ROTJ Carded Focus

boba frett

Jedi Master
I've decided recently to try and aquire a full set of carded figures released on ROTJ cards including all card front variations - I've counted 86 in all!

I'm going for the ROTJ cards because these are the ones that I remember from my childhood and because my finances won't allow for a set of 12 backs etc.

I've made a good start and managed to get 48 so far - all the usual suspects, only need the Emperor from the Jedi debut line.

Are there any figures considered rare on Jedi cards? I know Leia Organa, Luke Gunner and Boba Fett aren't cheap, what others will hurt my wallet?

Dom

Jedi Master
Black Bespin Guard was a real bastard when I did my set, but that was pre internet.

Dom

Jedi Master
boba frett said:
Have you still got the full set Dom?

No I swapped it for a BMW, alcohol, gambling & strippers

I scrapped the BMW 2 years ago, don`t drink anymore, still love to gamble and rarely see any strippers. :evil:

AndyG

Jedi Knight
boba frett said:
Are there any figures considered rare on Jedi cards? I know Leia Organa, Luke Gunner and Boba Fett aren't cheap, what others will hurt my wallet?

I have a full run of 86 8)

Luke Desert will not be cheap either.

Han Solo and Yoda on either cardback are also in the upper range for ROTJ.

Are you collecting offerless or just Kenenr USA or along any other theme?

I went for a range of offers and offerless and different cards from different countries/companies.

boba frett

Jedi Master
Are you collecting offerless or just Kenenr USA or along any other theme?

First goal is to get each one of the 86! Not too bothered about country at the moment. Would love an offerless run eventually. Then I guess I'll be after the last 17 on Tri-logo. I will probably sell my current POTF last 17 - Anakin & Yak out of my league! :cry:

AndyG

Jedi Knight
boba frett said:
First goal is to get each one of the 86! Not too bothered about country at the moment. Would love an offerless run eventually.

As well as the regular 79 back with Anakin Offer printed also picked up the Canadian 77 back offerless Lumat and Paploo - defintely prefer these two to the offer ones.

IMTech

Padawan
You could always save some time and just bid on these, if you have a spare 5 grand......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAR-WARS-VINTAGE-ROTJ-POTF-DROIDS-EWOKS-MOC-AFA-UP-LOT_W0QQitemZ280061059035QQihZ018QQcategoryZ50277QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

....sort of takes the fun out of collecting though!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom