Any way to repair dents in bubbles?

IMTech

Padawan
Does anyone have any tips for repairing the dent in bubbles?

I have a Trilogo Vader that is badly dented so after a few beers at the weekend I had a go with some double-sided sticky tabs.

Before: -

After: -

As you can see from the before and after pictures I had some success and did not damage the seal to the card ââ'¬â€œ the item will never be perfect, but it has made it fairly presentable and avoids the dreaded U grade!

The bottom right corner still has a sizable dint though and I would like to try and pull out, so if anyone has any advice let me know.

..............Now I've just got to figure out how to turn the figures head!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
nice one mate. i've tried it a few times, even on my tri logo yak which scared the **** out of me :lol:

Dom

Jedi Master
I tried it once with a hair dryer, it just shrink wrapped the figure to the card :cry:

IMTech

Padawan
Thanks for the advice Dom, the hair dryer was going to be my next attempt - I don't think Vader is ready for vacum packing just yet!

spoons

Grand Master
Well done, I've tried it a few times with no success :cry:

how is the hairdryer method meant to work? Does the heat make the bubble contract?

sith-smith

Grand Master
Someone told me once that you could literally suck certain dents and dings out of a bubble.

Personally I think they just had some kind of kinky fetish.

But you never know.

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
The trick on really squashed trilogo bubles is to try and bend the creases the other wayand the dents and dings should just come out.I did it once with a anakin figure whos bubble was really squashed and it looked quite good when i had finished. But you can overbend a trilogo bubble and end up with it cracking. So be carefull.

Graham_Marshall

Padawan
sith-smith said:
Someone told me once that you could literally suck certain dents and dings out of a bubble.

But you never know.

I tried that and made a few funny noises. My Mom accused me of "getting off with my Star wars dollies"!! :oops:

spoons

Grand Master
TWOFOOT said:
The trick on really squashed trilogo bubles is to try and bend the creases the other wayand the dents and dings should just come out.I did it once with a anakin figure whos bubble was really squashed and it looked quite good when i had finished. But you can overbend a trilogo bubble and end up with it cracking. So be carefull.

twofoot, how do you bend the bubble without creasing the card? Or do you use tape or suchlike?

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Graham_Marshall said:
sith-smith said:

But you never know.

I tried that and made a few funny noises. My Mom accused me of "getting off with my Star wars dollies"!! :oops:

Would one of those little keyboard hoovers do the trick? May give a good seal and a bit of control.

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
twofoot, how do you bend the bubble without creasing the card? Or do you use tape or suchlike?
Its difficult and should only be done on a card that is completley ****ed because then if you crack the bubble or split the seal etc it doesnt matter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom