Guidance Advised: 2,387 Vintage Figures Melted

elcroz

Padawan
https://youtu.be/bf2tBFfMLMk

This is the most disturbing thing you'll see today.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Saw this yesterday. I'm still not clear what his point is? Whether it's humour, satire, attention seeking, revenue making, notoriety or plain trolling it's rather lost on me.

Other than the obvious fact it's an incredible waste of figures that would be far better off used by kids for what they were designed for, it's an environmental crime. How's he going to dispose of that toxic sludge after? I mean the acetone and melted plastic, not the drivel that comes out of his mouth, incidentally.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ok this guy is a jerk, destroying 2387 figures is only getting the prices more up than they are today.

I hope he is not a member on this forum ? :?

I would never sell to him if I knew he was the buyer :evil:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Saw this yesterday. I'm still not clear what his point is? Whether it's humour, satire, attention seeking, revenue making, notoriety or plain trolling it's rather lost on me.

Other than the obvious fact it's an incredible waste of figures that would be far better off used by kids for what they were designed for, it's an environmental crime. How's he going to dispose of that toxic sludge after? I mean the acetone and melted plastic, not the drivel that comes out of his mouth, incidentally.

I totally agree environmental crime :shock:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Best not to rise to it as that's exactly what he wants, just a pathetic attention seeking loser who can only get Youtube views by antagonising people. It's like somebody eating meat in front of some vegetarians for a 'laugh.'

Your views would be better spent on something constructive.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
With respect to the original poster (I'm sure your intentions were well meant), maybe it's worth removing this (admin?). It's a mindless act and clicking to watch only serves to help bolster the perpetrator's views and ego therefore playing into their hands.

Chris

elcroz

Padawan
TK-7785 said:
With respect to the original poster (I'm sure your intentions were well meant), maybe it's worth removing this (admin?). It's a mindless act and clicking to watch only serves to help bolster the perpetrator's views and ego therefore playing into their hands.

Chris
No offence taken. My intentions for posting was the obvious, we all love vintage Star Wars toys... and this goon melted nearly 2,500 of them.

I am happy for the post to be removed in hindsight as what TK-7785 says is very true, it will only fan the flames.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
I may be mistaken but I think this guy is Mr Plinkett, who did the very funny prequel reviews. He's had a review show on YouTube for ages and he reviews all kinds of stuff on the channel Red Letter Media. I haven't watched the clip but recognise his face (and font). Maybe he's ran out of ideas or is just seeking attention and notoriety now that Plinkett is over. What ever the story I think destroying toys is bad. Wether to prove a point or not, they are toys. Give them to a kid. ****ing bellend.

olisuds

Sith Lord
Don't give him the credit he's looking for by clicking on the link and viewing the video.

People always do destructive things to get attention. Regardless of whether he likes or loathes Star Wars, they are worth something - probably quite a lot. So it's about as smart as someone setting fire to a pile of money.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Smashing a guitar or burning money I can understand as an artist act, but destroying toys, books or food just seems wrong to me. We're talking about him so his plan worked. Shitbag.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Pointless destruction of anything is mindless and shows a real lack of intelligence. I'm sure he was trying to make a point about something, but if he can't articulate it without doing something like then he go do one as far as I'm concerned. If his intention is to upset fans like us, well done, sir. Mission accomplished. Now go play in the road. :roll:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
YouTube has become a tabloid written by Joe Idiot.

As soon as they monetised hits, people will go to ridiculous lengths to get attention. And most attention is from notoriety or contrarianism.
No one is interested in good news stories in Tabloids, the same here.

Luke Skywalker fingers a squirrel LEAK is going to get more hits than - why I loved Jakku.......

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I'm astonished and repulsed by this, it really is a "wtf is the point in that?" moment.

A shame because I think that red letter media analysis of the SW films is insightful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom