EV-9D9 arm swap

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
So I have two vintage EV-9D9 figures; one which only has a right arm and one which only has a left arm. In both cases the arms are still attached and pretty stiff. I'd really like to take an arm from one to use on the other without causing any damage to the figures or arms. Does anyone have any advice on this? Is it a simple boil-and-pop, or is there more to it? Is there are better way of doing it? Is it even possible?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The arms on EV-9D9 are notoriously flimsy and prone to snapping off, as you have clearly already discovered :-(. I wish there was some way to do what you want, but I'd be amazed if there was. You could try the boil and pop technique, but sadly all I think is likely to happen is that the arms would snap off leaving the shoulder pegs inside the body.

If there was some way to prise the body apart without damaging it, then the arms could be removed without snapping them, but I am unaware of any such technique. If you didn't mind gluing the body back together again, the only method I can think of would be to very carefully saw through the front of the torso of one of the figures, and carefully remove all parts of the front with pliers, and then the repeat the feat cutting through the back of the torso of the other figure. You could then retrieve both arms, and then glue to two undamaged torso halves together again enclosing both arms. In theory that should work, and you would be making one whole figure from two damaged ones, but it would certainly be a fiddly enterprise, and you would always know it was a 'cut and shut' figure at the end of the day. Quite frankly, unless moving the figure's arms is crucial to you, it would be far easier and probably look better if you simply pulled the arm from one of the figures, accepting that it will snap off inside the body at the shoulder peg, and then simply glue it onto the other figure in the desired position.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do :)

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I didn't get chance to take Poncho up on his kind offer; the arm on one of the EV's snapped off when I tried to move it. It meant I could transfer it over to the other but not in the way I'd wanted.

Danielhubby

That stinks. Sorry! I've got the same situation right now - two EVs, each with an opposite arm. Wasn't sure if there was a fix apart from butchery with an exacting knife and glue. We'll see...

Be safe, be well,
Danielhubby

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom