origanal prices

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
does anyone know how much the stuff cost back in the day
i am sure at its peak i was paying Ã'£1.25 for a figure from asda ,but as most of the ships were got as birthday or christmas presents i never really took much notice of the prices

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I don't remember ever paying for a figure although it was probably taken out of my pocket money!! :lol:

It's weird but the only figure I remember actually opening was the Emperor. :?

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
that is weird , now you have said that i carnt remember opening a figure ,well i remember getting a rebel soldiers of my nana for christmas and silently thinking ,i already ****ing have this ,but she did have me another 2 figures so i let her live

sith-smith

Grand Master
I can remember on the day I went to visit my secondary school, my mum bought me a wicket. that was Ã'£2.25.

I think i still have the cardback at home somewhere.

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
for figures I remember price tags of Ã'£1.75, Ã'£1.99 and then towards the end 99p

Not sure about ships and stuff - for some reason I have Ã'£9.99 for the Deathstar in my head, bur I think it was more than that

boba frett

Jedi Master
I didn't think they were as expensive as Ã'£3.50

I think I paid Ã'£3.50 - Ã'£4 for some of the last 17 I bought in 1985. I mean thats what my parents paid for them! lol

I think I managed to get about 7 of the last 17 at this price at the same seaside shop. I should have cleared the shop and kept them in storage! :D

Bollux

Grand Master
Jabba, the price was then crossed out and reduced to Ã'£5.99!

the good old days!

i think my parents said the falcon was about Ã'£30 and the at-at about Ã'£50...

sith-smith

Grand Master
PhantomShadow said:
for figures I remember price tags of Ã'£1.75, Ã'£1.99 and then towards the end 99p

Not sure about ships and stuff - for some reason I have Ã'£9.99 for the Deathstar in my head, bur I think it was more than that

Some one on another site (I think it was IOP) said about Ã'£12 for the deathstar.

sith-smith

Grand Master
but that's about 1978/9.

That might have been quite a lot back then.

And remember it is only cardboard

sith-smith

Grand Master
Price drop?

From what they go for now?

Figures are far worse in terms of how much they go for now compared to back in the day. :twisted:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom