palitoy SW and Kenner ESB version one day!

Kenner, Clipper, Takara and Harbert....

8041E1D9-4185-4F71-BD5C-B4F6B131BD12.jpeg


Thanks for sharing that amazing collection, I did not know there was so many moc variants :shock: They look fantastic 8) I hope you get the ones you are missing :wink:

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2259
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:04 am

What a great collection! Thanks for sharing :-)

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7980
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby spoons » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:24 pm

Coming along nicely Martin!

I just need the Meccano TIE to finish my run, but the Toltoys, Canada 20 and Harbert all need upgrading to fully factory sealed examples.

Image
Attachments
TIE display.jpg
TIE display.jpg (65.65 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Last edited by spoons on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10976
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:35 pm

spoons wrote:Coming along nicely Martin!

I just need the Meccano TIE to finish my run, but the Toltoys, Canada 20 and Harbert all need upgrading to fully factory sealed examples.

TIE display.jpg


Wow andy another amazing collection in this thread 8) I am very surprised that there are so many different moc for the die cast tie :shock:

I hope you find the meccano and get the 3 other updated :wink:

User avatar
Mini99
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2686
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Mini99 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:37 pm

spoons wrote:Coming along nicely Martin!

I just need the Meccano TIE to finish my run, but the Toltoys, Canada 20 and Harbert all need upgrading to fully factory sealed examples.

TIE display.jpg

Stunning run Andy!
Do you mind me asking what in the mailer box?

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7980
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby spoons » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Thanks both,

Nick - I've got a couple of TIE Mailers one sealed and one open. The earlier version doesn't have any text on the box

tiemailer2-3.jpg
tiemailer2-3.jpg (96.99 KiB) Viewed 281 times
tiemailer1-1.jpg
tiemailer1-1.jpg (73.83 KiB) Viewed 281 times
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
Mini99
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2686
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Mini99 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:04 pm

Well there you go...I’ve never seen a die cast mailer before.
Thanks for enlightening me.
Just to say it again that really is an impressive run.

Martin, that run of yours is coming on nicely, really like the foreign carded ones.

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7980
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby spoons » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Mini99 wrote:Well there you go...I’ve never seen a die cast mailer before.
Thanks for enlightening me.
Just to say it again that really is an impressive run.

Martin, that run of yours is coming on nicely, really like the foreign carded ones.


Glad its appreciated. Some of the later mailers had folded MOCs in them but I've never seen one in the flesh.
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

Lom
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:23 am

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Lom » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:44 pm

I was waiting for a post from Andy - bloody lovely mate!

That small wing Vader TIE on the standard TIE cardback test is the cream of that beautiful collection for me. I’d better add that to the list of ones I won’t be getting!

There is something about those mailers that is really nice. I have one too - each individual part is wrapped in tissue, there’s a brochure, and in my case it had the catalogue sales ticket from Sears in the box too. They are great little things!

44F7E48D-0457-48F7-AEA2-C05C85990D2F.jpeg
44F7E48D-0457-48F7-AEA2-C05C85990D2F.jpeg (255.43 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Sith happens.....

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10976
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Lom wrote:I was waiting for a post from Andy - bloody lovely mate!

That small wing Vader TIE on the standard TIE cardback test is the cream of that beautiful collection for me. I’d better add that to the list of ones I won’t be getting!

There is something about those mailers that is really nice. I have one too - each individual part is wrapped in tissue, there’s a brochure, and in my case it had the catalogue sales ticket from Sears in the box too. They are great little things!

44F7E48D-0457-48F7-AEA2-C05C85990D2F.jpeg


wow this thread is going fast :shock: another beautiful item from your collection, thanks mate for sharing it 8) I have never seen mailers of the tie fighter before today :shock:

User avatar
Mini99
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2686
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Mini99 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:27 pm

I don’t collect die cast but I would love one of those mailers.
And a few hours ago I never knew that they existed!
Yes Andy, it’s very much appreciated,

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2259
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:48 pm

Andy, that's a superb run! Best of luck finding a Meccano and the upgrades you want.

Thanks for sharing :-)

User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3823
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 6, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Palifan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:12 pm

There are some fantastic examples in this thread so thank you all for posting the pictures up, pure quality :D

Ian


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Pomse2001, titusillu and 24 guests